Soaking Vs Dipping: Cloning Gel

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
stiffneck

stiffneck

Here's a super awesomw t8d bit for all you are cloner guys and gals. In over 5yrs of aero cloner, I've never ever see this awesomw growth on 10 different strains. All strains were cut, soaked, under same light, temps, etc. ALL 10 strains show pretty much same root mass growth. BUT all 10 almost look identical in growth and mass. In the past 5+yrs this has never happened.

What' my trick now. Adding 1.5ml dip n grow solution (20% dilution ratio) per my 2.5gal aero cloner. From now on, 1.5ml will go into my cloner every time fresh water or a new batch of clones goes in.

See pic below.

View attachment 767823 View attachment 767824

Wow! That sir is impressive!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Shit, I'm still surprised myself. Who knew? I would have done this yrs and yrs ago. What gets me us all 10nstrains exhibited the same root mass type of growth. Which means the 1.5ml of dip n grow to the 2.5g cloner had spectacular results.

We talked about doing this 2 yrs ago with a couple other cloner guys, but no one wanted to risk a cloners worth if clones if it went south

P

Pimples

Well of course, if someone has zero experience with something, how are they to know that? For a complete cloning noob like myself, for all I know, every piece of info on this page is wrong. But, I trust these guys to point me in the general right direction. I was simply asking whether anyone had more fortunate results with soaking their clones vs dipping, that's all. From what I can tell, it doesn't make a difference :D :D
I didnt mean to sound like a doucher. Just wanted to express my point that Ive used all the rooting hormones and they all do about the same. They help roots strike. Even the 5 dollar cheapo powder from Home Depot. That being said..I just buy a small bottle of Clonex gel at the hydro store (out of habit) about every 6 to 10 months. A little glob in a clean shot glasd every time I do a cloning round. Store the rest in the crisper drawer in my fridge. Water the cuts when the medium they are rooting in is dry with willow water. Sometimes with the pricey Canna Rhizotonic when I have the extra bucks. But really just a bucket of 3 or 4 inch green branch stubbs of a wilmow tree with a couple gallons of water poured in. Let it steep and soak for a couple days. Strain out the stumps and you have a natural rooting tonic that works great. Ive had friends fill up their aero cloners with this instead of straight water and its awesome from what they told me. Can you all believe after all these years I still never bought an aero cloner???. Used one once a long time ago though. Heard and seen they were kick ass. As long as water temps arent too warm. This time of year (colder weather) would be the time to use em i suppose. But I just do it the ole fashioned route with plugs of whatever..some hormone..dome and tray..spray bottle of water...heat mat and a touch of t5 light on 18 hrs a day. The key is super healthy well maintained mother/donor stock plants with clean disease and bug free branches. Ive even put extra cuts in a red dixie cup of water on a sunny window sill..and they take forever..but they root. Just change out the water every few days. The willow water isnt necessary though but gives the little cuttings that extra push towards becoming little plants like the momma.

Last edited:
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I didnt mean to sound like a doucher. Just wanted to express my point that Ive used all the rooting hormones and they all do about the same. They help roots strike. Even the 5 dollar cheapo powder from Home Depot. That being said..I just buy a small bottle of Clonex gel at the hydro store (out of habit) about every 6 to 10 months. A little glob in a clean shot glasd every time I do a cloning round. Store the rest in the crisper drawer in my fridge. Water the cuts when the medium they are rooting in is dry with willow water. Sometimes with the pricey Canna Rhizotonic when I have the extra bucks. But really just a bucket of 3 or 4 inch green branch stubbs of a wilmow tree with a couple gallons of water poured in. Let it steep and soak for a couple days. Strain out the stumps and you have a natural rooting tonic that works great. Ive had friends fill up their aero cloners with this instead of straight water and its awesome from what they told me. Can you all believe after all these years I still never bought an aero cloner???. Used one once a long time ago though. Heard and seen they were kick ass. As long as water temps arent too warm. This time of year (colder weather) would be the time to use em i suppose. But I just do it the ole fashioned route with plugs of whatever..some hormone..dome and tray..spray bottle of water...heat mat and a touch of t5 light on 18 hrs a day. The key is super healthy well maintained mother/donor stock plants with clean disease and bug free branches. Ive even put extra cuts in a red dixie cup of water on a sunny window sill..and they take forever..but they root. Just change out the water every few days. The willow water isnt necessary though but gives the little cuttings that extra push towards becoming little plants like the momma.
I do pretty much the same, simple plugs, dip n grow, a tray and a dome. No water temps to worry about or pumps failing, just keep it simple. Roots popping out in 5 to 10 days. I think the biggest factor is a "Healthy" donor Mother or Father.

M

Mikerobiolik

When it comes to any kind of powder you are definitely right :D I have good results just not with any kind of powder :D

I had the most reliable quota with plain tapwater and thats also what i run in my cloner. I barely use rooting agents. I have 10ml of clone gel and my aloe vera plant and i am running a test atm. Aloe works better than willow water.

-Aloe
-Gel
-Powder
-Tap Water

Each of them had soaked 24h in water with the rooting agent before they went in Eazy Plugs.
Powder batch is already dead, rest is about a week old and i will see which one will root fastest. Half of them had their stem scraped the other half not.

G gnome

G gnome

Was just curious for the future as I was told by a grower I know, that they like to make small cuts in the stem of their clones and soak em in the rooting gel for an hour. To be fair they have a great success rate with their clones, just wondering if anyone does this after previously only dipping and whether it made any noticeable difference in root growth speed/quality/volume?
If ur djplin em in cloning gel and puttin em jn a root cube arent they bathing in gel the entire time?

Here's a super awesomw t8d bit for all you are cloner guys and gals. In over 5yrs of aero cloner, I've never ever see this awesomw growth on 10 different strains. All strains were cut, soaked, under same light, temps, etc. ALL 10 strains show pretty much same root mass growth. BUT all 10 almost look identical in growth and mass. In the past 5+yrs this has never happened.

What' my trick now. Adding 1.5ml dip n grow solution (20% dilution ratio) per my 2.5gal aero cloner. From now on, 1.5ml will go into my cloner every time fresh water or a new batch of clones goes in.

See pic below.

View attachment 767823 View attachment 767824
Hell yeah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom