• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gardenholic

Gardenholic

I think they all look a hell of a lot better than they did 5 days ago

D

DMarsh1081

Hey friends,

I just got back from an 8 day vacation, and my seedlings don’t seem to be doing very well. My
girlfriend was in charge of feeding and watering, and I did a terrible job going over the basics before I left.

The medium is Sunshine advance mix 4 with a little added perlite, and the plants are under 600-900W of COB lighting depending on temperature.

The room is 75 degrees and 60-66% humidity with a 350 cfm exhaust fan. My girlfriend fed the plants twice while I was gone, (Tuesday and Friday) and the plants really started showing problems over the weekend.

I feel like these symptoms are caused by a number of issues.

1) I forgot to tell her how to ph the water
2) I failed to include Sensi Cal-mag in the feeding regimen
3) Not enough drainage/too much water in the medium.

Every single one of the seedlings is drooping, most are yellowing towards the bottom, and a lot of them have the tan/rust spots that appear when the ph fluctuates.

The first feeding was 1/4 tsp/gal of sea green and rootamentary from primordial and the second feeding I had her bump it up to 1/2 tsp because of the yellowing leaves.

In hindsight, I realize the lack of nutrients could be due to the ph being out of range.

How much should I let these dry out before I try anything else? Would a mild foliar of Sensi cal mag and the rootamentary/sea green be too much on them in this condition?

I believe they are all at a point where they can be saved, but they definitely need some TLC.
View attachment 760968 View attachment 760969 View attachment 760970 View attachment 760971 View attachment 760972 View attachment 760973 View attachment 760974
Appreciate all the help I can get!!

Yes, they're definitely jacked up and this didn't happen in a week.
First of all stop using any soil form Sunshine, they have been having major problems with PH for two seasons now. My background is in large floriculture greenhouses and they have had alot of problems with Sunshine's PH issues. I think Berger peat is much better, especially their mixes with the natural wood fiber. I believe that some of the Sunshine peat that has been returned to the processing facilities is being repackaged for the Small grower.
Also, you are only showing half of the picture,really need to see the root ball. The top of the plant is an indicator of what's going on below the surface. Trouble usually starts in the roots and will give you a heads up before the top part of the plant is symptomatic

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Yes, they're definitely jacked up and this didn't happen in a week.
First of all stop using any soil form Sunshine, they have been having major problems with PH for two seasons now. My background is in large floriculture greenhouses and they have had alot of problems with Sunshine's PH issues. I think Berger peat is much better, especially their mixes with the natural wood fiber. I believe that some of the Sunshine peat that has been returned to the processing facilities is being repackaged for the Small grower.
Also, you are only showing half of the picture,really need to see the root ball. The top of the plant is an indicator of what's going on below the surface. Trouble usually starts in the roots and will give you a heads up before the top part of the plant is symptomatic
the plants had definitely outgrown their soil. Thanks for the info on the sunshine ph problems

Top Bottom