Small Greenhouse Veg? Timing?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey guys. I'm considering a small greenhouse to veg in. During spring.

Is this a wise thing for an indoor grower? Do plants immediately start flower in an unlit greenhouse in a northern climate?

REALLY appreciate any advice. I'm an indoor guy.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Is this a wise thing for an indoor grower? Do plants immediately start flower in an unlit greenhouse in a northern climate?

sun rotation is the key to the girls veg and flower cycle,inside we control the lights ,so we decide when we flip to flower by how big we want the plant,so veging outside,it would go all the way intojuly be fore flower production,here in my state its been in the 90's over a month,up north were you are you can manipulate your plants with heat and light inside the greenhouse,if you are in a 9 ot 13 hr daylight cycle you can adjust to have lights on a timer for when you want to get your 16 hours of vegging light,do you dig what im trying to say,never been up north,but here when time change we have daylight from 6 in the morning to 9 pm in spring,come summer it doesnt get dark until 10pm,hope it helped a little

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

If you're starting with seeds, unless they're autos they won't just automatically start to flower, they need to be sexually mature first.

Assuming they *are* sexually mature, yes, you can do this, but you're going to want to either extend the daylight phase of the photoperiod OR interrupt the dark phase for about 2hrs.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

How many hours of day length would I need to maintain veg, without gas lantern techniques do you guys think?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What's the current photoperiod they're on right now?

Here's the issue, if you reduce the daylight phase (which obviously conversely increases the dark phase) of the photoperiod by even one hour, they'll flip into flower IME. This is specifically because they're already sexually mature.

That is what is going to dictate whether or not they flip into flower. Pot size may also play a role here.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Ahhh. Ok. We are at 15 daylight now. This is for small rooted clones....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What is the photoperiod they're on right now? Are they growing outside using just the current photoperiod? If so I want to know how you did it. :p

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Alrighty then! They will flip into flower even if you put them outside when the days are at 16hrs. You will need to either interrupt the dark phase, or extend the daylight phase until you want them to flip.

2hrs for each method is my suggestion. :)

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

We are at 15.5 hours now. My hope would be the outdoor veg growth would be explosive.

Top Bottom