• Thread starter gateswood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redlife215

Gg4 dont shatter all tge atuff my guy did with the gg4 cane out sappy

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Actual shatter has literally boiled off most of the terpenes. In my experience terpy strains don't shatter very easily though, might need some extra purge time, 100 degrees vacuumed @ 29.5 isn't a bad starting point for shatter. But I'm all about terp preservation, if the terps are there, I wouldn't make shatter. Actual shatter is pretty terpless in comparison to turning the same material into a sugar wax or even snap n pull. Just need to educate the consumer, share them a little knowledge and allow them to understand.

Hayav2v
E

EArts

Gg4 dont shatter all tge atuff my guy did with the gg4 cane out sappy

Very true. I’ll use a 50/50 split if I need gg4 shatter specifically (technically it’s not just gg4 anymore) but you still get all the taste and terps. Straight real gg4 doesn’t shatter up, I had some test out at 88.5 thca and 95% overall cannabinoid profile. And straight sauce. You can get some nice crystalline chunks (I’ll post a pic). But the terpene profile doesn’t allow for shatter or double faceted thca crystals.

3F582027 3D8A 4DB1 B771 DF33D48C9401
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Look up gg4 shatter on google and look at what everyone else is able to do with it. Just extra purge time to boil off terps. That is literally all.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I thought this was the only concentrates sub forum.

I've read theory and hypotheses that initial boiling off of butane under high ambient humidity conditions as well as too much moisture left in the source material will cause failure to harden as well as darkening in color. I was simply hoping for some concurrence based on actual practical experience.

I can verify that appears to be a true statement. My first run turned out exactly like yours; however on my second run i started with material that had been prep'd, weighed and stored in a vacuum sealed bag along with a packet of 112g desicant packet (clay), for a week while i made the first run and dissected the results. I got MUCH better results on my second run. I cannot wait until i get to use my dewaxing column on the next run. Quality if not the yield should improve... I hope :-)

gateswood

gateswood

I can verify that appears to be a true statement. My first run turned out exactly like yours; however on my second run i started with material that had been prep'd, weighed and stored in a vacuum sealed bag along with a packet of 112g desicant packet (clay), for a week while i made the first run and dissected the results. I got MUCH better results on my second run. I cannot wait until i get to use my dewaxing column on the next run. Quality if not the yield should improve... I hope :)

Thanks for the confirmation. Also thank you for the mention of desiccants. I've been leaving chopped buds in 45%/95° open air to dry and the stuff really doesn't lose much moisture in a week. You reminded me I have a big bucket of calcium chloride so I'll try using that. I put a half-pound of it in a small tupperware and that inside a large tupperware with an oz that's been sitting out to dry for a week and hasn't even lost a half gram yet. Calcium chloride will pull the moisture out of a stone so maybe this bud will be very dry in a few more days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom