Using SM-90 for Growing Cannabis - Pros, Cons and Advice

• Thread starter Guano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

Fighting the Borg wirh sm90 would be like David and Goliath. You better have GOD on your side. Unless you are a closet grower I would use Florimite and Avid as my backup. I would add some life to my root zone, not something that kills it. Bio-organics has some good products at a fair price. I could not trust a product whose company will not do the work to get the labels right. Here use it as a wetting agent, wink, wink. I am sure it has been working for some but there are better products out there for either wetting agents or bug problems. Suerte JK

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
All in all Chemchris is pretty god damn smart and good at this hobby. I think the answer is in between but not in the middle. It is closer to the Chemcris end.

Wow I was refreshing myself on the pros and cons of SM-90 and forgot about this thread. I mostly used SM-90 in my Power Grower dripper. I did use No Pest strips during the the grows too. I would put them in for a week when I started veg and then put them in zip lock bags to store until I used them again when I flipped to 12/12.

During a soil grow which included some new clones I got through the black market (lol) I ran into some mites from hell. It was the first time I was using SM-90 as a foliar spray and it didn't stop them.

I bought Floramite and Forbid and I can now say I am mite free.

I still like SM-90. When I use the drippers my water temps are always around 73-4 and I don't have problems with root rot and I don't get many bugs while using it with my other stuff. I also like to spray Neem once in awhile because the plants like it.

Once I had some Bubba Kush outside and I figured I would spray Green Cure with Coco Wet as a preventative measure for mold. I would alternate with SM-90 (half strength due to others warnings) after rains would happen. Then I remembered you could use SM90 with stuff to help adhere it.

After the next rain I mixed green Cure with SM90 and the next day they were fried bad. I stopped spraying and they recovered some but then they did what all my Bubba Kush outdoor grows do. They molded bad. LOL!

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

???Can anyone help?
Use it at 2 oz per liter and 4 per liter for a strong dose..The 1 part to 5 parts water will burn most mj plants and give crispy edges......I actually killed spider mites with this....it was a infestation that just was starting ~ but i been using ot for a few years when it first came out ~ i use it as a preventative , spider mites, Mold pm , bot , thrips , Just bugs dont like the shit,,,,,,,,, Once a week i hit my veging plants with it and its makes them robust and makes them Seem like not the place for Bugs to host colonies on !!:harvest:

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

I use it to flush my rockwool out every week...that stuff smeels really good like fresh oranges sometimes i wanna be the plant lol

S

Seafrost

SM90 is the shit. Essential ingredient in my book. Especially with DWCs and hempies. 2.5mL per G.I never have used as a foliar but i am going to now after hearing that it actually works pretty good.

persiankid

persiankid

I've been using Sm90 for a long time in my rez's and in my foilar spray... it doesn't kill the bugs bit it does slow them down.. it seems to work best as a spray in the hotter months for some reason.. and it smells awesome!

707OldSchool

Some of you getting SM 90 foliar burn may be confusing Dilution ratio with Dilution factor.

Dilution Ratio of 1:5: 1 part added to 4 parts
Dilution Factor of 1:5: 1 part added to 5 parts water

So you can see using Ratio would give you a very hot mixture comapred to using a Factor.

Hope this helps.

FrostFactory

FrostFactory

I've used SM-90 for a couple of years now and have pretty good experience with it. I use it as a wetting agent and to keep my root zone clean. I grow in a peat based soilless mix (sunshine #4). It works very well for preventing and controlling fungus gnats from propagating in the root zone. I have tried it as a foliar spray and it burned the plants a little bit. I wouldn't recommend it as a foliar for mite control. When it comes to mites, I spray preventatively about once every month to 6 weeks on mothers and vegging plants, and twice right before switching to 12/12 with a combination of Azamax, Spinosad, and Safer Fungicide which is a sulfur soap. I mix all three together at their maximum recommended dosages and I apply with an atomizer. It works great for me and it is safe for the plants. Florimite is a good systemic but I'd only use it if there was a serious outbreak. I personally avoid avid. I've used it and the plants really didn't like it. I also hate neem. It is disgusting and you have to keep reapplying it. It is not the kind of thing that I want to be spraying around the garden all the time, especially with an atomizer. When it comes to powdery mildew, SM-90 is worthless. I use sulfur soap as a preventative and Eagle 20 if there is an outbreak. Eagle 20 is the only thing that actually kills pm. NEVER use it during flower though. One thing that I've noticed about SM-90 is that it also acts as a flavor enhancer. It adds a subtle floraly note to the finished herbs.

C

CheckPlease

I actually have been using sm-90 for the past few grows and it doesn't hurt lol I'm still learning but getting better every time...once a week I do a root drench with it to kinda flush it and add a few other things cuz I feel like it. Also battling WPM right now and I sprayed this stuff called Mildew Cure or something pretty sure it has garlic extract for most of the ingredient you can smell it haha so i added the sm90 to not only increase spray coverage and battle bugs but to also make it smell less like garlic and more like the canola oil or whatever.

Marksurfs

Marksurfs

WPM : I have alot of humidity and lower temperatures I have to deal with , WPM is a a constant problem in the winter , if I don't do preventative spraying on the plants throughout the grow. Factor 1:7 , 1 -Milk , 7 - Water , in a gallon of water , not a perefect measurement is needed for water to milk ( Factor ), a pinch of baking soda , not alot , just enough to change the PH on the leaves and surrounding soil surface , a few drops of oil . I also spary the buckets and the grow area . All three , Milk , baking soda and oil , are agents that kill and prevent the mildew . Baking Soda changes the PH , dries out the exterior of the leaves as well . The oil drops puts a slick surface on the leaves which WPM doesn't like to grow on . The milk has fatty acids in it , the plants seem to be liking being sprayed with the water, milk combo . All organic and it works . WPM starts to show up here mostly in the winter rainy for me , that's when I start using the foliar spray to fight back . I use it until I'm going to harvest . Before I harvest , I make sure any baking soda - milk - residue is removed from the bud just so I don't have to smoke milk by spraying the plants with water and letting them dry out until they're ready to harvest . Couldn't hurt to smoke it , it's a mental thing :)

L

Large bud

It's 94% canola oil. , 1 %coriander oil and 5% Triethanolamine which is the alcohol type part that helps to break down some of the oils. It also helps to ph balance the oils. So above I saw a comment stating that it is expensive. We'll try buying canola , and coriander oil mix 94% canola , 1% coriander and 5% isopropyl alcohol into a bottle. Follow the same mixing directions as on the sm90 bottle and I bet it'll work the same and be about 10% the cost.

jewsh808

jewsh808

Let us know how that homemade sm-90 turned out! I have been adding it to my nutes and have forgotten how awesome of a product it is!!

Top Bottom