Shooting Bananas 1-2 Weeks Before Harvest In Gh. What Would You Do?

• Thread starter SNAX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SNAX

SNAX

Hello! So I am doing a medical outdoor and light dep greenhouse grow here in Southern Oregon. Our issue is that we are 1-3 weeks out from harvest and about mainly 1 strain, maybe 2 are showing bananas about 3/4 of the way down our 20' x 80' tunnel style greenhouse. Its mainly all a certain pheno of Jager. There our 6 big beds and about 2.5 beds our showing these herm symptomns on the north side of the greenhouse. What would you suggest we do in this situation? Our outdoor plants are near this and also our neighboors outdoor garden are very close too. Do we cut early for damage control or is there another method that you suggest? Thank you so much in advance for any level of help you can provide.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Trying to play Mother Nature is always a problem especially Outdoors. I would get a microscope check my triclones and cut them as they are ready. If you cut them down too early there's a chance it won't be any good, hermaphrodite or not. you might as well let them finish flowering.

fatawa

fatawa

U got 2 options,get a couple friends with tweezers n pluck n hope u got them all.or id pull that shit,i got a big space too n that can ruin every strain even tho theres only the one now with it....id rip that shit n make edibles.

fatawa

fatawa

If u pluck u better get them all.its not medical grade if it has beans n it.....period

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

U got 2 options,get a couple friends with tweezers n pluck n hope u got them all.or id pull that shit,i got a big space too n that can ruin every strain even tho theres only the one now with it....id rip that shit n make edibles.
LOL we gave them two different suggestions now they don't know what to think. Honestly I have never had a Hermie will they really pollinate your other plants???

fatawa

fatawa

Ya..if the pollin sacs mature n burst.doesnt take much to fuck off a whole corner of a op this size.i rock a 24'×48' n i wud never take that risk.i wud rip,b safe,and do it on yur terms.rather then wait n c what happens..big ops r differnt beasts..just like if u had spider mites on 2 plants n own 300.wat wud u do?lol.just my opinion but this is how i feed my family.i wudnt roll the dice like that

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Ya..if the pollin sacs mature n burst.doesnt take much to fuck off a whole corner of a op this size.i rock a 24'×48' n i wud never take that risk.i wud rip,b safe,and do it on yur terms.rather then wait n c what happens..big ops r differnt beasts..just like if u had spider mites on 2 plants n own 300.wat wud u do?lol.just my opinion but this is how i feed my family.i wudnt roll the dice like that
Wow I guess I never really believed in that because I have never seen one. What causes that? Do you think it's because of the light deprivation and outdoor temperatures or something?

fatawa

fatawa

Wow I guess I never really believed in that because I have never seen one. What causes that? Do you think it's because of the light deprivation and outdoor temperatures or something?
light leaks is easy culprit but who knows...its hard to kno what any op does n his garden.i can only speak for my garden u kno.but stress n general causes hermies.pushing a strain past its threshold.some strains r more stable then others.

fatawa

fatawa

Im really speaking my opinion mostly on the big op standpoint...y wud u take a risk?id rather rip out 10plants w/2zips ea on them nstead of do nothing...specialy wen u got a few hundred.10 isnt so much anymore....

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Chop
chop
chop

Guaranteed you'll never find every last nanner. And when one is missed and the pollen is viable, it will be-bish every plant the pollen gets on. Also, once it gets pollinated, it will cease bud growth and go into seed making mode. I was a former nanner hunting expert for about 5 runs. I have zero tolerance for a strain that throws nanners. In the bin it goes.

Top Bottom