SKI11Z Grow

• Thread starter BrianDirt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Just wanted to move up from the micro grows since I am out of the closet so to speak and growing in a 4x4 area under a 400hps/mh dig adj. ATM growing stuff I crossed myself. Some of the genes C99, romulan,purple super skunk, casey jones, raskals fire og, and a no name. Been growing for a bit now and am getting the hang of thing and I think my last grow is showing that.

Well I have checked most of your grows and I look forward to growing meds to a high level such as many of yourselfs do now, so lets put them in the dirt and get to growing.

Hellfire og #2 F1

Grow og 2 008

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Had a shirt once and it had a picture with a huge finder in a noce and read
PICK A WINNER and thought it was fitting! The freek in front on the next batch selftopped itself, anyone every have that happen?

Grow 005
Grow 021

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Thanks for your support, I enjoy reading your threads, and I'm sure the farm does like wise. Keeps em green till the fade to fall.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

My Crosses
Here is a short story about the plants I crossed for my field trials in
the beginning of cannabis breeding, to learn more about the plants and
genetics. What started out as simply to make a few seeds, has become
much more.
Over time as a smoker you end up with a handfull of seeds from bags of
cannabis and I decided to lable them. Snakebite (from leprocan) and
Super purple skunk (green hornet) were seeds I got out of bags of club meds
and got to go in the dirt. Only one SPS but four SB. The short is SPS and
one SB were female and three SB males, The three males pollen was mixed and
used on each SPS and SB females to get 5-6 seeds from each plant and
creating F1 seeds. Was the SB cross a F2 since it was inbread back to SB?
We don't know how the SB seeds were made in the first place or the SPS
either. I still have the SB seeds though.
I grew out the SPS seeds now being called PSS (purple super snake) the F1
cross of Super purple skunk X snakebite (female first). Out of four, there
were two males and one female. The males were of two phenotypes and left to
seed the lone female. I also had a Casey Jones clone and a Raskals fire og,
and one more unkown seed called (HG). So after harvest I collected my
samples and have seeds from the four different strains to work with.
I call the purple super snake a f2 cross (used F1 brothers pollen)but the
others are F1 crosses.

Please just be helpfull if you can and I will be more than happy to do the same.
BD aka ski11z

neverbreak

neverbreak

mmm yer crankin out some dank lookin plant there bro!

that's a buttload of seeds! got a few hermies?

neverbreak

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Yeah three of the the OG that were in the same bucket did in later flower, but one had none.

I am growing more of everything again and will be exploring the OG line to see if I can pick a nice one in the next round and clone it out for a mother and breeding stock. Find a good brother to donate some pollen and make some f2s to BX to the mom, and make a IBL for a good test of breeding. More than one BX may be needed, most are at least three to be considered cubed and IBL (in breed line). Think of it this way to cube or BX 3(backcross) time to create an IBL you keep breeding back to the mom and by the third time its a great grand mother that a great grand child. Its odd to think this way but it easy to understand. On the f2's of the og cross we should be able to find the moms side of the gene's and BX it to our new mom and then grow those out and BX one more time for f3 and a cube and if done correct then our OG should be verry stable and a IBL to breed with in the future. Does this sound correct to any of the more seasond breeders?

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

" What is selfing?

As the title implies, the main drawback to selfing cannabis plants is that you loose the male portion of your population, making future crosses difficult. Some think that by selfing a plant, all the offspring will turn out just like mom. That is only true if mom is true breeding for all the traits you are interested in. Otherwise, her offspring will show two phenotypes for every trait that she is not true breeding.

There are two basic models for selfing a plant such as cannabis the first one being where the plant is homozygous for the trait in question. Let's assume again that pineapple flavour is controlled by the recessive gene pp. If we self the plant we fill get the following S1 cross.

S1 cross = pp x pp = pp + pp + pp + pp or 100% pineapple flavoured female offspring. But no matching males

The other likely possibility is that special individual heterozygous dominant for the pineapple flavour. In this case P will indicate for pineapple flavour and the S1 cross will be:

S1 cross = Pp x Pp = PP + Pp + Pp + pp, our familiar 1:2:1 mendelian ratio.

In this second example only 75% of the offspring will have pineapple flavour and the frequency of the P gene will only be 50%, a far cry from 100% or true breeding. From here on, this isn't much different from a half sib cross involving regular inbreeding or backcrossing. It will take a few generations to achieve something close to true breeding, but as with backcrossing, as long as we use the P1 mom in the crosses (selfing in this case), we will never achieve a true breeding population. "

" In 1927 K. Hirata at the Hokkaido Imperial University published work where he induced hermaphrodite formation in Cannabis sativa by mutilation, isolated each plant so it only fertilised itself, allowed the buds to mature, collected the seeds and replanted them. 294 seeds were collected, 143 germinated of which 78 were female, 45 were intersex (AKA hermaphrodite) and 3 were male, the rest never reached sexual maturity. (Hirata, K. Journal of genetics (1927), 19(1): 65) "

So as you can see if you have a plant with homo (same) recessive its easyer to get to your goal. Selection of males in the BX is important to get the homo rec to make cross remaine homo. Now what about selfing the males and growing seeds out to see if they are homo rec too? Much less is known about the males since most regard them as nothing more than pollen doners. A bet most have never seen a male plant that selfed?

S1 male plant

Found off the net by searching S1 male cannabis

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

This is a simple video from the net to help understand a few things! Not mine!

Top Bottom