• Tagged users None
D

dabarino

Siphoning issue with floraflex
Siphoning issue with floraflex
Siphoning issue with floraflex 2
Siphoning issue with floraflex 3
Siphoning issue with floraflex 4
I just installed a new flora flex octo-bubbler for 4 plants I hard piped it from a Rez into my tent and used there air bleed valve after the bubbler. Whenever I turn my pump off things keep siphoning not sure what else to do. I thought maybe my bubbler had to be lower then the hoses so I moved it down seemed to help but not completely.. there are 2 plants that are still slightly lower I removed the rings just to be safe but they were all leaking.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
What stones said. Your rez is higher then your plants. Gravity.

D

dabarino

Put a small hole in the feed line inside the reservoir above the water line to break the psiphon. It will shoot a small amount inside your res but should solve your problem.
Thanks for the solution!.... lol do you work for floraflex because that’s the same thing they told me to do like word for word haha

D

dabarino

What stones said. Your rez is higher then your plants. Gravity.
I figured having that 3 foot vertical piece attached to the pump and going to the top of the Rez and over would eliminate that

D

dabarino

Put a small hole in the feed line inside the reservoir above the water line to break the psiphon. It will shoot a small amount inside your res but should solve your problem.
I don’t mind spending a couple bucks is there something I can use that doesn’t result in having that hole there spraying while my pump is on

stonestacker

stonestacker

No I don't work for them...
Not that I know of. That's the way I've been doing it for years. Just keep the lid on.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I don’t mind spending a couple bucks is there something I can use that doesn’t result in having that hole there spraying while my pump is on

You can get siphon breaks that are a couple of bucks from the big box stores in the irrigation section. If they don't have it any irrigation supply house will have them.

D

dabarino

9C4D3267 58AD 41B7 84C9 E60A598BDA81
Here’s my solution it’s sprays but doesn’t make a mess even with the lid off

Top Bottom