Small Grow For Nubies.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Morning growers and tokers, hope you all had a good Christmas, and did Santa bring you all the latest top notch growing gear and seeds to see you through next season? Just a quick update on the flowering plants. The Afgani has grown even more bushy this week, should be growing upwards soon. The Critical Kush is not doing so well, or should I say, I think it's not doing so well, maybe just needs another week to spin it's self round, we'll see how it goes. :(

The Critical Kush(8) Most of the purple has gone, and is being replaced by some welcomed green. :)
100 7379

PH 5.8
PPM 507

The Afgani. So bushy.:)
100 7378

PH 5.8
PPM 502

And there ends this update. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Week 3 in flower out of the way, and cruising into week 4. All well with the flowering plants, the Afgani is getting more bush on it, has to be one of the leafiest plants I've grown. The Critical Kush is doing ok, but it still has some issues, but seems to be unfazed by it's fiery start. lol

The Critical Kush.
100 7393

The Afgani.
100 7392

Plants are getting there, five more weeks and we'll see what we have to jar. :cool:

chemistry

chemistry

Well it's been a busy month, with the tail end of Christmas disappearing until next year, even with the munchies I'm beginning to become sick of mince pies. lol Anyway, the flowering plants are doing fine, the Critical Kush is still a little off some were, maybe a bad cut, because it's normally rampant in DWC. But not this one. The Afgani is a finicky plant, to much feed and it burns, not enough and it starves, hopefully have it nailed next time round. I would like to scrog the Afgani and make some some resin from it, some thing for the future maybe.

The Critical Kush. Week 5 of flower. Not looking it's best, but I like to leave the rough leafs on until they fall or droop.
CK8W5

The Afgani.
A2 W5

Such a bushy plant. And there ends another update. Keep tokin folks.:smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Well it's that time again. The Critical Kush is now in flush, don't know why it has finished this fast, 7 weeks in flower, 8 with the flush. Only difference is, this plant is the smallest CK I've grown, they normally have bigger more spread out buds. But can't knock it, plenty of bud, just not that big. The proof is in the smoking though, so we'll have to wait and see how it cures. :) The Afgani is a weird plant, If I wasn't for the fact I was told it was a straight up old style Afgani, I would think this plant was an Auto, it even acts like one, and so finicky. Next run with it should be better, now I have an idea what turns it on. :)

The Critical Kush.
100 7684

The Afgani.
100 7682

Looking at a flood n drain scrog next run (need a change), maybe, if I can set some time to one side to knock it together, got most of the items needed, just lack time, but that will come. Need a setup that can look after it's self while I'm at work at the moment, and this fits the bill, only one rez to sort instead of seperate buckets with different requirements. So a new project moves off the drawing board, and into production. ;)
And that's a wrap folks, keep tokin. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

The Critical Kush is down and hung. It's got to be the smallest CK I've grown, normally they're a lot fatter in the bud than this one, but it still fills a hanger, so it's not a dead loss. And I've no doubt it will still deliver a good hit. :)
100 7700

A few more bits.
100 7702

It's all going on.:D

chemistry

chemistry

As predicted, the Critical Kush did not produce a lot. Half a gallon jar will probably be the end result. It still has a while to cure and finish drying out. It looks good, plenty of amber, around 40 percent amber and 60% clouded. So should be a good toke when it's done. Buds are the smallest I've ever had from a CK. The PPM meter going down at the start of the two week stretch did me no favours at all. It did a lot worse than the Afgani which just lost colour and stalled. The CK on the other hand freaked out, burnt, then defs. By the time it had spun it's self round it was so far behind it just never caught up. Some things you can sort, some you can't. But that's the thing about growing, even when you have it in a groove, things can still happen while your not looking. lol

The CK in a jar.
100 7705

Sorry about the rubbish photo. Now the wait is on for the Afgani.

chemistry

chemistry

Got the last couple of bits for my flood n drain, hit the door mat this morning, thanks Bayhydro. :)
100 7707

Just got to flower out the Afgani and I'm sorted. Don't know if it's worth the hassle to flower it out or not, it's been horse tailing for a week, may just hash it and be done. After the PPM meter went tits up, the plants got a little bit of a sweat on, right in the middle of the stretch phase, goes with out saying that they didn't appreciate the experience, and rebelled. This is the Afgani, looks like it's going to herm to me. :(
100 7709

We'll see how she goes. You can see she was nearly finished, so it's going into flush to see if it finishes up. Some how I think this one is destined for the hash bucket, unless it pulls it's knickers up and starts to behave like a lady. Keep tolkin folks. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

As you all know, bugs have harried my grow this round, and been stubborn to leave. Tried most of the common bug sprays and potions, but to no avail, they are still here, hiding in the corners. Well, their days may be numbered. Canna have this offering called Cannacure. I only know a couple of small growers that have used this product, and they swear by it. So I mixed up 65ml and added it to 200ml of water as per the instructions. Sprayed it on this morning after the plants had time to wake up after lights on. Got some work on today, so we'll see if there are any sun bathers when I get home after my shift, fingers crossed that there are only stiffs crisped in the sun. :)
100 7712

It's a war zone, and the bugs are leaving, one way or another.:)

chemistry

chemistry

Well, not bad at first it seems. Only one sunbather in the whole of my veg space, compared to 5 this morning, so at least it's trying to work. I'll give it another spray later just as the lights go out, then see how many sunbathers there are in the morning, would be nice if there were none, but I'm not holding my breath. lol

chemistry

chemistry

I didn't read the whole thread, What type of bugs have you got?

Just stubborn Thrips, hit them with all the usual stuff, now I'm hitting them with some thing different, hopefully some thing they've not seen before. Was Spider Mites too, but they're history. Just these Thrips to go and I'm cleared of bugs.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just stubborn Thrips, hit them with all the usual stuff, now I'm hitting them with some thing different, hopefully some thing they've not seen before. Was Spider Mites too, but they're history. Just these Thrips to go and I'm cleared of bugs.

Gotcha. Spinosad is the nuke for thrips. I'm hording a small bottle of Monterey garden insect spray I got years ago for thrips.. We cant get spinosad in Canada anymore. Not even imported from the US.

chemistry

chemistry

Had a couple of hours to spare on Sunday, so had a bong and had half a hour on the flood and drain tray. Just the pump to test and fit, then fill up for a water tight test, and we're sorted on the hardware side of things. :)
100 7714
100 7717
100 7718
100 7719

And the greenery for this project.
100 7722

The two on the left that are not on the tray are Purple Buds. The plant with the dark green in the rock wool is a Bubblelicous. The 5 together with light green circles are the Juan Herrer's that are going into veg under the MH 400 watt until they fill a scrog. The other two that you can't really see are a Gerilla Glue variant and Aurora Indica seedlings the mites and Thrips didn't manage to kill. And that's as far as I've got, other than the Afgani is chopped and trimmed tomorrow, not expecting a lot from it, but it's all in the smoke. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

The Afgani is down and out. Don't know what to make of this plant? I still think it's half Auto, it just grew like an Auto, may have to have a run with it on it's own to work it out, and then see if it does any better. Either way it's a nice smoke, had a tester form it before it went into flush, will be better after a dry and cure, so I'm happy with it.:)
The Afgani hung.
100 7728

Should fill a gallon jar when it's dried. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Was just having a kick round the storage sheds and I found a feeding tray I bought around a year ago at a yard sale, thought I'd stumbled across a gold mine, but only the two trays, ten bucks a piece and they were mine. Got them home and thought they were more trouble than they were probably worth. :sweating: So dumped them in the shed. Anyway, it got to the point of use them or bin them? So I have dug one out, and just to make sure they don't work before I bin them, I thought I'd test them. So here they are, little squirting water tables, test started. :cool:
100 7729

100 7730

100 7731

100 7734

100 7733

Give it a couple of days under the 400watt MH @ PH 6.0 @ 400ppm and see how it goes. :)

chemistry

chemistry

The Juan Herer cuttings are taking off really well on this self watering tray, got the timer set on 7 minute waterings 4 times a day, PH 6.0 @450ppm's. You can see the new growth shooting from the center of the plant. ;)
100 7743

And the pearly white roots are ploughing through these 4 inch rockwool cubes, always a welcome sight. If they keep producing roots at this rate, they will soon be off this tray and into the flood and drain trough. :)
100 7746

A good start to the the project. :cool:

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

Yo, I bought some Bubblelicious seeds a while back, first one was taken out by spider mites, and this one was nearly taken, left it a bit weak it and developed root rot. Anyway, with a splash of enzymes it's on it's way back, you can see the big new white roots pushing through, so it should be sorted by next week. :)
100 7750

100 7751

The 5 Juan Herers for the scrog are coming along fine, roots have grown out of the bottom of the cubes, and are ready to put on a growth spurt.
100 7753

The 5 green cubes are the Juan Herer, and the plant at the bottom is a Afgani cutting, but as you can see, it is a finicky plant. The others are loving life, but this Afgani is a strange one. Looks like it's one of those plants that has to be grown on it's own to give it exactly what it needs, but at the moment we have to push on with the JH's. But it's my intention to scrog this Afgani and sift a quarter or more of Afgani Black resin, maybe it will only grow well outdoors, who knows, a project for another day. :cool:

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Afghani resin really is something special. There is nothing like the gold seal hash we used to get back in the 80's-90's from field grown plants in Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom