Should I Transplant Or Leave It?

• Thread starter Nitrileglove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nitrileglove

First grow here.

I was worried about over potting so I thought it would be a good idea to fill a 5 gallon pot with only 5-6" of soil to transplant my seedlings from a solo cup.

The plants are doing very well right now but I feel like they need that extra space to grow their roots down. With the very shallow and wide growing area the roots havent filled the root zone.

So should I attempted to transplant into a full 5 gallon supporting the roots as much as I can or just chalk it up and flip to flower now.

White widow
FFOF
30 days from germination

Irietime

Irietime

I would transplant it again into the full 5gal, give it some time to get over the shock, maybe a week or more let her fill out a bit more then flip. Just my 2 cents. Peace

MW7945

MW7945

I'd attempt to transplant... would recommend getting a 2 gallon pot or something for the "mid size" container next time.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

What plant r u growing? Auto or photoperid? How big is it supposed to get, what r u useing for medium, if u r growing an auto flower, No there root systems r very delicate, I germanate my seed (I only do autos now but have many years growing photoperid ) and put it directly into the pot she will grow in, if u r growing a photoperid plant I see no reason u can't tranplant, make shure ur medium is fairly dry so ur plant will slide easyle out of the pot, use a 3 gal pot, 2 gal r for dwarfs, put growstones or clay pellets on bottom of pot 4 drainage very important mix ur pearlite and medium get plant out of pot, don't mess with the root system, try to place Un potted plant in center of 3 gal pot gently place new medium around plant till it's full, water and flush, do not add food ur plant will b quite stressed, she should liven up in a day or 3, unless u r growing dwarf s, at least use a 3 gal pot, I use a 3.9 gal or 4, I hope this helps. SNOLEPERD

Latest posts

Top Bottom