Simple Magnifying Glass Method For Viewing Trichomes

• Thread starter Perception
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perception

Perception

Over the last 2.5 years, I’ve spent countless hours with my face up in colas, using a jewelers loupe to inspect trichomes and determine ripeness. Gets tiring, especially if you are crawling around in a tent.

I just discovered that I can hold my 10x jewelers loupe (this is probably a $10 loupe off of Amazon. Nothing fancy.) directly against the camera on my iPhone and it creates a near perfect image! Not quite as good as doing it with your eyeball and loupe, but will work for quick inspections or if you can’t bend over easily or reach certain buds. It’s just SO much easier to use the phone.

I’m sure others have discovered this, but for those who haven’t tried, give it a whirl! Made my morning.

B957E328 5D9B 4C51 BE1F 0F6E677DE36D
4DCA871C 7FE6 4D6E 9AA2 C9D5057E4FA5
62F237AB 4B53 4FF0 847D 7BC2FB5403A7
Perception

Perception

I never knew. after looking at this I checked it out It’s pretty good. Not as good as my microscope thing but good enough to tell All my trichs are solid white right now About where I want em.

Yeah, I just played with the iphone magnifier, and it's definitely not as good as holding my loupe up to my camera. The iphone magnifier is just a digital zoom, whereas holding your loupe up to the camera creates and optical zoom and much better clarity.

Here is a picture of the iPhone magnifier (digital zoom):

IMG 7360
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Kudos for the tip. I didn’t know it was available until you said so. It’s in the (Settings > General > Accessibility > Magnifier > On).

Took me a minute to find it :-)

Top Bottom