Soil Or Soiless?

• Thread starter Xan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Wow nice space you have. It is weird and it isnt. Marijuana pests are not from around here so inless we bring them in somehow they dont appear.

But outside we still got fruit flies and fungus gnats. And all the standard garden pests. Grasshoppers etc.

Amazing you can go in and out in the summer with no problems.

I change clothes and wash every time i enter my rooms. Im like a little kid again. I change into my pajamas.

I'm jealous.. In BC we have pretty much every marijuana pest in abundance. 2 spotted spider mite, root aphids, russet mites, fungus gnats, thrips, regular aphids,.. powdery mildew... and the list goes on.

Probably doesnt help that it was estimated that 1 out of every 6 houses in the Lower mainland BC was growing pot in the 90's-00's. Talk about a natural climate to breed in. Especially when you consider the mild wet climate and the fact that all the strains moved around like a fart in the wind.

If I had to guess I'd say that stat still holds true where I live currently.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm jealous.. In BC we have pretty much every marijuana pest in abundance. 2 spotted spider mite, root aphids, russet mites, fungus gnats, thrips, regular aphids,.. powdery mildew... and the list goes on.

Probably doesnt help that it was estimated that 1 out of every 6 houses in the Lower mainland BC was growing pot in the 90's-00's. Talk about a natural climate to breed in. Especially when you consider the mild wet climate and the fact that all the strains moved around like a fart in the wind.

If I had to guess I'd say that stat still holds true where I live currently.

That may be about to happen here with rec now legal.

Im staying inside for now.

We do have rampant pm i see in veggie gardens and mold is bad in our climate.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Yes too much carbonate is not good, but what I recalled was when using peat based media and low alkalinity source water, the peat can become naturally more acidic over the course of a couple months as the peat degrades and the buffer is depleted. It can help to use some chalk to add a bit of hardness to the water for a few feedings to rebuffer the media as the carbonates build up. IIRC. Gonna have to look into it again.

Top Bottom