Solenoid Valves

• Thread starter Papa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa

Papa

Supporter
I'm building an automated irrigation system and wonder if anyone has experience with different solenoid valves. I hooked up a Taco valve that I have, but it delays opening for 30 seconds while it charges. I'm looking for a valve that will open and close instantaneously with 24vac. I'm looking at the US Solid brand. 1/2" ips.

Does anyone have experience with these?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I'm building an automated irrigation system and wonder if anyone has experience with different solenoid valves. I hooked up a Taco valve that I have, but it delays opening for 30 seconds while it charges before opening. I'm looking for a valve that will open and close instantaneously with 24vac. I'm looking at the US Solid brand. 1/2" ips.

Does anyone have experience with these?
I know this is not what you're talking about but I just wanted to show this to you. You can pipe this right in runs off of a battery forever and has a nice array of settings down to a minute.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blue-Str...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJHW-tfhvtUCFQ34ZAodj0wCAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Papa

Papa

Supporter
I know this is not what you're talking about but I just wanted to show this to you. You can pipe this right in runs off of a battery forever and has a nice array of settings down to a minute.

Thanks dnewsome2. I'm using a Galcon controller for my application because I need to control valves and pumps down to the second.

Good aye mate! I run 3/4 rain birds through 1/2 in pipe to sphagetti lines works great. But you will need to run a relay.
Has not fail me even 1 time in a year and a half! Before I did this I water with a hose twice a day!

Thanks Paul. Diaphragm valves require pressure in the water line in order to operate, typically 10psi (although sometimes more or less). My application is pumping from a reservoir, so it doesn't have sufficient pressure to operate a diaphragm valve.

I'm looking for experience with 24vac, 1/2" solenoid valves commonly made by U.S. Solid, Redhat, and others.

Top Bottom