Smart Pots Feeding

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EatPizza

EatPizza

Hey all,
Switching to 5-7 gallon smart pots for my indoor spot. Better to set up a drip for feeding or just hand water with a wand. Only 24 plants.

Thanks all!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hand water, I like. Got to pay a lot more attention inside grow. And gives you quality time with your ladies.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I'm all about hand watering. Like diesel said it gives you time with each one to look her over & find any problems. I only have problems when I start getting lazy & I dont really get that chance if I dont automate anything (except lights & co2). You'll find on here that's usually what happens to most people. A small amount of neglect from laziness or just having too much to do & forgetting can become a big problem fast & really slow your grow.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I do prefer hand watering but yea there is merit for say a semi automatic system, one maybe where you physically open a valve .

Enforcer

Enforcer

IMO, hand watering 24 plants is going to become a pain in the ass. Plus, it’s almost impossible to achieve any consistency hand watering. What I mean is life happens and it will be difficult to be in there the same time everyday. Or multiple times a day if growing in coco. Automatic watering allows me consistency (multiple coco feeds a day) and time for me to work a full time job.

There is no way I could be in my flower tent 4 times a day to hand water. Especially since I run my lights at night.

D

dabarino

IMO, hand watering 24 plants is going to become a pain in the ass. Plus, it’s almost impossible to achieve any consistency hand watering. What I mean is life happens and it will be difficult to be in there the same time everyday. Or multiple times a day if growing in coco. Automatic watering allows me consistency (multiple coco feeds a day) and time for me to work a full time job.

There is no way I could be in my flower tent 4 times a day to hand water. Especially since I run my lights at night.

How do you handle run off in your tent while multi feeding?... or do you?

Dbear180

Dbear180

I handle run off in my room with a shop vac & a pump. Used to carry it out with 5 gal buckets but that got old real fast. I also bought a dehumidifier with a built in pump so I didnt have to empty that badboy by hand anymore either.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I just switched from 5gal to 7gal inside and I'm going back to 5gal just a thought for you. 7gal is just too much soil believe me.

Enforcer

Enforcer

The plants runoff drains to a small sump under the tent. That is pumped out once a day, to a small vegetable garden outside my grow room. Both the fresh res pump and the sump pump are on the same digital timer. It feeds 4 times a day for 2 minutes each. Then pumps out the sump once a day for 3 minutes. It all happens automatically at the same time of day, everyday.

D

dabarino

The plants runoff drains to a small sump under the tent. That is pumped out once a day, to a small vegetable garden outside my grow room. Both the fresh res pump and the sump pump are on the same digital timer. It feeds 4 times a day for 2 minutes each. Then pumps out the sump once a day for 3 minutes. It all happens automatically at the same time of day, everyday.
Do you have them sitting on a 4x4 flood table? And where exactly is the space for the sump I’m worried about not having enough height for a resivoir under my pots

Enforcer

Enforcer

Do you have them sitting on a 4x4 flood table? And where exactly is the space for the sump I’m worried about not having enough height for a resivoir under my pots
I built a platform to raise the tent up about 10” off the ground. The plants are sitting on panda film (waterproof layer, but you could use any plastic) on the floor. The tent is at a very slight angle. I channel the runoff to a 1” hole at the back of the tent, and it just falls into the sump.

Top Bottom