Small Grow For Nubies.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Just a couple of pix from my last grow, just didn't get the time to post and document every thing due to work commitments.

Juan Herer, the last pic I took of her before work took over, and free time went out the window. A week into flower. Think she produced over two ounces dry, do not to bad for a neglected lady.
100 7267

Critical Kush. This did 3oz dry.
100 7266

Afghani. This produced nothing, it was a bit finicky from the start, didn't like the same amount of nuits as the others, which was not a good thing, as I was away for 5 days at a time, so bunging over the top PPM's to last the period I was away just didn't pan out. So this plant wound up in the bin, nil poi.
100 7268

Just putting in a new floor into my flower space, been needing it for years, you know that point you get to where another coat of paint won't sort it out, well that point was reached, a while ago. So while the floor is up, I decided to put in under floor ventilation, this should improve air flow as air will be coming up from the floor and exiting through the ceiling extractor fan, thus creating air flow through the flower space. Picking up the ply to re do the floor today some time, and hope to be back on track in around two weeks. A couple of busy weeks left at work and bang, kick back time.

100 7276

And that's it for the time being, keep tokin folks.

newh

newh

Just a couple of pix from my last grow, just didn't get the time to post and document every thing due to work commitments.

Juan Herer, the last pic I took of her before work took over, and free time went out the window. A week into flower. Think she produced over two ounces dry, do not to bad for a neglected lady.
View attachment 840254

Critical Kush. This did 3oz dry.
View attachment 840255

Afghani. This produced nothing, it was a bit finicky from the start, didn't like the same amount of nuits as the others, which was not a good thing, as I was away for 5 days at a time, so bunging over the top PPM's to last the period I was away just didn't pan out. So this plant wound up in the bin, nil poi.
View attachment 840256

Just putting in a new floor into my flower space, been needing it for years, you know that point you get to where another coat of paint won't sort it out, well that point was reached, a while ago. So while the floor is up, I decided to put in under floor ventilation, this should improve air flow as air will be coming up from the floor and exiting through the ceiling extractor fan, thus creating air flow through the flower space. Picking up the ply to re do the floor today some time, and hope to be back on track in around two weeks. A couple of busy weeks left at work and bang, kick back time.

View attachment 840260

And that's it for the time being, keep tokin folks.
put some white TPO roof membrane on the floor instead of paint it will last forever

chemistry

chemistry

New floor is in, light trap built, and painted, first coat (I hate painting). Just the lights and fans to hang, and the flower space will be good to go. Picking up some seeds this week some time. Will be starting off with a couple of vegging plants. A Critical Kush and a old style Afghani. I also have a Juan Herer and a Purple Bud from White Lablel Seeds in veg, they're still a little short to flower, but they will get there. :)

New floor and light trap.
100 7278

chemistry

chemistry

Had a half day at work today, had things to do that I'd been putting off, and putting off. Well got those things sorted today, and doubled up with a visit to the local head shops. ;) Been after a new grinder, got arms like Popeye using the blunt, worn out thing I've had for the last couple of years. So what to buy? Looked at all the pretty stuff they had on display (with the rip off prices) and settled on this one. It's a Space Case, made in the USA, and looks like it could shred enough greenery to fill my biggest bowl (party bong). So it will get a work out this evening when I get time to park my ass.
100 7282

100 7281

And while I was window shopping, trying my best to keep my hard earned cash in my pocket, I wilted and bought these. :cool:

100 7283

100 7284

100 7285

Ah well, who wants to be rich. Keep tokin folks. :)

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

Well, you know what it's like, your glass bong becomes brittle with use, and then it snaps a bit off, usually the bit you can't fix. Well I kissed good bye to my old bong, and bought a new one. And this is it, an Ebay cheapy $25. Will git it christened later and see how it performs. :cool:
100 7287

chemistry

chemistry

Yo growers and tokers. Had a couple of hours spare to do a bit more work on my flower space, all painted and most of the electrics are up and running bar the oscillating fan.
100 7291

Buckets just need a swill round with a bit of soapy water and a scrub, then the I'm ready to create a jungle, get me out of here. :)

100 7292

Roll on next week, should be up and running barring any technical inadequacies. And that's it folks, hope to have some thing better to show you next week.
Keep tolkin folks.:smoking:

schwab0619

schwab0619

Yo growers and tokers. Had a couple of hours spare to do a bit more work on my flower space, all painted and most of the electrics are up and running bar the oscillating fan.
View attachment 845131

Buckets just need a swill round with a bit of soapy water and a scrub, then the I'm ready to create a jungle, get me out of here. :)

View attachment 845132

Roll on next week, should be up and running barring any technical inadequacies. And that's it folks, hope to have some thing better to show you next week.
Keep tolkin folks.:smoking:
Dope setup. Lets see the fire

chemistry

chemistry

Dope setup. Lets see the fire
Going well. Mid week 5. I had to add a heater for the dark cycle. Starting to get a little chilly....winters is coming.

LoL

Glad to hear it's all going well E. Yeah, know what you mean about Winter. I was looking at the pix I posted earlier of my flower space, and looking at he temp gauge on the fan controller, and it reads 17 indoors (with out the grow lights on), I'm used to it being between 25/27. lol

chemistry

chemistry

Hi tokers and growers, finally got round to doing some growing at last. But it's not been with out it's problems, Thrips snuck in while I wasn't looking (little bastards) and they have been stubborn to eject, but now I have the time to make them suffer. ;) Anyway, two plants are in flower at the minute, and these are they.

Plenty of space for these babies at the moment.
100 7298

On the left is an Afgani regular, and on the right is a Critical Kush.

100 7296

Afgani, just about to take off.

100 7297

Critical Kush, also primed to take off. :)

And that's it, here we go again. Keep tokin folks. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Well there's week one in flower out of the way, and all's well. Don't know what it's been like in your neck of the woods, but it's been chilly lately, more the wind chill than ice or snow. Been a slow first week for the plants, but I've put that down to the cold. The Critical Kush has white hairs, so that's her on her way. The Afgani is a little slower to show, but I think by mid week she'll be a go getter.

First up, the Critical Kush. You can see the purple stems due to the temp drop. Raised the temp so should cure it's self, if not, then it's out with the stethoscope. :)
White hairs. ;)
100 7305

100 7309

PH 5.8
PPM 503

Next up is the Afgani, such a finicky plant, definitely not a greedy plant. It yellows at the sight of a bottle of nuits. lol This week should see it turn it's self round, already looks better than last week, better colour and more vigor.
100 7308

PH 5.8
PPM 508

And there ends another update.
Keep tokin folks. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Starting seeds for DWC, this is how I do mine. I've never had a lot of luck growing seeds in Rockwool, but I like the Rockwool because it's sterile and no bits drop into my rez's.

I've done best in soil when it comes to starting seeds. But I don't do soil, so how to make seeds think they're in soil when they pop. I use these square 3 inch by 3 inch Rockwool cubes, the one's with the hole in the middle to except a starter cube. I do it like this. I would love some 3 inch round Rockwool. :)

Start off with one of these.
100 7326

100 7323

100 7321

With a bit of sculpturing.
100 7329

Choose your seeds.
100 7332

Fill the holes half full with seed compost and drop your chosen seed into the middle.
100 7334

Cover with more compost and soak.
100 7336

Cover with a cloche or clear plastic bag and place some were warm. And in a week you should have a seedling. This method stops all the bits from the compost falling into your rez and fouling things up.
And there ends another update. Keep tokin folks.:smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Veg space. I don't have a lot of time due to family and work commitments, and that's with out adding hanging out with my buddies, so I need a veg space that just gets the job done, with little or no work. And this is what evolved. I can grow seeds, and bring on cuttings. It's not the biggest green space in the world, but it keeps me stoned, and only takes 5 minutes a day to fettle. :)

This is my veg space. I'm moving up to 4 rez's in the near future, so I can grow seeds in the 3 potter, and flower out 3 plants in the single pot rez's. The 2 bottle cloches are the Aurora Indica and the Bubblelicious I potted up in the last post. On the left is a Juan Herer cutting doing it's thing. And on the right is a Purple Bud. In the middle is the three pot starter rez. To left is an Afgani cutting. Top right is a Critical Kush cutting. The seed bottom middle is a Gorilla Glue derivative.
100 7341

Some good roots on the GG seedling, a week since planting.
100 7342

And that's it for vegging, keep tokin folks.

chemistry

chemistry

You know that feeling when you think some things out, but you can't put your finger on it? Well I've been having that feeling for the last two weeks. I instantly thought TDS meter needs changing, so I ordered one, came yesterday, and turns out the old one is reading 120ppm light, so I've been over feeding by 120. Not a lot maybe, but enough to stall my Critical Kush. This is the CK before with the old TDS meter.
100 7346

And this is how it should look, this is the week before the meter broke down totally.
CK8 week 1

Give it a week and it will be back, just a shame the meter broke down in week two of flower. A well. Every thing is back in line, and the plants are guzzling the right amount of nuits. So we'll see what happens in weeks time. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Yum Yum Bubblegum. ;) The two seeds I planted Monday evening have popped in 3 days. Yesterday, nothing but a bump in the soil, and this evening when I had a quick look, they were up a half inch. There's some thing special about popping seeds, never seem to get bored with it, has to be the worlds best magic trick ever. Just wish I lived in a warehouse. lol

The Bubblelicious. Yesterday.
B 1

And this evening. :)
B 2

The Aurora Indica. Yesterday.
AI 1

And this evening. :)
A1 2

Abracadabra! And that ends this update. Keep tokin folks. :smoking:

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

An update on the two flowering plants. The Critical Kush in on it's way back, the purple is fading fast, so another couple of days and it should be praying. The original Afgani is turning into a really bushy plant, it's also nearly on top form. I think the overdose of nuits it got a took weeks growth out of it, looks like it's just starting to take off on week one of flower, not two. And there's a lesson, test your pens and truncheons every time you use them, or run the gauntlet like most stoned folk who can't be arsed, do. :cool:

The Critical Kush. Looks more pert than it's last update. :)
100 7373

PH 6.0
PPM 469

The Afgani. Got some leaf on her. :)
100 7371

PH 5.8
PPM 537

That's it, all up to date, and there ends another update. Keep tokin folks. :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom