Simple Bho ?

• Thread starter Butcher1864
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Butcher1864

I Would recommend 2 Unbleached coffee filters with a stainless steel mesh screen to keep the filters from blowing out.
Thank you very much. Coffee filters just let more trichs through? Ive been using nylon but im really tryin to step my game up

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

When blasting butane, or any solvent (ethanol, iso, etc), those all melt the trichome to a liquid form. So they can't get "filtered " technically. Your filtering out the solids, plant matter, waxes, etc.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Please at least Google making bho, and read read read read read and read some more. And please for the safety of others, use caution or don't even blast in residential areas, or god forbid, NEVER INDOORS OR NEAR ELECTRICAL DEVICES! This includes cell phones and the like.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Exactly what I said. filtering out contaminants.

When blasting butane, or any solvent (ethanol, iso, etc), those all melt the trichome to a liquid form. So they can't get "filtered " technically. Your filtering out the solids, plant matter, waxes, etc.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Correct. any spark even static electricity can set it off into a 5000 degree inferno.

Please at least Google making bho, and read read read read read and read some more. And please for the safety of others, use caution or don't even blast in residential areas, or god forbid, NEVER INDOORS OR NEAR ELECTRICAL DEVICES! This includes cell phones and the like.

B

Butcher1864

I blasted probably about 3/4 of a zip of trim and came out with 1.5 grams of wax. Used nylon for a filter n unfortunaty my tube is pvc
Havent been able to find stainless tube. Str8 poor man budget. But i do blast outdoors. Never inside! Gotta be pretty stupid to do it with no ventilation. And ofcourse iam extra careful

B

Butcher1864

Im on it sir. Its a very simple thing to do. Its not like cookin crank. You just need to use good precaution. Ive nevsr gotten laxed about the safety

brazel

brazel

I don't make that much bho anymore, so now I just use a stainless steel writing pen with the guts removed.
Probably fits a gram!!!!! Ha I just blast a small dab! No vac no whipping just smear on joint.
I probably get a circle the size of a pencil eraser

Baller over here

When I did bigger batches I'd use chemex filters

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

agree 100%. also don't use a plastic soda bottle as I saw on a You Tube video.

the tube should be made of ONLY glass or stainless steel.

DO NOT USE PVC!!!!

The butane WILL leach bad chems and will.mix with the end result. So tour smoking bho AND pvc chemicals

TheRemer

TheRemer

I freeze it. Then I blast into a jar and let it sit in the freezer again and then filter. I'm just trying To dilute all the trics. Does it matter.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

PVC is the Absolute worse.

any #1 plastic bottle that had coke or Dr. Pepper in it would be 10 times better than PVC.

Bottles with Coke, Dr. Pepper, or Gatorade are made from #1 plastic. one of the best forms of plastic available, but not good enough for blasting

True that. All plastics are not created equal and PVC is unsuitable.

Here is a link to Cole Palmers chemical compatibility information:https://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Letting is sit in freezer the lipids and solids will collect on the walls and bottom of the jar giving a smoother vape.

instead of the freezer how about a Styrofoam cooler packed with dry ice and let it sit over night before purging.

Again DON'T DO IT INDOORS

I freeze it. Then I blast into a jar and let it sit in the freezer again and then filter. I'm just trying To dilute all the trics. Does it matter.

Top Bottom