Shipping Container Grow

• Thread starter Gen3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gen3

Gen3

Starting to pick equipment and planning out a shipping container grow.
Start out with 1 of each container and then later on add more 20' containers, I believe 1 of each 10' should support a good amount of 20' containers. when adding more 20' containers stagger the harvests for a more frequent harvest. The end goal would be enough 20' containers to harvest every week, if possible.

20' containers:
1 for clones/mothers
1 for veg
1 for flower

10' containers
1 for trimming
1 for drying
1 for curing/storing

everything is going to be sanitary and ran like a lab. so masks/gloves/suits anytime when handling plants/flower or inside a container. the goal is to run as close to a perfect environment as possible. also I should probably give the disclaimer I get ocd about anything I design/build so it may be way overkill but that's how I like things. Im a fairly capable at designing/building things and I feel that I have done a lot of research and have a good understanding of how everything needs to work. so I think I can pull this off successfully no problem but I could be wrong it could be a sh!t idea and i could be a full on dumbass idk but ill find out. its still in the planning phase, and ill be posting all of the progress on here as I decide on equipment and work on the design. so far I have most of the equipment picked out but its all just preliminary and im open to changing some of it up, everything i picked out was just to get an idea of what it would take/cost. been working on the model as well so ill post pictures of that, ill list out some of the equipment specs im just not 100% on every little thing yet.

Gen3

Gen3

flower lights: sun system ac/de fusion 8 inch air cooled fixture (21"X11.5")
8 of them, running on 240v
veg lights: sun blaze t5 ho fluorescent fixture 4 ft 8 lamp (47"x22.5")
16 of them, running on 240v
fans cooling the flower lights: max fan 240v 10in, 1 per each row of 4 lights.
containers will also be cooled using a chiller, surna 2t chiller 27k btu with surna ice box radiators and 8 inch max fans 120v 667 cfm
dehumidifier: quest dual 225 240v with supply ducts
exhaust and intake fans: 10" ho can fan 120v 806 cfm
exhaust scrubber: can filters can 125 10" flange 1020cfm
intake filter: can filters 8" intake filter

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
containers will also be cooled using a chiller, surna 2t chiller 27k btu with surna ice box radiators and 8 inch max fans 120v 667 cfm
intake filter: can filters 8" intake filter
What about cooling? Besides the chiller?? Air flow?, I’m an hvac contractor so I was wondering if the chiller is enough air flow. Fans will move static load but you still need to introduce cooling load to maintain flow and laminar air flow.
Or is the container going to be “bunker “ buried design? I been kicking around the same idea for a while. Rented a refer for drying this cycle. Buying 4 , perfect ac / humidity control with that.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
intake filter: can filters 8" intake filter[/QUOT
It’s gonna be a bad ass setup

Gen3

Gen3

What about cooling? Besides the chiller?? Air flow?, I’m an hvac contractor so I was wondering if the chiller is enough air flow. Fans will move static load but you still need to introduce cooling load to maintain flow and laminar air flow.
Or is the container going to be “bunker “ buried design? I been kicking around the same idea for a while. Rented a refer for drying this cycle. Buying 4 , perfect ac / humidity control with that.

basically the chiller runs to radiators that have fans mounted on them. sealed room with co2 so temp goal is in the 80s. the 2 fans cooling the lights meet the recommended cfm so I think those will stay cool enough, the lights will also be ran at night and the intake will be filtered air from outside so thatll help temps. but the only thing I was planning on cooling the grow environment with was having those chilled radiators with high cfm fans on a temp switch. especially since its co2 so temps don't need to be super low. do you think I need more cooling?

Gen3

Gen3

my radiators wont be cooling the lights they'll be cooling the air inside the container

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

maybe this plus the video will show what im going for
i lived in a container over seas,i tell ya this much,if it is above ground you will need ac period,you can roast in them bitchs,i had a mini split full blast and it was still hotter than a friday night whore,if you go under ground would be best,the soil temps will keep the temp managable even blistering hot outside,you didnt mention what your idea for fresh incoming air was? the temp was adverage of 120 degrees during day and 100 at night in the container i called home,and the flat roof is the worst,sand buildup on the thing and i would wakeup to someone shoveling sand off my hoach,so keep that in mind,for water and heat,if the hoach would have had a pitched roof it might have been more comfortable,it was so damn hot in that bitch i moved back to a tent for rest of my contract

Dbear180

Dbear180

Make sure you wont be caught up for having too many containers. My old bitch neighbor called code enforcement because I had two 40 footers parallel to eachother with a small workshop between them. I busted my ass to get the containers in & set that spot up & a few years later I had to sell them because you can't have a container if you own less than (I think its 4 acres & i only had one acre) even in a rural area. I even showed the guy how I painted them to blend in with my back garage & I only used them to store my classic cars & that didn't mean shit when it all came down to it.

Gen3

Gen3

The containers will be inside an air conditioned warehouse. Everyone that keeps saying I will need ac, the chiller is my ac for the grow environment, i will add as many radiators as necessary to keep temps down. From research it seem chillers are more efficient than conventional ac. the lights will be ran at night and the intake for cooling them will come from outside and be filtered so that will help with temps. Its a sealed environment with co2 ~1500ppm so im looking for temps in the low 80's. I dont see why a sealed container inside an air conditioned building with get any hotter than a sealed room, please correct me if I'm wrong though. Also to say alittle late to the game is funny, I bet guys that were growing for 20+ years before you started thought you were late to the game. I dont understand what you're getting at there.

Gen3

Gen3

i lived in a container over seas,i tell ya this much,if it is above ground you will need ac period,you can roast in them bitchs,i had a mini split full blast and it was still hotter than a friday night whore,if you go under ground would be best,the soil temps will keep the temp managable even blistering hot outside,you didnt mention what your idea for fresh incoming air was? the temp was adverage of 120 degrees during day and 100 at night in the container i called home,and the flat roof is the worst,sand buildup on the thing and i would wakeup to someone shoveling sand off my hoach,so keep that in mind,for water and heat,if the hoach would have had a pitched roof it might have been more comfortable,it was so damn hot in that bitch i moved back to a tent for rest of my contract
Thanks for the advice

Gen3

Gen3

A little late to the game but right on. Good luck and happy Growing

Thanks! just don't see how im late to the game? Were you late to the game when you started growing because people had been doing it before you as well? I don't see what you're getting at lol

MissBotany

MissBotany

I’d kinda like to hear about that! You lived in a shipping container underground, overseas? Can I ask why? Just curious and sounds interesting.....

Gen3

Gen3

Make sure you wont be caught up for having too many containers. My old bitch neighbor called code enforcement because I had two 40 footers parallel to eachother with a small workshop between them. I busted my ass to get the containers in & set that spot up & a few years later I had to sell them because you can't have a container if you own less than (I think its 4 acres & i only had one acre) even in a rural area. I even showed the guy how I painted them to blend in with my back garage & I only used them to store my classic cars & that didn't mean shit when it all came down to it.

Good piece of advice thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom