Small Grow For Nubies.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Afghani resin really is something special. There is nothing like the gold seal hash we used to get back in the 80's-90's from field grown plants in Afghanistan.

This is it, been looking for an original Afgani for a while, but man have the become rare. Ever one says they have a cutt, but when you grow them out, you know right up that they're not the real deal. I'm keen to hang on to this cut, and produce some Afgani Black, but we'll see how it pans out. Should work out. And the plant smells like the old 80's black when rubbed between your fingers. :)

chemistry

chemistry

It's gathering speed in the veg department, the plants after the changes are starting to get it together, the Bubblelicous is greening up, the Gorilla is also pushing out some nice new growth, and so is the Afgani.

The Bubblelicous.
100 7756

The Gorilla X.
100 7757

The Afgani.
100 7758

Got some new pots coming. I was on a visit to a friends to check out his grow, and his new koi pond he's building in his back yard. I found his stash of net pots behind some bushes and tried to liberate 10 for myself, but was halted by the fact he was already short of pots to complete his pond planting scheme for the coming Spring. But being the solid buddy he is, he ordered me 10 x 2ltr net pots on his next order, I'll post some pix when he drops them off, shouldn't be long, said they had arrived, so just waiting for them to be dropped off, or I'll go and pick them up, which ever. Reason I've gone for the pots is so I can drop the rockwool from my grows, I feel better growing with things that are recyclable
and the rockwool is not. Still have bits floating around the yard from two years ago, they were green when they were dug into the soil, but they seem to want to hang around and not break down. So an alternative needs to be found. So that's it for now, keep tokin folks.

chemistry

chemistry

All the cuttings and Junior plants are all re-potted, the over spill has been passed on. Got the pots from my buddy, dropped them off yesterday morning. Just letting 5 the JH's fill these 2ltr pots with roots and that's them on there way to the flood and drain to grow on and scrog out in flower. The remainder will be moved from under the 400mh and moved over to the veg space, this will leave the five JH's to grow into the scrog.
A group pic.
100 7766

On the left tray, left side top to bottom is a Bubblelicous, Gorilla, Aurora Indica. The 3 next to them are all Juan Herer's. On the right tray is a JH, under that is a Afgani, the bigger plant in this tray is a Purple Bud, and the one under that is a JH.

100 7765

Think these will work well with the flood n drain trough.

100 7763

Guard dog. :badboy:

chemistry

chemistry

Plants are starting to fill the new pots, the fan leaves are starting to take off, big solar panels to gather bud making light. :) Thrips have returned. :mad: But they're controllable this time, so not so bad, just ordered more sticky cards.
The Group.
100 7768

Left side.
100 7769

Right side.
100 7770

And there ends another update. :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Just a quick pic of the plants from this morning, they've had a quick spray with Cannacure to upset any sun bathers this morning.:) Most of the plants have been topped to encourage more branches, the Bubblelicious has not been topped, as this is my next round of cuttings that will be brought on to scrog out in flower. The Juan Herer x5 are pushing roots through the pots, so it won't be long before they'll need all the space they can get. :)

The group.
100 7772

:smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Had to have a swap round due to shading, and had to add 2ml of Calmag (Agent) due to slight yellowing. Pushed up to 800ppm, but the plants showed a little tip burn, so backed off to 700ppm, they should be fine at that.
The Thrips are still having the odd
chomp after lights out, so I've ordered a sprayer that is a little more efficient at spraying the underside of the leaves, due to it having a lance instead of a spray nozzle. They are leaving, and it's non negotiable. :badboy:
The group.
100 7773

:cool:

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Had to have a swap round due to shading, and had to add 2ml of Calmag (Agent) due to slight yellowing. Pushed up to 800ppm, but the plants showed a little tip burn, so backed off to 700ppm, they should be fine at that.
The Thrips are still having the odd
chomp after lights out, so I've ordered a sprayer that is a little more efficient at spraying the underside of the leaves, due to it having a lance instead of a spray nozzle. They are leaving, and it's non negotiable. :badboy:
The group.
View attachment 860564
:cool:

Not sure how you feel about pesticides, seems to be a contentious subject.. and I may have already mentioned this somewhere in this thread so forgive me if I have, but monterrey garden insect spray is OMRI listed and it will absolutely annihilate thrips. Total devastation. And 1000% safe to use in Veg.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is it, been looking for an original Afgani for a while, but man have the become rare. Ever one says they have a cutt, but when you grow them out, you know right up that they're not the real deal. I'm keen to hang on to this cut, and produce some Afgani Black, but we'll see how it pans out. Should work out. And the plant smells like the old 80's black when rubbed between your fingers. :)

The other thing with true afghani landrace strains is they have odd environmental requirements and dont produce the same terpene profiles in indoor gardens usually. They are accustomed to growing at very high altitude with intense sunlight, but very cool, very dry climates. They do well with temps in the low 20's celcius and humidity about 30% with low feed rates. The last half of flower you can even drop the temp as low as mid-teens during lights on and they love it.

I haven't tried to grow afghani in a long time. Last time was early 2000's and it gave me nothing but problems because I had multiple strains and it just didnt like the warm humid climate the other strains did.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Not sure how you feel about pesticides, seems to be a contentious subject.. and I may have already mentioned this somewhere in this thread so forgive me if I have, but monterrey garden insect spray is OMRI listed and it will absolutely annihilate thrips. Total devastation. And 1000% safe to use in Veg.
Agreed. Contains spinosad, applied per directions, will take them out. Takes three or four treatments.

chemistry

chemistry

The other thing with true afghani landrace strains is they have odd environmental requirements and dont produce the same terpene profiles in indoor gardens usually. They are accustomed to growing at very high altitude with intense sunlight, but very cool, very dry climates. They do well with temps in the low 20's celcius and humidity about 30% with low feed rates. The last half of flower you can even drop the temp as low as mid-teens during lights on and they love it.

I haven't tried to grow afghani in a long time. Last time was early 2000's and it gave me nothing but problems because I had multiple strains and it just didnt like the warm humid climate the other strains did.

This is what I'm finding, on it's own the Afgani is spot on, but I grow mainly mixed strains, so it's had a fair range of growing conditions while I've had it. I plant on giving it a scrog of it's own when I get the others out of the way. lol I'm wanting that Qtr of black.

bsb

bsb

Hey bro simple as this, In hydro...1. Keep your shit clean- period, once a week waste that res...2. temp and ph...White roots =happy roots bro, I looked at your shit I might have seen like a miner/aphids/trips IDK I didn't read your shit...but you got some kinda bumps..on that bubbalious. Us a nicotine spray/cayenne/dishsoap, "when the lights are off"...waite about a half let that cool. How far are your lights ? You got some burn going on in the beginning of the thread at the top on those little guys, and you got some crazy as twisting to boot...So either ph or nute? Either way lock out bro ain't happy dude, fucken try some epson salt/Thrive alive green..I used us a pinch of green sand/rusty nail/little great white bro....and use a drop of super thrive/per gal and piss in the jug- use this once cuz if you don't the salt will build for your little guys the first week..LOL, use that to get that shock down in the transplanting...in bottom of my wick/ebb n flow...LOL, but you doing hydo so a fucken pinch dude...it don't take much in a ebb and flow..LOL, see what happens dude you got any questions hit me up @chemistry ..alright bsb out.. shit i should have read that shit first..LOL, you on point and did all the shit I said already...LOL, right on ...still got though!!! LLOLLOLOL

Last edited:
DrC21H30O2

DrC21H30O2

As predicted, the Critical Kush did not produce a lot. Half a gallon jar will probably be the end result. It still has a while to cure and finish drying out. It looks good, plenty of amber, around 40 percent amber and 60% clouded. So should be a good toke when it's done. Buds are the smallest I've ever had from a CK. The PPM meter going down at the start of the two week stretch did me no favours at all. It did a lot worse than the Afgani which just lost colour and stalled. The CK on the other hand freaked out, burnt, then defs. By the time it had spun it's self round it was so far behind it just never caught up. Some things you can sort, some you can't. But that's the thing about growing, even when you have it in a groove, things can still happen while your not looking. lol

The CK in a jar.
View attachment 855062
Sorry about the rubbish photo. Now the wait is on for the Afgani.
Have you checked for 'sider mites'?

chemistry

chemistry

The little cuttings are growing well now they have some good leaves on them. The mother plants are making some nice branches for some nice cutts, so all's well at the moment. Not seen a Thrip this week, been spraying once in the morning and once before lights out, I don't think it's the last time I'll see them though, but it would be nice if they were all dead. :)

The group.
100 7779

Next time I have a spare couple of hours I'll have to get the trough sorted, and get these 5x babies set free, thinking about taking the cuts from the Bubblelicious and putting that into flower with the 5x Juan Herer's to fill the flower space faster. :cool:

chemistry

chemistry

What a difference a couple of days make. :) All is well, and still no sign of the Thrips, although I've no doubt there will be one lurking some were waiting to mate. Another couple of days and these plants will need to be moved so they all have room to expand. Will have to get some fresh paint on the veg space and get it sorted out.
The Group.
100 7782

:cool::smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Still not had the time to sort the veg space, but it's on the cards. lol Plants are still cracking on, colours good, growth is good, and still no Thrips. :) These $10 a piece trays are working out ok, glad I there was only the two, or I'd have to build another bigger veg space. lol The troughs are ready to receive the 5x JH's, so looking forward to this grow, not done any flood and drain growing for a long while, maybe 5 years ago.
The Group.
100 7786

100 7787

:cool::smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers. Got a bit of spare time today, time to catch up with some jobs and hobby stuff. :) Hope to get the veg space sorted and get a coat of paint on it, and at least have the electrics in and working by the end of the weekend. The plants are still trucking on, no problems, only my lack of time. lol
On the left tray from top to bottom from the left are, the Bubblelicious, Purple Bud, and on the right side of the left tray are the Gorilla X, Afgani, Aurora Indica. If you can make them out. lol
100 7791

And in the right hand tray is the 5x Juan Herer.
100 7792

The roots are pushing through these pots now, hoping to have them free'd and into the flower space this weekend, so they can put a bit more root and leaf before flip.:)
100 7793

And that's a wrap.:cool::smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

Evening tokers and growers. The mini jungle is nearing it's peak, and no problems or defs. :)
I'm having a re-think about which plants to flower? I was going for a one strain scrog, but looking at the plants, they all seem to be around the same in growth, so maybe a mixed six plant scrog might be a better plan. If I flower 3 of the JH's I want, I could flower three of the others along side them. :cool:
The Group.
100 7794

100 7795

A bit more humidity. lol
100 7796

mixed apple wine.:party1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom