Slow Or Not?

• Thread starter dart3z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dart3z

dart3z

It is 14th day of grow and my plant is 5cm tall. I have 3 x 105 w cfl (40cm far) bulb and 1x 9w led (6cm far) on top. 30000 lummen and 30-31°C temperature around.

Slow or not
Slow or not 2
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You’re doing fine. In the beginning they are often slow to grow but pick up speed pretty quickly. In a week it’ll be double that size

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
The problem is you don’t want to put cfls at 40cm imo. Just unscrew 2 of those and get that one cfl down like 20cm most, after it grows a bit more, like 6 nodes, add the other cfl and when in flowering at the third one if you like. It will save you money and will be better for the plant imo.
Also just get rid of that led bulb, the way you set it up the plant is getting only the light from the led bulb and the bulb itselfs protects the plant from cfl light :)

dart3z

dart3z

The problem is you don’t want to put cfls at 40cm imo. Just unscrew 2 of those and get that one cfl down like 20cm most, after it grows a bit more, like 6 nodes, add the other cfl and when in flowering at the third one if you like. It will save you money and will be better for the plant imo.
Also just get rid of that led bulb, the way you set it up the plant is getting only the light from the led bulb and the bulb itselfs protects the plant from cfl light :)
I moved led to same level as cfl. Actually i dont mind electricity whole setup cost me 12$/month. If idon remove any of light Should i still lower cfl?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I moved led to same level as cfl. Actually i dont mind electricity whole setup cost me 12$/month. If idon remove any of light Should i still lower cfl?
Cfl light is weak as far as i know, 40 cm is too much space to have between the plant and the bulb. This is a seedling so 300w cfl is too much imo, 1 of those could do the job at 10 or so cms if you ask me, of course the choice is yours.
I don’t see much stretching for now, if you get excessive stretching yes you should lower it, for now it looks ok, it is still a seedling tho.

Top Bottom