Shatter Matters

• Thread starter Jusdguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jusdguy

Jusdguy

First of all I would like to say thank you in advance for taking the time to read my ramblings and any advice is very much appreciated.

Also I'm saying shatter not knowing what else to call it. What I make you can handle below about 75 or 80° I've also heard it called taffy That being said I am fairly new to the concentrates but figured out quite quickly you have to trust where you get it from so I decided to make it myself. A glass tube case a butane later here we go. I am smart man didn't take me long to figure out this is stupid. Fast forward I am now the proud owner of a terpinator Mark III close loop active system. I bought the system from someone that didn't have a clue how to use it and dumber than a box of s**t but thought he knew how it worked and wouldn't listen to no one so I've had to figure it out on my own.I try and do the same thing every time. Water bath on the collection pot is 80 to 90° And I run my purge temperature at 113°. my purge is just one of those aluminum pots with the plexi glass lid and a stick on heater but it's what I have for now.
My first question there are tons of different butanes and butane mixes. Which one would be the best for this application?

And I have a 1 pound cylinder for product. Grind the product or do not grind?

And can butane pick up a color like a dark green or Amber?
Once again thank you for taking the time to read this and any help is appreciated.

Smerb

Smerb

First of all I would like to say thank you in advance for taking the time to read my ramblings and any advice is very much appreciated.

Also I'm saying shatter not knowing what else to call it. What I make you can handle below about 75 or 80° I've also heard it called taffy That being said I am fairly new to the concentrates but figured out quite quickly you have to trust where you get it from so I decided to make it myself. A glass tube case a butane later here we go. I am smart man didn't take me long to figure out this is stupid. Fast forward I am now the proud owner of a terpinator Mark III close loop active system. I bought the system from someone that didn't have a clue how to use it and dumber than a box of s**t but thought he knew how it worked and wouldn't listen to no one so I've had to figure it out on my own.I try and do the same thing every time. Water bath on the collection pot is 80 to 90° And I run my purge temperature at 113°. my purge is just one of those aluminum pots with the plexi glass lid and a stick on heater but it's what I have for now.
My first question there are tons of different butanes and butane mixes. Which one would be the best for this application?

And I have a 1 pound cylinder for product. Grind the product or do not grind?

And can butane pick up a color like a dark green or Amber?
Once again thank you for taking the time to read this and any help is appreciated.
I can't answer but I know you can just search the site for different wax,dab,oil,concentrate threads and get all the info there. It's a tad easier for you to even watch a YouTube video, more than one. If you see it it's easier to do. Anyhow hope ya get it done. Dab it

Jusdguy

Jusdguy

The wonderful internet is how I got to where I am today with it but, I still have some questions and lots of opinions out there but I am hoping to find answers .
Thanks agine for taking the time

Smerb

Smerb

The wonderful internet is how I got to where I am today with it but, I still have some questions and lots of opinions out there but I am hoping to find answers .
Thanks agine for taking the time
Ask them specific questions again... and your right you'll get opinions from left field. But watching someone do it makes 100x better.
Just my opinion. The concentrate game is heavy.
IMG 7456

Even the terps are being thrown out, hopefully these charts are on point. I didn't make them.

IMG 7457

Latest posts

Top Bottom