Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Smoking Dabs

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by heisenbubble, Jul 15, 2018.

1. heisenbubble

heisenbubble Moderator Staff Member

Ive searched and cant find nothing worth reading,I recently made some extract using alcohol using a bunch of left over trim i had,I ended up with about 8 bags and froze it all and than did the quick wash on 1 bag to see if it was worth doing.I ended up with alot from 1 bag.Im looking into this for my wife and she is pretty excited since i normally used all the shake to make brownies and shit but since all this new stuff is coming out i figured i would try it.
    Anyone recommend a good pen to put this in and be able to smoke it.I see alot of them for sale all over but want something good for her that isnt garbage.
    Heres what i got from 1 bag and ima do the rest tonight when i get home.

20180715_005454.jpg

GT21 likes this.
  2. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

Would you be interested in making an eliquid for an ecig like device? Or would you rather use it as is?

GT21 likes this.
  3. GrowGod

GrowGod BANNED! Supporter

Imho that is not smokable concentrate. Better to make edibles or something. 4816FA85-36B8-4F01-B8E1-585059F23033.jpeg This is dabbing grade concentrate.

4. @GT21 has an alcohol extraction thread thats pretty good.

GT21 and G gnome like this.
  5. heisenbubble

Looks pretty clear,I have seen it from clear to dark

GT21 likes this.
  6. heisenbubble

Is there a reason that makes it ot smokeble other than color?I'm just asking cause I dont know

GT21 and GrowGod like this.
  7. heisenbubble

As is

JWM2 likes this.
  8. heisenbubble

It was also made from mostly purple trim leaves,could that effect color?

45North and GT21 like this.
  9. We have used these for the last 3 years with great success. You have to be careful, just recently they came out with a plastic body which sucks. Had one we did not know was plastic, and it busted in the wife's purse. Not only did it make a huge mess; it wasted 3g's of good oil. Do yourself a favor go with the glass tube w/a steel base - unscrew the heater mount and look at the tube it screws onto, only there is the difference obvious; plastic vs metal.

If you want to mix it down, let me know and we can talk. I have been making my own ejuice from shatter for about 3 years and the process & quality is pretty consistent. I touched on the process on another post on this site, the same one you commented on about an hour ago.

https://triple7vaping.com/products/20-aspire-et-s-tank-glass-tube/
    upload_2018-7-15_20-37-59.png

We have used these adjustable batteries. I get mine from here. Yes i included the price. This vendor has been very good to us over the years. As you can see from the price, they are not out to make all of their profit on the initial sale. Over the years, they have won the bet of continued, dedicated patronage, they are good people and deserve the shout-out.

https://www.centralvapors.com/vision-spinner-ii-1600-mah/
    upload_2018-7-15_20-39-14.png

45North likes this.
  10. heisenbubble

Ok I will look at all that later when I get on my laptop

11. heisenbubble

Thanks

12. heisenbubble

What's your take on the color?is there really a difference.i cannot find other people stating any reason the darker color isn't smokable.i see it from different sides.the color isn't really that dark when I spread it out over white paper

13. Color has never been an issue for me. I have used everything from the very dark "Cherry Mahogany" to very gold sheets. In the end they all darken when placed in the pen tank and heat is applied. Even a freshly filled tank will only stay clear (amber) for a few hours of use. I don't clean out my tank between refills, i just add more when it gets to about half way down the window. After a few cycles, we figured out that draining the tank was wasting oil since it darkened anyway. On top of that i cook of the terps so that we can smoke in public without being told to put it away. These don't put out huge publicly offensive clouds of vape (which waste product in my opinion).

What i have found to be more important is clarity of the starting product. The more adulterant, the more often you will have to replace your heater coils.

Get yourself a small petri dish and smear the sample across the bottom and run a strong led light from the bottom and see what you see.

14. That is clumped up all in one, could be a good color, if it was spread out thin like shatter it would be another story. Dark color signifies either A) it was extracted from degraded material or B) was shoddily extracted. Technically qwiso or qwetho would be shoddy extraction, but the colder always the better. On every extraction technique involving solvents, coldest = best possible quality. Here is some indoor trim I processed (cls) extremely cold. Jacketed "dewaxing" column, and injected at -85f.

IMG_20180203_181533.jpg
    IMG_20180203_181525.jpg
  15. Does that hold true even with the darker leaf strains. I knew about the moisture issue and the need for a dewaxing column and suspected the age issue because i hear/read so much about "fresh flash freezing" of the material. Thanks for the confirmation.

16. No dark leaf strains don't matter as long as the extraction technique are on point. The trich color are what matter.

17. heisenbubble

I used frozen leaves and put alcohol in freezer,1 minute washes.
    Didnt plan on spending a fortune on equipment for some sweet leaves.just kind of experimenting.not selling this stuff it's just for my wife.

MirrorZen likes this.
  18. heisenbubble

The material was 1 day old trimmed leaves

MirrorZen likes this.
  19. G gnome

G gnome Moderator Staff Member

Did u run outta hundred dollar bills...?
    Haha

2toughtony and MirrorZen like this.
  20. Yes, even better, only had 1s. I was waiting for someone to say something.

2toughtony and G gnome like this.