Show Me Your Cheap Led Grows?

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Those Higrows from Amazon are pretty good.I have used those. It was a lot like a T5 and then switch on Bloom adding 3500k bulbs they're still pretty heavy in the blue though.

MW7945

MW7945

A 300w hydro isn't going to do more than veg in a 4x4 tent. You'd be better off not even using it after a while and getting a much much bigger light.

What are you talking in terms of budget?

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

A 300w hydro isn't going to do more than veg in a 4x4 tent. You'd be better off not even using it after a while and getting a much much bigger light.

What are you talking in terms of budget?
Id say any over around 2-300 bucks would be my tipping point as ive already poured a lot into this.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

This one looks nice. Would one alone be good for a 4x4?
It's all about even light coverage. You might be better off to use your light in the middle and a 300 on each side. Instead of one light on each side. I don't know that you could get a 600 on each side in there.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

It's all about even light coverage. You might be better off to use your light in the middle and a 300 on each side. Instead of one light on each side. I don't know that you could get a 600 on each side in there.
Im just not 100% sure one what way to go with the lighting. Should i get a big 1200w? Or 2 600 watts? I have plenty of time to decide as they're only a month old so the 300w is doing its job at the moment.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Im just not 100% sure one what way to go with the lighting. Should i get a big 1200w? Or 2 600 watts? I have plenty of time to decide as they're only a month old so the 300w is doing its job at the moment.
It all depends every situation is different. On one hand it is nice to have smaller lights because if you are going to have other grows you can utilize them. But then it's kind of shity to have a whole bunch of tiny little lights in one room. So if you had a place to use those lights later like if you're going to upgrade with some other veg tents. Then you could get those now because they're cheap and get your big light on your next grow.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

If you were to run three of the 300 you would be pushing about 23 watts per square foot and that's pretty weak. If you were to put two 600s in there with the light you have then you will be pushing almost 40 watts per square foot and that's decent. Plus those 600s would still make great veg lights for later.

Last edited:
MW7945

MW7945

Tbh, I don't think a 250W actual draw light is big enough for a 4x4 tent. Or at least if you want the most out of it

For the price range, and a light that would do decent in that sized of a tent, I'd personally go with a Vipar or Meizhi in the 900-1200w range. This will be around the $300 range.

That being said, you won't get the PAR out of those as you will better lights.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Tbh, I don't think a 250W actual draw light is big enough for a 4x4 tent. Or at least if you want the most out of it

For the price range, and a light that would do decent in that sized of a tent, I'd personally go with a Vipar or Meizhi in the 900-1200w range. This will be around the $300 range.
2 of the 450 Meizhi would do good.. It would only be 205.00 for the pair.

Top Bottom