Skunk #1 Ready At 6 Weeks?

• Thread starter Amygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Amygrower

Hi guys. I've been growing for a while now but I'm still always making mistakes. My Skunk plants I would expect to take 8 weeks in flower to be ready to harvest but they look very ready at 6.5 weeks now. According to sensi seeds they only take 45-50 days but that goes against what I've done before with other genetics. I've got some skunk growing in a separate tent only a week younger and all the hairs are white. The buds in question have pretty much every hair\pistil orange. I've never been good at telling if the trichs are milky or glassy but they look milky with some amber on the upper leaves that I cut off and checked under a USB microscope. Can a plant mature really early in the right/wrong environment, maybe too hot/stress or issues with nutrients? I'm unsure whether to harvest or not. I have some pics here, ignore the date on the pics as camera is faulty. Pics may not be great but what do you guys think. Thanks In advance for your advice.
Amy.

A

Amygrower

Turns out I can't upload pics on this phone.
Anyway I've been feeding with RO water 3ml/gal brown and 4.5ml/gal pink of flora series nutes with a calmag supplement twice a day till runoff at pH 5.8. Does this seem a bit low. I've been getting what appears to be deficiencies in my other plants and these ones particularly in the mid to late flowering stage. Dark leaves and pink stems. Blotches on leaves, particularly where the fan has been blowing on them I have gotten blotches and funny colors on the leaves. Any ideas. Thanks again.
Amy

draco

draco

Turns out I can't upload pics on this phone.
Anyway I've been feeding with RO water 3ml/gal brown and 4.5ml/gal pink of flora series nutes with a calmag supplement twice a day till runoff at pH 5.8. Does this seem a bit low. I've been getting what appears to be deficiencies in my other plants and these ones particularly in the mid to late flowering stage. Dark leaves and pink stems. Blotches on leaves, particularly where the fan has been blowing on them I have gotten blotches and funny colors on the leaves. Any ideas. Thanks again.
Amy

I am hand watering in coco...

Alternating between 5.6 and 6.2 is one way to make sure you are offering the plants an opportunity to uptake across the spectrum... Sometimes cal/mag does not supply enough mag. Don't know about the blotches and dark leaves... you may be having lock out? If you are flushing the leaves should be turning yellow... Hard to tell without pics...

I haven't grown that many strains - maybe 15? - but all of them have been way better letting them go longer. I let mine go 74 -76 days.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I've had plants finish in 42 days. If trichs are cloudy, you'r set. If you didn't start flushing, get on it. So many strains, are phenos of Skunk #1

S

Shawnery

I just found this out myself.

You can't tell if a plant is ready by the trichs on the leaves. You need to check the trichs on the calyx's.

The trichs on the leaves mature faster than the ones on the calyx's. I'd bet that most of the trichs on the calyx's are mostly clear if they look cloudy on a leaf.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I just found this out myself.

You can't tell if a plant is ready by the trichs on the leaves. You need to check the trichs on the calyx's.

The trichs on the leaves mature faster than the ones on the calyx's. I'd bet that most of the trichs on the calyx's are mostly clear if they look cloudy on a leaf.
Correct

william76

william76

Its possible uv found a real quick pheno,whats the smell like?and budsize?hav u started flushing yet?,any pics?,good luck!,76

Top Bottom