So The Diy Undercurrent Begins

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

More water requires more dissolved oxygen.more warm air pumping into the system.get this bitch fired up bro I'm taking front row seat and center,popcorn and slurpee.lets get it on.

H

heisen

You gonna need about a watt of air compressor per gallon to get by 1.5 is perfect.im running 2 70l commercials in 45 gallons and I got some rediculous roots.

S

Shawnery

Not everyone is you or wants to do everything the same. Some people want to do things differently for no other reason but to lead their own path. That path may get me to the same place as you in the end or it may not but it will be mine. I sit on here and the internet and read, I would assume more than most, loads of information and opinions about what is right, wrong or just different.

I like to pull ideas from everywhere and the come up with my own design. It's simple really. Water flows through pipes, oxygen is added and nutes are feed to the roots. You can get there is a Porsche or you can get there in a yugo. I like to believe my grow setup is much like my car, a Kia Niro. The car does everything I need it to do even though it may not be as beautiful or as perfect as the Lamborghini.

If the only thing I do is use more water and nutes I'm ok with that. You really think 5 more gallons per container compared to last grow is the difference between a working system and failing?

S

Shawnery

I'm running 2 x 950gph 32w air compressors plus I'll be building a waterfall in the epi quich should help.

This is what I ran last grow and I think it was way to much telling from what it did to my roots. That was in water containers half the size with the same heat and air.

It's also possible le to run waterfalls in each buckets but not this go. I'll see how it goes this time and adjust.

H

heisen

Not everyone is you or wants to do everything the same. Some people want to do things differently for no other reason but to lead their own path. That path may get me to the same place as you in the end or it may not but it will be mine. I sit on here and the internet and read, I would assume more than most, loads of information and opinions about what is right, wrong or just different.

I like to pull ideas from everywhere and the come up with my own design. It's simple really. Water flows through pipes, oxygen is added and nutes are feed to the roots. You can get there is a Porsche or you can get there in a yugo. I like to believe my grow setup is much like my car, a Kia Niro. The car does everything I need it to do even though it may not be as beautiful or as perfect as the Lamborghini.

If the only thing I do is use more water and nutes I'm ok with that. You really think 5 more gallons per container compared to last grow is the difference between a working system and failing?
You got it man.tag me when u start your journal.
As far as making your own path looks to me like you copied that dude in the video with them airy ass plants in a double scrog that were barely 2 feet.would have lived to see his roots
Dont ever trust the advice of any dwc grower unless they show you the roots.alot of them try to hide the roots.thats where the magic happens and you will eventually get it.

H

heisen

All about them roots man,

20180520 234455

S

Shawnery

Like I stated, i found that video after you replied to my post stating it was a fail. I wanted to see if there were other grows out there using it. I literally found it out in a 5 minute search and I'm sure I could find many more.

Maybe you can't take other people at their word but my word is bond. I don't lie or bullshit or waste time. Others may believe I'm wasting time but that is never my point. If I tell you I designed it from people on hear and other research that's what I did, dgp thanks! Than again I changed a few things as well.

We may not see eye to eye but I respect everyone enough to be on the up and up in every way!

S

Shawnery

Totally about roots! Wouldn't those roots be happier with more space?

DGP

DGP

Shawnery,

I wanted to say I do understand the process of experimenting and the learning that comes from it. Your willingness to explore I can respect. I often learn best by bouncing off the walls and crashing into obstacles and I am not trying to be hard on you here. Sometimes exploring and even failing is a good experience. Not saying your design will be an utter failure but just commenting on the process and the benefits of the process itself.

Dee

H

heisen

Why?there roots in a bucket.they are not growing anymore.they have access to water oxygen and nutrients.once you flip to flower your roots are done.all your doing at this point is maintaining.
A big ass tote for a 4 week veg is retarded.
You do what u gotta do man.im along for the ride

H

heisen

I use to grow the same ones in 8 gallon buckets and saw NO Difference in the 4 gallon plants or the 8 gallon plants when the veg time was 4 weeks.

Think of it as 1 gallon per week of veg man.this is straight up shit.

DGP

DGP

Why?there roots in a bucket.they are not growing anymore.they have access to water oxygen and nutrients.once you flip to flower your roots are done.all your doing at this point is maintaining.
A big ass tote for a 4 week veg is retarded.
You do what u gotta do man.im along for the ride
Heisenbubble,

Do you ever trim any roots to avoid an occlusion of flow? Today I had one plant that was so dense the roots were going down the 2" lines. Because it is a self leveling system I suppose even if it is quite congested the system still balances but I wondered if it becomes much slower. The one I pulled out was shaped exactly like the bucket with two nubs the shape of the 2" lines! Talk about roots, dang the girl really packed out that bucket.

Dee

H

heisen

Yes man you have to cut the long runners in veg.i just pinch them all off right around 2 weeks and I'll reach in the last 2 buckets before the end line and double check.
I also use a 2 inch T and extend that line another 3 feet from the T.this gives the roots alot of room before the 1 inch return line.
My water flows good till chop always

DGP

DGP

You can see the extension at the end.this system.kills it man.i wouldnt change shit on it.

View attachment 815345
Yeah, my system is almost identical and I have run about 5 cycles of flower so far and am very pleased with the performance. It is so easy to run the system from a day to day perspective and the main thing I need to do is work on me as far as grower skill. I see a couple details in your system that I could use to improve mine, one is the two exits on the epicenter vs. one. The other is the 2" T extension for better flow.

Dee

H

heisen

Yeah, my system is almost identical and I have run about 5 cycles of flower so far and am very pleased with the performance. It is so easy to run the system from a day to day perspective and the main thing I need to do is work on me as far as grower skill. I see a couple details in your system that I could use to improve mine, one is the two exits on the epicenter vs. one. The other is the 2" T extension for better flow.

Dee
The 2 exits on the epi is crucial,I did another mock up design and watched the flow on both sides.its alot better than the t that UC uses off there epi.
The t gives on the epi can disrupt the flow on either side or the other.
The single best thing I did was the aquarium pump in the top off res.it runs low ass wattage but keeps my top off res crystal clear.i never have to clean it out anymore.its perfect for breeding beneficials with a room temp water.fukin ace in the hole.keeps my system clean ss faaaawk.
The roots on my PP right now would make shawn blush.i dont even wanna post a pic man they look so good.fans on the wifi are big as a banjo.crazy shit

DGP

DGP

The 2 exits on the epi is crucial,I did another mock up design and watched the flow on both sides.its alot better than the t that UC uses off there epi.
The t gives on the epi can disrupt the flow on either side or the other.
The single best thing I did was the aquarium pump in the top off res.it runs low ass wattage but keeps my top off res crystal clear.i never have to clean it out anymore.its perfect for breeding beneficials with a room temp water.fukin ace in the hole.keeps my system clean ss faaaawk.
The roots on my PP right now would make shawn blush.i dont even wanna post a pic man they look so good.fans on the wifi are big as a banjo.crazy shit

So, are you using an aquarium power head to mix the top off reservoir? Or, is it just a submersible running open loop stirring the water? If I remember correctly your using Hydroguard in the top off? Do you use photo plus or any other hydro compatible bennies?

Right now my indoor run is an experimental strain and I am relying on the outdoor run because I have 6 huge ass trees outside that have 4 more weeks of veg and they are already 6 feet tall and this pheno doubles or more after flip. Can't wait to see what they produce. Running organic with teas outdoors. This is the first outdoor run where I have seen this kind of size with trunks that are on the order of 4" diameter or bigger already.

Thanks,

Dee

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

You can see the extension at the end.this system.kills it man.i wouldnt change shit on it.

View attachment 815345

Could you pm me some more photos and information on this setup? I have been working on a dwc setup- I would love to have a conversation with you about it. Silly, but I want a 2 pot recirculating system for a legal tent grow at home and a larger hobby build at the new shop.

DGP

DGP

This system is using uniseals and not bulkheads...?
No, the ones pictured by Heisenbubble are aquarium bulkheads. The ones Shawnery is experimenting with are Uni-Seals. Some of the early discussion was around the use of Uni-Seals vs. Bulkheads. My choice and preference is CPR brand 2" Aquarium Bulkheads (available at Amazon) and if I have the cash I would buy the ones from a hydro store that are made by Current Culture because they never leak but they cost about 2X the CPR brand.

Can't remember who stocks them but the 2" and 3" BH fittings made by Current Culture are available online.

Dee

Top Bottom