Dead/crispy Leaves On Sick Plant In Slow Release Nutient Soil

• Thread starter Eddie420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eddie420

Eddie420

Hi everyone,

Have a sick little plant, hoping for some advice from the pro’s...

Indoors (tent), soil, Sol-Sense 315W CMH. Environment is good (temp, humidity, air flow etc)

I have two plants for my first ScrOG attempt, and this is my second indoor grow. One of the plants is very healthy, the other very sick. I am not feeding anything other than PH’d water & Molasses. There are some slow release nutrients in the soil. PH’d water at around 6.5. EC runoff is around 3.5 - pictures below. The leaves of the sick plant are dry, crispy, dead, discolored, and the new growth is very light green.

I’m almost at the point of abandoning the sick plant, re-potting the healthy one and vegging her longer to fill the ScrOG net.

Deadcrispy leaves on sick plant in slow release nutient soil
Deadcrispy leaves on sick plant in slow release nutient soil 2
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi everyone,

Indoors (tent), soil, Sol-Sense 315W CMH. Environment is good (temp, humidity, air flow etc)

I have two plants for my first ScrOG attempt, and this is my second indoor grow. One of the plants is very healthy, the other very sick. I am not feeding anything other than PH’d water & Molasses. There are some slow release nutrients in the soil. PH’d water at around 6.5. EC runoff is around 3.5 - pictures below. The leaves of the sick plant are dry, crispy, dead, discolored, and the new growth is very light green.

I’m almost at the point of abandoning the sick plant, re-potting the healthy one and vegging her longer to fill the ScrOG net.
Your ph might be a little low

Capture 2018 04 23 17 47 19
Dan789

Dan789

Hi everyone,

Curious if your ph’ing your feed after adding the molasses, if so ph after adding that as it drop ph quite a bit.

Eddie420

Eddie420

Curious if your ph’ing your feed after adding the molasses, if so ph after adding that as it drop ph quite a bit.
PH’ing after adding Molasses...

Might try raising PH a little to 6.8

S

stemznseedz

I'd start by flushing the plant until the ph coming out is the same as the ph going in.

Dan789

Dan789

Hi everyone,

Hate to say this, but the extent of the “burnt leaves” may kill the plant in any case. A few leaves is one thing but I see the whole plant involved under the upper most parts of the plant.
Have you checked the calibration of your ph meter? Try some of the paper ph strips for a quick double-checking method.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hate to say this, but the extent of the “burnt leaves” may kill the plant in any case. A few leaves is one thing but I see the whole plant involved under the upper most parts of the plant.
Have you checked the calibration of your ph meter? Try some of the paper ph strips for a quick double-checking method.
All is well, never give up! You can save this plant. It’s very simple, get to no her. Change up your schedule, peel off all the bad leaves and try something different for her.

Eddie420

Eddie420

Thanks for the replies & suggestions everyone...

I’ll give her a few more weeks, keep flushing, see where she goes.

I did calibrate my Pen when things first started going awry, pretty sure the Pen is good. Bluelabs Pen Calibrated with the proper Bluelabs solution.

The strange thing in all of this is that I have treated both plants the same, and they are the same strain seed too.

Will update things soon...

Dan789

Dan789

Thanks for the replies & suggestions everyone...

I’ll give her a few more weeks, keep flushing, see where she goes.

I did calibrate my Pen when things first started going awry, pretty sure the Pen is good. Bluelabs Pen Calibrated with the proper Bluelabs solution.

The strange thing in all of this is that I have treated both plants the same, and they are the same strain seed too.

Will update things soon...
Good luck.

Enforcer

Enforcer

They look good. As far as the burnt plant, IMO runoff EC of 3.5 is pretty high. Lots of salts in that medium. That may have been the cause of the burn.

Top Bottom