Should I Transplant?week 3 Day 1 Flowering

• Thread starter GeneralGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GeneralGrow

GeneralGrow

Hey guys, it's my first grow and i have 3 plants in 3gal pots, i'm growing in soil.
I have transplanted 2 times during veg and now i'm week 2 day 7 flowering, budlets already starting to form each day.
Problem is when i pick up the pots to collect runoff water, I see roots coming out of the pots.
Should i transplant now into 5 gal pots or it isn't worth it?
Thanks in advance! :)

GeneralGrow

GeneralGrow

That's what i have been reading too, also i think plants stretched enough during these 2 weeks, just wanted to make sure from someone with obviously bigger experience than me.
Thank you very much for the quick answer.

R

Roscoe14

That' s the beauty of smart pots. You.can air trim your feeder roots with no harm to the plant. Never transplant during flowering unless it' a emergency. I'e been using smart pots for years and their awesome. I bury my smart pots outdoors for my outdoors crop. Put as much wualit8 soil around them when you do. Your feeder roots will grow through seeking water
Your bigger roots will concentrate on your upper growth and flowering. I'e been growing outdoors 30 plus years and 2 year' indoors. Smart pots have made it easier to keep your plants from getting root rot or root bound as easy. Simply cut the roots that are growing through the pot and you'll be fine. Peace ,Roscoe

GeneralGrow

GeneralGrow

Thanks man i'll do that as soon as i get home.
I did buy 3*5gal smart pots when i got my equipment but was afraid to use them because i was afraid what could happen if i overwatered...
My guess is that I should transplanted to these instead of the 3 gal ones but when i'm afraid of myself messing it up i do dumb sh*t.

R

Roscoe14

I did buy 3*5gal smart pots when i got my equipment but was afraid to use them because i was afraid what could happen if i overwatered...
My guess is that I should transplanted to these instead of the 3 gal ones but when i'm afraid of myself messing it up i do dumb sh*t.
You.van always put your 3 gallon into your 5 gallon pot. Use good import soil and make sure not to use a soil with added nutrs. You don't want any nitrogen in your flowering stage
You an give it it's feedings the same ad always. I've done this a couple times with good results. No transplant shock to your plant either. Peace, Roscoe

GeneralGrow

GeneralGrow

You.van always put your 3 gallon into your 5 gallon pot. Use good import soil and make sure not to use a soil with added nutrs. You don't want any nitrogen in your flowering stage
You an give it it's feedings the same ad always. I've done this a couple times with good results. No transplant shock to your plant either. Peace, Roscoe
Should i cut the base of the 3 gal one?Or is it possible that i damage the root system that way (considering that i'm a newbie too)?
Thanks for your time Roscoe :)

R

Roscoe14

No, simply put your 3 gallon in your
5 gallon and fill the 5 gallon pot with potting soil. The feeder roots will grow right through the 3 gallon and not miss a beat. They won't even know. If you would have transplanted in this stage you risk stressing it out and turning it herm not to mention the recovery time from the shock of transplanting. Let me know how it works. I've done it several times and they thrived. Peace,Roscoe

GeneralGrow

GeneralGrow

Gonna get some soil, do that and update here.
Thanks for the tip i do really appreciate it.

Top Bottom