Seedlings Too Small, Help!!!!!!

• Thread starter PandaTurtles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PandaTurtles

Hello!!
This is my first time growing. I have planted both autoflowers and photoperiod plant, they're 18 days after sprouting. I was using a 1000 watt MH light the first 14 days but only had it at 50%, I kept the MH light at 50% and added a 600 watt LED grow light on the 15th day, then 3 days later which was today, I took the LED out of the tent and increase the my MH light to 100%. My temperature go between 84 and 88 degree Fahrenheit with the lights on, and between 72 and 76 degree Fahrenheit with the lights off. Humidity goes between 40% and 60%. I have a 450 CFM exhaust fan connected to my MH light, and a 450 CFM intake fan, and 2 small fans pointed at the plants and a big fan for air circulation. I do 18 on, 6 off for my lights, I water them with 6 - 6.3 pH every 3 days (seems like that's how long it takes for the soil to dry). Soil is a mixture of Foxfarm ocean forest, I added vermiculite, and perlite. I did feed them with Ph Perfect Technology Grow and Micro last week (about 12 days after sprout), I only put half of what I'm supposed to put.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I know these plants are a lot smaller than what they should be.

Please help.

I have attached images; the ones in the 7 gallon pots are autoflowers, and the ones in the seedling pots are my photoperiod plants.

Seedlings too small help
Seedlings too small help 2
Seedlings too small help 3
Seedlings too small help 4
Seedlings too small help 5
Seedlings too small help 6

Reactions: Ina
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I think they look pretty good for 2 weeks/18 days.. If I was going to do anything I might try and get more fresh air/airflow.
Plants look healthy, with nothing going on vs the leaves.

88 is a bit hot, which will slow growth.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
With that much light intensity they are going to grow slower vertically and more compact. Nothing wrong with that but that’s why you aren’t getting the kind of stretch you’d see with flouros. Nothing to worry about. It might be a tad early to start feeding them. I’d wait another week or so before hitting them again with ferts. And when you do feet them go half strength until they are big enough to handle more.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I myself start feeding as soon as I see the 1st true leaves, but you have to go by individual circumstances. I give 20% feed, with each watering after the 1st true leaves appear.

I start seedlings, and veg with 1000w Hortilux HPS. I put the light at 24-28 inches. I also have a fan constantly blowing air. Not beating them up, but a constant breeze.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
To the OP I moved your thread to general indoor grows. this is an intro only thread

Latest posts

Top Bottom