Separating buds from shake

• Thread starter girlwondergrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Do Be

Do Be

There's a pretty sizeable thread on this subject floating around on another prominent forum. Not sure of the cross forum etiquette, here's the link https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237. If that doesn't work google "a perfect cure every time".

The consensus is 60%-62% for short term storage and use, 58%-60% for long term storage. There are some tweaks for flavor and vapor if you enjoy a vape, overall a quite informative read.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
There's a pretty sizeable thread on this subject floating around on another prominent forum. Not sure of the cross forum etiquette, here's the link . If that doesn't work google "a perfect cure every time".

The consensus is 60%-62% for short term storage and use, 58%-60% for long term storage. There are some tweaks for flavor and vapor if you enjoy a vape, overall a quite informative read.
Links dont work due to security fwiw

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

There's a pretty sizeable thread on this subject floating around on another prominent forum. Not sure of the cross forum etiquette, here's the link . If that doesn't work google "a perfect cure every time".

can you elaborate a little on the vape-tweaks? that thread is over 100pages and no detailed search function.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
62% humidity seems a bit high for storage.

20% would be about the max you'd want I think--someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
No, 62% is right within the sweet range for cannabis, which is generally 60%-65%RH. I seal at this range and with only one notable exception (Northern Lights #5, stays waaaayyy too sticky at that RH, so I prefer it below 60%) it stays perfect for months on end.

What RH for storage, including sealing, is perfect for cannabis is really variety-dependent, in my experience. The NL#5 mentioned above is unsmokable at a 65% RH, is closer to smokable at 60%, but is much more easily handled without crumbling to shake when it's nearer 50% RH. I think it takes a little practice to really get it right and I also think that each person has to decide what state is best for them, and then once you learn how it feels, it's a lot easier to just get it done. I happen to have a small weather station in the area that I use for curing and storage, sometimes drying (depending on how rainy it is) that I log from.

G

guyNamedMe

I've got a reoccurring problem with shake in my meds. After trimming and curing I need to separate leaf particles and tiny little broken pieces from the buds. The best I've come up with so far is just shaking the material in my hand and letting the duff fall through. With the volume I'm dealing with that is hours and hours of shaking. Has anyone come up with a better solution?

To be clear, I'm not trying to kief or lower the buds quality. I want to preserve it as much as possible, but don't want a cup of crap at the bottom of every bag.

someone I know made this thing, and its Open Source for anyone to use: https://grabcad.com/library/shake-separator-1 (a download is at the bottom for people without a way to download from the site itself.

FrontFinalSSepv2
8hrender
Top Bottom