So What If The Plants Do Stretch To The Light?

• Thread starter scottonfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scottonfire

I think it's inevitable. We flipped to late and my buddy is sucking on keeping all the numbers dialed in. SO what now? Got Girl scout cookies in DWC and looking to be bumping up against air cooled 1000 watt HPS lights. Got about 6 more inches to go.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ya it’s too late to go back in time and do it during veg when it’s ideal. If it’s between bending shit over or it roasting... do the LST now and cross your fingeez

Monster762

Monster762

I’ve never had an issue bending them all over the place at any stage of flower. I even broke a branch this time n the plant said” is that all you got “ n spit like 4 tops from it. And the dangling branch reached back up n didn’t even stall for real. If you got them thriving they’ll eat it up.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
and hopefully the "takeaway" from this lesson learned is start training sooner to manage your canopy and any anticipated stretch. Also helps to know the strain your running so you can plan for said stretch. And keep in mind when going dwc or any form of hydro the growth is much more explosive than soil runs and with that said it means you can flip sooner.

Start lst supercroppoing and bending and tying her down before she sets into full on stretch. Good luck and karma with your run!!!!!

Last edited:
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I agree but i feel it does, at least hypothetically, take away from yield a bit. I imagine it’s not that much tho and better than burnt rotted bud anyways lol.
I’ve never had an issue bending them all over the place at any stage of flower. I even broke a branch this time n the plant said” is that all you got “ n spit like 4 tops from it. And the dangling branch reached back up n didn’t even stall for real. If you got them thriving they’ll eat it up.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree but i feel it does, at least hypothetically, take away from yield a bit. I imagine it’s not that much tho and better than burnt rotted bud anyways lol.
Would agree, also limits chances of hermies as typically we want to avoid any stressors to the growth cycle once in flower. Key as we all know is get 99% of training done before setting to flower. Dude will learn as he goes...…..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I always bend plants during the second week in 12/12. They are vigorously stretching and respond the best at this time.

It has helped increase yields quite a bit compared to wasting time training in veg.

I have not seen plant reversal due to the bending and staking or even at supercropped branch sites.

However I have seen balls and nanners when pruning branches during 12/12 right where the cuts were.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I always bend plants during the second week in 12/12. They are vigorously stretching and respond the best at this time.

It has helped increase yields quite a bit compared to wasting time training in veg.

I have not seen plant reversal due to the bending and staking or even at supercropped branch sites.

However I have seen balls and nanners when pruning branches during 12/12 right where the cuts were.
That’s an interesting technique. Works with the strains your using. Again most good genetics can handle a lot of tomfoolery but I wouldn’t try that with more finicky strains myself. That’s interesting tho. I’ve heard of guys topping first week of flower even.. never tried but hey if it’s working for you.

Madmax

Madmax

I think youll find that all scroggers would b still bending 2 weeks in to flower to fill there screens out i reckon..
I agree also that you can increase yields .producing more individual colas..im outside but plants still respond the same..

Merry christmas from australia..:)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That’s an interesting technique. Works with the strains your using. Again most good genetics can handle a lot of tomfoolery but I wouldn’t try that with more finicky strains myself. That’s interesting tho. I’ve heard of guys topping first week of flower even.. never tried but hey if it’s working for you.

Lol. I have landed on growing mostly finicky diesel/ Thai seeds. They are my favorite. But I have used this technique with at least a dozen different breeders seeds. More if I include finicky s-1’s from elite plants I have traded for.

Plants don’t care if you bend them. Just cut them up too much in my experience.

They don’t even stop growing after being bent and can be pointing back up to the lamp In a few hours.

Like this

4C90D2BE 53B1 4FF4 9623 F07D3048C0B3
D704C74F 76D9 4EE9 8695 686B0F1F1225
1FEABC6B 6FF0 45B3 A745 13A766567421

Madmax

Madmax

I think they love it..specially how plants have there own stimulant called auxins.it makes them grow i think..i can bend peg my tips down and come back in a couple hours and they are like i didnt even touch them lol...

Latest posts

Top Bottom