Simple Bho ?

• Thread starter Butcher1864
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Letting is sit in freezer the lipids and solids will collect on the walls and bottom of the jar giving a smoother vape.

instead of the freezer how about a Styrofoam cooler packed with dry ice and let it sit over night before purging.

Again DON'T DO IT INDOORS
Does it not absorb chlorophyll when it sits in the solvent?

brazel

brazel

I freeze it. Then I blast into a jar and let it sit in the freezer again and then filter. I'm just trying To dilute all the trics. Does it matter.
Imo... I'd skip the letting it sit part and blast once, then a second in a separate Pyrex dish, and you're done. The freezing cold temp makes trich brittle and break off right as the solvent strips it away.
Typically alcohol is the solvent you'd use when you're letting it sit.

B

Butcher1864

True that. All plastics are not created equal and PVC is unsuitable.

Here is a link to Cole Palmers chemical compatibility information:https://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance
Ok thank u. So i go to web site and it says its fair for short yime use. But what gets me is every one is sayin to absolutely not use pvc, ( which i completely understand) but no one can explain what the shit does to ur health. They just say it no bueno. It cant be worse than using speed.

B

Butcher1864

agree 100%. also don't use a plastic soda bottle as I saw on a You Tube video.

the tube should be made of ONLY glass or stainless steel.
Yah i wont be using a soda bottle. I have a new piece of pvc that i used one once. So depending on what my tube is made of, will it effect the weight outcome of the hash? Im waiting on a stainless tuber rite now. I dont know. The trim that i used wasnt too great but it is decent enough where i can blast some cool wax. I used like 3/4 of a zip n got 1.5 grams of wax from it. Not too bad of a color

B

Butcher1864

Imo... I'd skip the letting it sit part and blast once, then a second in a separate Pyrex dish, and you're done. The freezing cold temp makes trich brittle and break off right as the solvent strips it away.
Makes sense right. I had a buddy use to do it with that denatured alcohol.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Take caution putting any butane in the freezer, the Styrofoam cooler is a much better idea. Refrigerator compressors create sparks + freezer fan brings it down to the compressor = fridge bomb. Butane is heavier than air.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

the filters are there to filter out the bad things in the plant.

I have never blasted and never intend to. but I have made most of my extracts.

primarily

bubble hash
dry sift
Rosin
and QWISO on dry smoke to use. that was before finding dry sifting and Rosin pressing.

We used double coffee filters and protected them from blowout with stainless mesh or a piece of 200 thread bed cotton/polyester sheet.

The commercial coffee filters that we use are about 15 to 25 micron.

When blasting butane, or any solvent (ethanol, iso, etc), those all melt the trichome to a liquid form. So they can't get "filtered " technically. Your filtering out the solids, plant matter, waxes, etc.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Does it not absorb chlorophyll when it sits in the solvent?

alcohol and other polar solvents will leech out chlorophyll.

but butane doesn't leech much or any chlorophyll.

I wasn't talking about soaking herb in butane.

I was talking about blasting BHO into a canning jar teen placing the jar where it very cold to winterize the BHO. Allowing the lipids, solids, and small contaminants to stick to tge bottom and walls of the jar.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

you and I are talking about different things. I was talking of blasting into a canning jar then put the jar of liquid in freezer or cooler withh ice.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

a lot worse. the crap in most plastics attack your immune system, it is carcinogenic (cancer causing.

I would rather you use the plastic soda bottle than PVC.

PVC is the garbage pit of plastics.

everything I use of plastics is either #1 or #2 plastic.

Those are the absolutely at the top of the hill. the others get worse from there till PVC is the absolute worst.

Ok thank u. So i go to web site and it says its fair for short yime use. But what gets me is every one is sayin to absolutely not use pvc, ( which i completely understand) but no one can explain what the shit does to ur health. They just say it no bueno. It cant be worse than using speed.
[/SIZE]

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

DENT extract cannabinoids with
Methanol or denatured alcohol!

denatured alcohol is grain alcohol that has been poisoned usually methanol, Namptha, Methyl Hydrate, etc.

Methanol primarily attacks the eyes and nervous system.

Makes sense right. I had a buddy use to do it with that denatured alcohol.
[/SIZE]

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I agree 100%. I ended the message DONT DO THIS INDOORS!

Using ice or dry ice in a cooler outdoors is tge very best choice.

Take caution putting any butane in the freezer, the Styrofoam cooler is a much better idea. Refrigerator compressors create sparks + freezer fan brings it down to the compressor = fridge bomb. Butane is heavier than air.

B

Butcher1864

When blasting butane, or any solvent (ethanol, iso, etc), those all melt the trichome to a liquid form. So they can't get "filtered " technically. Your filtering out the solids, plant matter, waxes, etc.
Ofcourse. I understand that. Common sense rite?

B

Butcher1864

Yes
Please so some some searching your own. I don't have a lot of time to do ppls homework. Im mearly informing you the dangers of using pvc and butane.
Know i understand thjs and no distespect and excuse. Never meant for it to be taken in that regaurd. Theoretically speaking. I was just making a point sir. Have a good day. Thank u for everything. butcher

B

Butcher1864

DENT extract cannabinoids with
Methanol or denatured alcohol!

denatured alcohol is grain alcohol that has been poisoned usually methanol, Namptha, Methyl Hydrate, etc.

Methanol primarily attacks the eyes and nervous system.

[/SIZE]
Yah there was one batch that he made from that alcohol that was club.quality hash. But other than that the rest of the stuff was garbage. Im not touchin that or using the pvc. Ill just kick back n have some paitence.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

good idea. glad to hear it. things can be replaced. your life and health cannot.

Yah there was one batch that he made from that alcohol that was club.quality hash. But other than that the rest of the stuff was garbage. Im not touchin that or using the pvc. Ill just kick back n have some paitence.

Top Bottom