Simplest Way To Make Oil

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

so, a friend of a friend of mine is currently undergoing intense Chemo and would like to try cannabis oil to see if it will work for him. I have given him edibles from butter which helped him sleep and eased the pain and discomfort. I also gave his wife a couple sticks of butter so she could make more edibles. I would like to continue to help out by making an oil, Rick Simpson style, but I don't have the facilities.

does anyone have any suggestions? he can't smoke anything and he's tried tinctures but he couldn't stand the taste (maybe it was done wrong, I didn't do it).

any help would be appreciated,
thanks

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

so, a friend of a friend of mine is currently undergoing intense Chemo and would like to try cannabis oil to see if it will work for him. I have given him edibles from butter which helped him sleep and eased the pain and discomfort. I also gave his wife a couple sticks of butter so she could make more edibles. I would like to continue to help out by making an oil, Rick Simpson style, but I don't have the facilities.

does anyone have any suggestions? he can't smoke anything and he's tried tinctures but he couldn't stand the taste (maybe it was done wrong, I didn't do it).

any help would be appreciated,
thanks
You do not have to taste the stuff really. First, if the intent is to judge effectiveness for your friend, then boil out the cannabinoids in coconut oil. Butter works too. It must be a saturated fat. You MUST cook the plant material in it at least one hour to ensure a complete decarboxylation. This means that the raw plant cannabinoid changes from delta 8 THC into delta 9 THC like a fizzy cola goes flat. Our bodies have no real use for delta 8 mostly however delta 9 is the cannabinoid sought out for medicinal purposes. You can only achieve this as a practical matter by cooking the plant.

Do not be worried about degrading or evaporating the medicine away. You cannot get a pot on your stove hot enough to boil delta 9 thc without making the cooking oil catch fire too and it would begin smoking horribly before that. Generally keep the temp below the smoke point of the oils in cannabis (around 370F most extracts, even clean ones, begin to smoke. This is referred to as the "smoke point" of an oil). I prefer a setting of medium on my stove top which boils water easily and this will help cook out off flavors.

Then strain out all the plant yuck and you are left with buttery green yuck. Now envision liver as served up by cruel and inhumane step mothers with onions and dill on top to an innocent child who absolutely despises liver, but is promised that cake is only optional after you eat the liver....

I used to smother liver in a half inch of ketchup so it would not touch my tongue before it hit the back of my throat. The thought still gags me, but the point is you need to bury the green goo inside something because it is god aweful nasty. I used to make oatmeal and cool it enough that I could hide my RSO inside a sweetened oatmeal ball. No need to chew. Yum. Keep a citrus drink or nice tea handy to wash it down.

Dosing is very difficult to gauge when consuming, but if inhalation of either vapor or smoke is not an option then extracting with a saturated fat like coconut oil or real butter (not margarine or Crisco) works well. Brownies of course are an option but it takes real talent to cook them without the nasty green yuck taste. It can be done for sure but it takes experience.

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

Make some butter then make zelda's brownie recipe.Its in the cooking forum,uses 1lb of butter,I've got one in the oven baking right now.:love1:

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

so his wife made brownies out of the butter I gave her. He had one small brownie about an hour before his first chemo appointment... he said he was sooooo high during his appointment that he doesn't remember a whole lot and he slept for 14 hours afterwards... I told the wife to go a tad bit easier next time.

on another note: I used the same butter to make brownies and cookies for us. My wife and daughter had a very small piece of a brownie and was OUT-FOR-THE-COUNT... I also had one cookie and was firmly planted in my seat, lol .... The butter is strong with this Canni Master };-)

jipp

jipp

Generally keep the temp below the smoke point of the oils in cannabis (around 370F most extracts, even clean ones, begin to smoke. This is referred to as the "smoke point" of an oil). I prefer a setting of medium on my stove top which boils water easily and this will help cook out off flavors.
you mean the flash point of the oil correct? that is what its called when you are using a oil to quench your steel. like when you forge a custom knife for example. maybe in the kitchen its different.

hope you are having a great day.. not trying to be a smart ass. i just want to learn.

bowl up.
christine.

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

never mind, im a dumb ass. yeah, the smoke point.. i never learn about that when i learned how to forge knives but like with any hobby. you never stop learning if you are a healthy human. i would of learn about it i guess sooner or later id hope.. but who knows. or maybe i forgot.. i dunno.

have a nice day.

jaybodankly

jaybodankly

Crock pot is the easy answer to cooking cannabis and coconut oil. Add your weed, oil and water. Put the top on and let it cook over-nite. Strain, pour into a dish and freeze. I like a tall narrow glass container. You can also see where the impurities start and end. Generally clean off the top and bottom gunk and you are left with a pure butter.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

for myself, I usually just make butter. I throw water, 5 sticks of unsalted butter, and an ounce of trim and simmer in a crock pot over night on low. I then pour it in a bowl through a fine mesh strainer, let it cool down, and throw it into the refrigerator. The next day, I remove the hardened butter, clean out the gross water, add new water and remelt the butter. I then strain it through a fine mesh strainer with multiple layers of cheese cloth to filter out the rest of the plant matter, and throw it back into the refrigerator. The next day, I remove the green butter, melt it in a stainless pouring bowl and pour the butter into 1 Tablespoon silicon molds and place back in the refrigerator. once hardened, I pop out the 1 tablespoon serving and place them all in a ziploc freezer bag and in the freezer they go until I'm ready to use them.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have butter molds and love them.
@h4ppyf4rmer
Where did you get the tablespoon molds from? Put that right on my steak!

Top Bottom