Seeds From Buds

• Thread starter JustStartedD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

I got some seeds from a nug out of some weed I bought from the store. I've read that if the plant was stressed during flower it could produce seeds. Or towards the end of flowering when the plant is near the end of its life cycle it can also produce a couple seeds. Anyone know that the probability of females are or would it still be totally random ? 50\50 chance.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

If you got them from a dispensery prob a plant hermied and pollinated the group.Will most likely be 98 percent female.
The first 3 seeds I got from a whole ounce of flower. So I wasn't too sure about those. But I got all these from about 7g of flower. Do you still think it'll have a high success rate of females ?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You got that many seeds from a quarter oz? I don’t think it’s a hermie. It was prolly pollinated on accident. A couple seeds here and there is one thing but you were sold 5 grams of seeds. lol.

Madbud

Madbud

I grow bag seeds, last year i had 12/12 females, this year was 4/6.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

You got that many seeds from a quarter oz? I don’t think it’s a hermie. It was prolly pollinated on accident. A couple seeds here and there is one thing but you were sold 5 grams of seeds. lol.
I still have about this much to go through. And each nugs has anywhere from 1-5 seeds

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Well see what you get. I doubt they’ll be feminized seeds but who knows. If I was the grower I wouldn’t have allowed that out of my possession. That just makes everyone look bad.

NGA

NGA

I've tried 12 bag weed seeds over the last year, first time growing seeds all where female ,got 4 really nice girls,

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Well see what you get. I doubt they’ll be feminized seeds but who knows. If I was the grower I wouldn’t have allowed that out of my possession. That just makes everyone look bad.
I put 12 seeds to germ hopefully I get 5-6 females I'll be happy

NGA

NGA

First one white widow nobody found seeds outta this grow,2nd sour tangie the buds on this are rock hard and just covered in goodness- only grew out 4 seeds threw the rest in garbage,if they don't have nice buds by week 3 It's garbage to me

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

View attachment 823851 View attachment 823852 First one white widow nobody found seeds outta this grow,2nd sour tangie the buds on this are rock hard and just covered in goodness- only grew out 4 seeds threw the rest in garbage,if they don't have nice buds by week 3 It's garbage to me
They look really good ! And I'm just doing a grow to get some bud and hopefully master this small space I got until I move to a bigger house

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

If I was the grower I wouldn’t have allowed that out of my possession. That just makes everyone look bad.

Never been to a dispensary before? I bet this strain was labeled "Super Snoop Chronic Post Malone OG Cookie Purp".

I used to read Leafly for laughs but they mostly delete the real comments these days.. I could write a novel on the foul shit dispensaries do.

Fotor 153469489636781
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Never been to a dispensary before? I bet this strain was labeled "Super Snoop Chronic Post Malone OG Cookie Purp".

I used to read Leafly for laughs but they mostly delete the real comments these days.. I could write a novel on the foul shit dispensaries do.
I just went in to that dispensary for the 1st time. And the bud wasn't bad at all but it was just seedy. It looks good

43FF34AC BACD 4F63 AEB1 6C63BE7337FF
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve been to a few dispensaries. Not too thrilled with the warez they offer but in a pinch it beats smoking pipe tar (resin as we used to call it). But that doesn’t mean that he should have that many seeds in such a small quantity. If it was a case of hermies then that grower needs to get his head out of his ass and figure it out. If it was an accident then they should not have let those buds go to market. Either way I feel paying $10-15gram for random bagseed is excessive.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

I’ve been to a few dispensaries. Not too thrilled with the warez they offer but in a pinch it beats smoking pipe tar (resin as we used to call it). But that doesn’t mean that he should have that many seeds in such a small quantity. If it was a case of hermies then that grower needs to get his head out of his ass and figure it out. If it was an accident then they should not have let those buds go to market. Either way I feel paying $10-15gram for random bagseed is excessive.
I was just on a budget this week for bud. When I get paid I usually get top shelf stuff u til I finish growing

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

What if the seed is fro. Thw actual hermied plant? Then the seed is hermed, but if that hermied plant makes other females pollinate, then the seeds produced are 98% fem?
If you got them from a dispensery prob a plant hermied and pollinated the group.Will most likely be 98 percent female.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

What if the seed is fro. Thw actual hermied plant? Then the seed is hermed, but if that hermied plant makes other females pollinate, then the seeds produced are 98% fem?
Even if it's from the "original" herm seeds are still 50/50 male females

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It depends on how the mother was pollinated.

If the female plant grew male flowers or nanners and dropped pollen on her own buds they are feminized self seeds. S-1

If a male was present and pollinated the female plant the seeds can be male or female.

The hermie “gene” is likely a myth in the fact that all marijuana plants can reverse.

Of course if the plant is poorly bred and prone to reversal you will see more nanners or balls. So self seeds here may not be desirable.

If the plant reversed due to stress then the resulting feminized seeds can grow good plants and may never reverse.

And reversed female plants can also pollinate other females and this will result in feminized seeds also as there is no male chromosome present.

And s-1 seeds will grow varied plants like normal seeds. But the male part of the equation will be missing. So less phenos result. But to get an identical plant is not likely but close is possible.

Hope this all helps.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

It depends on how the mother was pollinated.

If the female plant grew male flowers or nanners and dropped pollen on her own buds they are feminized self seeds. S-1

If a male was present and pollinated the female plant the seeds can be male or female.

The hermie “gene” is likely a myth in the fact that all marijuana plants can reverse.

Of course if the plant is poorly bred and prone to reversal you will see more nanners or balls. So self seeds here may not be desirable.

If the plant reversed due to stress then the resulting feminized seeds can grow good plants and may never reverse.

And reversed female plants can also pollinate other females and this will result in feminized seeds also as there is no male chromosome present.

And s-1 seeds will grow varied plants like normal seeds. But the male part of the equation will be missing. So less phenos result. But to get an identical plant is not likely but close is possible.

Hope this all helps.
Thanks for the input. I'm not sure what the case was but I got it off the store that way. And I'm telling u I got about 5 grams of seeds in total from 14g of flower

Top Bottom