Small Grow For Nubies.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Critical Kush, dried, now ready for curing, weight around two and a half ounces when cured. Buds are not as big this time round, and the plant was given the best seat in the house while in flower, last run was a one gallon jar full, this time around, one and a third jars, so even thought the buds are smaller, there seems to be more buds. Had a quick bong, as your do, and it's good to go. :smoking:
100 7135

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

I'm a new indoorgrower... On my 4th or 5th grownow... I've had about 3 grows that I would call a success... But this is my 1st scrog grow... It's about week 5 in veg (from clone) Soil grow (2gal smartpots) I'm using well water but I pH test it every time... I'm using Monty'sgrow formula (8-16-8) at ¼ the recommended dosage... I'm also addingsilica and cal-mag both at ¼ therecommended dose... I've searched for my plant symptoms (red stems & pale new growth) it's seems like mag def. But when I bumped the cal-mag up to ½ the issue still remains
IMG 20180404 192208
IMG 20180404 192231
IMG 20180404 192241
IMG 20180404 192302
IMG 20180404 192310
IMG 20180404 192315

chemistry

chemistry

I'm a new indoorgrower... On my 4th or 5th grownow... I've had about 3 grows that I would call a success... But this is my 1st scrog grow... It's about week 5 in veg (from clone) Soil grow (2gal smartpots) I'm using well water but I pH test it every time... I'm using Monty'sgrow formula (8-16-8) at ¼ the recommended dosage... I'm also addingsilica and cal-mag both at ¼ therecommended dose... I've searched for my plant symptoms (red stems & pale new growth) it's seems like mag def. But when I bumped the cal-mag up to ½ the issue still remainsView attachment 790221 View attachment 790222 View attachment 790223 View attachment 790224 View attachment 790225 View attachment 790226

Your plants look ok at the minute, if you can get a pic of the plants with out the LED shining on your plants you will get a better idea, LED masks a lot of issues. You will develop slight defs when your plants go through the two week stretch, so go steady with your additives, and try not to rush to fix some thing that would level out on it's own. Have you a grow log going on Farmers, put up a link for your grow, there are good growers on here that use LED through full grows. So stick a link up with better lit pic, and ten dollars says you get sorted.

chemistry

chemistry

Right folks, hope your all well. The Juan Herer (4) is down and hung, not as good a producer as the last run, and wound up a stumpy little plant, can't kick it for what it produced though, it will still fill a gallon jar cured no problem, and I bet I will still struggle to get up for a piss after a couple of bongs. lol The Juan Herer (5) is now in flush, so the next time it puts in an appearance it will be hung. The other Juan Herer (6) has just finished week 1 of flower and is bushy as a beaver, this will receive top spot under the light when the JH(5) is flushed. Just put another Critical Kush (5) into flower today, I'm finding this strain good for kicking back listening to music.

Juan Herer (4) up.
100 7142

Juan Herer (4) down and hung.
100 7147

Juan Herer (6) week one of flower, PH 5.8 PPM 577 And starting to go for it now. :)
100 7137

Showing it's more feminine side.
100 7144

100 7145

Juan Herer (5) Was put into flush today. This is a much bigger plant than its predecessor JH(4)
100 7138

And the next Critical Kush finds a spot to grab some rays.
100 7139

Cruising with a PH of 5.8 and a PPM of 545, and that rounds this weeks update, up. Keep Tolkin folks. :smoking:

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

Your plants look ok at the minute, if you can get a pic of the plants with out the LED shining on your plants you will get a better idea, LED masks a lot of issues. You will develop slight defs when your plants go through the two week stretch, so go steady with your additives, and try not to rush to fix some thing that would level out on it's own. Have you a grow log going on Farmers, put up a link for your grow, there are good growers on here that use LED through full grows. So stick a link up with better lit pic, and ten dollars says you get sorted.

IMG 20180405 081348
IMG 20180405 081400
IMG 20180405 081417
IMG 20180405 081429
IMG 20180405 081500
IMG 20180405 081600
chemistry

chemistry

What PPM's are you feeding? And what is your PH? Reason I ask, is that your tips are saying overdose, looks like tip burn. Go steady with the calmag, I use around 50ppm per feed, which is around 3ml. If you get a minute, grab a gallon of water, test it's ppm's, then add what calmag you would according to the instructions on the bottle, and let me know what it reads, it sounds like your using to much calmag, thing with calmag is that it has such high PPM's per gallon, that you can reach your ceiling PPM count with out leaving any room for your flower nuits, looks to me like you have pushed the calmag to hard.

chemistry

chemistry

What a turn up, bumped into an old dude from way back, said he had packed up growing, and gifted me some seeds, said they were all old seeds, but you know what it's like as a grower, you still have to have a go with them just to see. lol So it went like this, we had a bong or two before we started, just to let the pucks soak. :)

100 7151

I'm quite liking these grow pucks, purely for convenience, I just add some water from my water butt down the garden, micro wave it to kill the bugs, let it cool, and bung the required pucks, and bury the seeds.

So on we go, these Purple Bud seeds were part of the seed haul, femmed too, lovely.:)
100 7149

Planted.
100 7152

How many stoners does it take to write 4 labels? Answer 5. lol
So my buddie says what do you want writing on these labels, I reply, Karala, Afghani, Maple Leaf, and PB for the purple bud. Wound up with Karela, Afghani, PP and Maple Loaf? :D Ah well, at least they're planted. lol
100 7156

One of the Karala's (regs) has popped already, hoping its a babe, they were planted about 4 days ago along with the Afghani (regs), Maple Leaf (regs), and now the femmed Purple Buds have joined the grow puck party. In a weeks time we'll see what's poppin, and what's not, would be nice if they all popped, but I won't be holding my breath. lol And that wraps up this mini trip into seed burying. :)

chemistry

chemistry

Here come the Purple Bud's, opened the veg cabinet, and there it was, was told not to hold my breath over these seeds, but one has popped, and is now residing in a net pot, so there is life in these 5 year old seeds, and its a fem. :)
100 7164

chemistry

chemistry

Morning folks, hope your all well. All three plants in flower are doing ok, the Juan Herer (5) is still in flush, the JH(6) is in week 2 of flower heading into week 3. The Critical Kush (5) has just finished week 1 of flower, and looks like it's Sativa side starting to wake up and go for it, so all is well in the garden.

The JH(5) In flush.
Juan Herer 5 flush W10

JH(6) Week 2 in flower.
PH 5.8
PPM 575
JH6 W2

Critical Kush (5) Just finished week 1 of flower.
PH 6.0 PPM 548
CK5 W1

And that wraps it up for this update, keep tolking folks. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Here we are again with this weeks update.

The Critical Kush is showing a bit of tip burn, but nothing to worry about, it's in week two of flower and putting on the stretch, PH 6.0 PPM 552
100 7176

The Juan Herer (6) is rocking along, week 2 gone, and heading into week 3, it's a bushy beast. PH 5.8 PPM 581.
100 7174

New to the flower space is another Juan Herer (7) starting it's first week, I do like this as a good alrounder of a smoke, this is why we have two of this strain in most of the time. :) PH 5.8 PPM 486
100 7177

The last Juan Herer (5) is now down and hung to dry.
100 7172

100 7173

100 7178

And that concludes this update, keep tolkin folks. :smoking:

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Hey Chem! Im running barneys farm CK and was wondering if your clones (if you propagate clones or grow from seed) take on a virusy look to them. Mine seem to get mottled leaf surface and a lack of chlorophyl , but they always seem to grow out of it. If you want to see a pic i can post one for ya! As always killing it my g! I love reading your updates

chemistry

chemistry

Hey Chem! Im running barneys farm CK and was wondering if your clones (if you propagate clones or grow from seed) take on a virusy look to them. Mine seem to get mottled leaf surface and a lack of chlorophyl , but they always seem to grow out of it. If you want to see a pic i can post one for ya! As always killing it my g! I love reading your updates

Yes, so do mine, I put it down to the fact the cutting has no roots to pic up calmag, so I get the brown spotted leaves to show a cal def. I do grow the odd seed, but cuttings work better for me, I can pic the shape of plant I want to fit in the space I have, square canopy x3 if I can get it. lol

chemistry

chemistry

A quick update on the Juan Herer (5) It's down, it's dried enough to jar for curing. It's not the producer the last run was, and the buds are smaller than the last harvested plant, also flushed this plant for two weeks instead of one, but I'll wait and see what another grower on Farmers says when he does a two week flush with a similar strain, and we can have a debrief. Smoke wise.
100 7180

Smoke wise, the hit is the same, colour is more yellow this time due to the extra weeks flush, but I'm not convinced this is all good.

100 7182

Buds are a nice size (clipper size) but not as big as last time round. Frost wise, you can see it's frosty, 60% amber, and sticky as a yellow bug trap, and the hit nailed me to the chair like a dildo on a shower wall. lol So that's it for this ramble, just needs curing and that's a wrap.

chemistry

chemistry

Here we are again, the plants are doing well, no problems yet, but I have to go away for a few days, so we'll see how they get on after that. Right, the Critical Kush(5) is now heading into week four, it's had to have a cage to control it as it's getting a little wobbly, but I don't mind that, means it going for it. The Juan Herer's (6) + (7) are also cracking on.

100 7186

This is the Critical Kush(5) PH 6.0 PPM 551 week 3 just gone.

100 7185

The Juan Herer(6) PH 5.8 PPM 567 now in week 4.

100 7184

And finally, the Juan Herer(7) PH 5.8 PPM 602 Is on week 1.

And that's it for another week, keep tokin folks. :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom