Seedlings

• Thread starter FedeleFiness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FedeleFiness

FedeleFiness

Hi I have a few questions:

1. When just potting your seeds with the root in the pot how much water should you give them and how often?

2. When do you start giving your pants nutrients and how often?

3. Growing outside can you just let nature take its course?

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

1. When just potting your seeds with the root in the pot how much water should you give them and how often?

Before you drop your seed in a cup , use solo cups til about 3-4 weeks. Make sure they roots build up well around the cup. As the roots grow more it'll need more water, using solo cups also helps Incase one dies you don't lose as much soil.

Before placing your seedling in the soil germinate it. Once it has a small tap root put it about 1.5-2 inches deep from the top. And water prior to dropping the seedling in. Wait about 7-10 days after it's out of the soil until you start "feeding" the 2nd set of leaves should be out or growing at that time. Also only use 1/4 strength for seedlings as they're more prone to toxicity and disease. Also when you water make sure your cup is feeling light. Feel the cup before and after you water. That should give you an idea of when to water again. Plants can drown if you feed me too much water

damien50

damien50

In coco I saturate the media then but the seed in. Once the round leaves come out I water once a day until runoff. In a about a week from sprouting I water about 4 times a day. This isn't helpful if you plan to grow soil but you didn't specify. I give them nutrients with every feed from the beginning in coco.

Can't answer your outdoor question. Sorry

Madmax

Madmax

Yes..you can let nature take its course .if you have enough seeds.it could take awhile and relying on rainfall to moistened ground to start the process.if you do it this way throw a few in there .always plant more than what you need..Id advise putting your seed ar a depth of no more than 10mm deep..at 2inches in dirt it will battle to raise from that deep.im not saying dont but ive put them around 7mm deep for 30 yrs and have a very very good strike rate.soon as the the seed shoots they shout b showing themselves in 4-5 days..if not have a little poke around loosen top dirt etc to help them..always keep it moist.its very important at a very early age f it dries out .you will lose them before they even come up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom