Sixstrings Led Cob Builds

• Thread starter sixstring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks six
Is the dimmer below suitable for running 2 qb 288 with a 240h-2100b ?
I loove rapid leds cased dimmers but trying to source locally
Features: 3-pin potentiometer with washer and nut Shaft Length: 15mm Resistance: 100K Ohm B Type Taper - linear Maximum Power: 1/2W Shaft Diameter: Approx. 5mm/ 0.20" Base Diameter: Approx. 15mm/ 0.59"
And as for the wires to connect to wagos is 300vac what i need
Cheers
Why not go with the 240h-2100c, it has a dimmer port built into it that you turn it up or down with a screwdriver.

sixstring

sixstring

Why not go with the 240h-2100c, it has a dimmer port built into it that you turn it up or down with a screwdriver.
Although that is an option,I don't really like how shitty that lil dim screw is being plastic.you want to be careful using the right size driver for that and don't go off on it like a big hairy oh never mind just be careful lol.
If you plan to do alot of dimming when you work in there and whatnot get the B version and a wired pit from rapidled.

sixstring

sixstring

Got a bad case of plumbers butt,check it :)
IMG 20180206 163338137
IMG 20180206 163230597
IMG 20180206 181808282
IMG 20180206 181012966
IMG 20180206 180957682
IMG 20180206 163221273
IMG 20180206 181745118

Edit....OMG my floors are getting fucked up,mama needs to get a mop on that shit asap :cool:

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Although that is an option,I don't really like how shitty that lil dim screw is being plastic.you want to be careful using the right size driver for that and don't go off on it like a big hairy oh never mind just be careful lol.
If you plan to do alot of dimming when you work in there and whatnot get the B version and a wired pit from rapidled.
Good to know!!

sixstring

sixstring

Yes just make sure to check them with a ohm meter to make sure they are actually doing 100k ohm.i have bought the cheap shit feom Amazon similar price and they are all over the place,some are as low as 88k some close like 97k but not one was dead on 100k and that will effect your total power output on full power.its not much but it's there.plus I have had 2 of the cheap ones shit out on me,the lights started random flicker that was hard to detect at first, thought I was going insane lol.but after I started watching it for a few weeks it got so bad it was obvious.took the cheap pot off and no more flicker. why I recommend the 6 dollar pot from rapidled :)
Or better yet go wifi control from plc.

C

cobpanda

Yes just make sure to check them with a ohm meter to make sure they are actually doing 100k ohm.i have bought the cheap shit feom Amazon similar price and they are all over the place,some are as low as 88k some close like 97k but not one was dead on 100k and that will effect your total power output on full power.its not much but it's there.plus I have had 2 of the cheap ones shit out on me,the lights started random flicker that was hard to detect at first, thought I was going insane lol.but after I started watching it for a few weeks it got so bad it was obvious.took the cheap pot off and no more flicker. why I recommend the 6 dollar pot from rapidled :)
Or better yet go wifi control from plc.
Yeah I want the wifi but at this stage shipping to me on 2 dimmers and 1 hub $230 ,there looking into it
And rapid led beasts work out approx $12 each .
Might still go with rapid butt dammn i want the remote dimmers

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Wow Six. Grow room is just getting better and better! Hey I've got a q about your watering system. I see the pump is in line with 2 barrels. Is that just for more volume or are there different nutrients in there? Also does the pump have a pressure switch and you're controlling feedings with the solenoids? Setup looks muy bueno my friend. Thanks for all you do.

sixstring

sixstring

Wow Six. Grow room is just getting better and better! Hey I've got a q about your watering system. I see the pump is in line with 2 barrels. Is that just for more volume or are there different nutrients in there? Also does the pump have a pressure switch and you're controlling feedings with the solenoids? Setup looks muy bueno my friend. Thanks for all you do.
theres 2 barrels for a couple reasons,your right on more volume with doubles,but more for having the option to use one for plain water and one for any type of additives if i choose.like if i decided later im going to run coco or rockwool on the tables i will have options for feeding those differently then my organic stuff.with this setup i can also mix light nutes in one drum and keep the other water for my helper to use for hand watering when im gone.harder to fuck up my grow if he only has water to work with lol.i can just close a drum and put some tape on it that says do not open and its idiot proof.the one in the corner or on the right side is where ro water comes in so that one will be auto filled at all times so my help wont have to ever worry about running out of water like we always have in the past when i leave,he would go into panic mode about 3 days after i left.for now i just have ball valves on but i can switch those to master valves later if i decide to get crazy with automation,tryin to keep it very basic right now.pump does not have pressure switch,will be controlled by my phone through a hunter irrigation clock and a pump start relay which will also power up separate pumps within the tanks whenever the main pump kicks on just to keep things stirred up real well.theres also a few different spot along the system for me to hook up garden hoses so i can(and will) hand water every day.all the floraflex crap is more for when im away,my helper can just lift some pots here n there and make sure things are how they should be.if not he can spot water stuff.veg room will be very similar but totally seperate system,barrel,timer,pumps.just a single 55gal for veg

C

cobpanda

Hey 6 im looking to do a veg flood and drain for 10 veg plants which veg 1 month is 1 gallon pots the go?
What size flood tray do u reccomend?
Appreciate the pics
Also qb288 spaced 6 inch apart in 2 board setups?

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

theres 2 barrels for a couple reasons,your right on more volume with doubles,but more for having the option to use one for plain water and one for any type of additives if i choose.like if i decided later im going to run coco or rockwool on the tables i will have options for feeding those differently then my organic stuff.with this setup i can also mix light nutes in one drum and keep the other water for my helper to use for hand watering when im gone.harder to fuck up my grow if he only has water to work with lol.i can just close a drum and put some tape on it that says do not open and its idiot proof.the one in the corner or on the right side is where ro water comes in so that one will be auto filled at all times so my help wont have to ever worry about running out of water like we always have in the past when i leave,he would go into panic mode about 3 days after i left.for now i just have ball valves on but i can switch those to master valves later if i decide to get crazy with automation,tryin to keep it very basic right now.pump does not have pressure switch,will be controlled by my phone through a hunter irrigation clock and a pump start relay which will also power up separate pumps within the tanks whenever the main pump kicks on just to keep things stirred up real well.theres also a few different spot along the system for me to hook up garden hoses so i can(and will) hand water every day.all the floraflex crap is more for when im away,my helper can just lift some pots here n there and make sure things are how they should be.if not he can spot water stuff.veg room will be very similar but totally seperate system,barrel,timer,pumps.just a single 55gal for veg

Wow, crazy setup. Thanks for answering this!

Top Bottom