Should I Water More Heavy Now?

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I’m on day 14 and I have been just using a spray bottle to water my indoor autos. They look good and aren’t drooping. When should I start adding a gallon of water to each of these plants or even a half gallon? Thanks

Toaster79

Toaster79

What size pots are they in? How big are they? Got a pic? You water when pots are light and almost dry but watch to not overwater. You want to keep them through wet/dry cycle to promote root growth. Too much water will rob those roots of fresh oxygen.

GeneralGrow

GeneralGrow

When they were that little i gave mine just a little water every now and then.
I'd say give them just a little bit till they have 3-4 nodes but i'm a first time grower.

GeneralGrow

GeneralGrow

With a sprayer or actually giving some water?
Give it some water but i think half gal is too much for their size.I sprayed mine only when they were in the rapid rooters.
As Toaster said you want the top of the soil to be dry before you water again.I put my finger in the soil and when its dry just underneath the top i water them.

Kepster

Kepster

I don’t think I’ve ever used a sprayer on a plant in medium unless I was foilar feeding or keeping the humidity levels higher in my clone dome especially if I’m using coco as my medium. Coco can stay wet and still provide plenty of oxygen to your rizosphere. I would go ahead and water til you get 20% runoff even if you aren’t in coco and just water when the top layer starts to dry out.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I’m using fox farms ocean soil.. no perlite or any drainage supplement added. Right now they are dry on top, so should I just have the 5 plants share a gallon of water? I just don’t wanna overwater them and ruin the plants. Also how do you water without it leaking all over the grow tent. When I first saturated the soil before planting water got all over the floor even with large plates underneath. Should I just take them and do it outside? Thanks

gwheels

gwheels

Spray around them until they are wet. When they hit the next node or so give them a bit more. I usually use a 3 gallon for autos but 5s will take a bit longer to form root. When that tap root hits the bottom it will start growing. I have 2 on the deck. They looked like that for about 2 weeks and then KERBOING.

The top ones are 2 autos in 3 gallon hard pots. The others are photos in 25 gallon pots.

20180607 101828
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Spray around them until they are wet. When they hit the next node or so give them a bit more. I usually use a 3 gallon for autos but 5s will take a bit longer to form root. When that tap root hits the bottom it will start growing. I have 2 on the deck. They looked like that for about 2 weeks and then KERBOING.

The top ones are 2 autos in 3 gallon hard pots. The others are photos in 25 gallon pots.
Nice those look great. Guess I’ll stick to the sprayer for now.

gwheels

gwheels

When they hit the next node or so start using a water bottle to water. Maybe a half liter (2 cups) per plant. And then they will start to drink. I like having a saucer so i can fill them up when they are thirsty and the saucer keeps them in water. We had rain for 2 days so i dont have to water for about 3 or 4 days now.

Ocean forest mixed with happy frog and perlite makes it have the nutes needed for a while still :D

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i hate to be the one to tell you this,but with them bags,your always gonna have water on the floor,i dont like them ,used them and now they gone,take a cup of water and go around the plant about 2 inches away and go around the plant,they dont use much at that stage,2in away make the roots find it,dont saturate your plants till they need it,and looking at them that gonna be a while,if you dig,the roots havent even hit bottom of pot yet ,loose soil is good soil ,so be patient and roll slow ,they tell you when it time,and when it gets to that point of droop,then you know how often you need to feed,example let them go till you just start to droop,barely,feed it,how ever many days it took subtrate one day,if you get it,i grow in 1 gal pots all the way,every 3 days i feed 2 cups

MissBotany

MissBotany

When mine were that little (photoperiod, not auto) and in big pots like that, I would water just enough to wet the roots. Roots are typically the size of your plant. So however big your plant is, your roots are usually the same size.

Top Bottom