Solventless Rosin Extract Tek/pic Thread

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The above was done at 225, parchment paper only
Flower

Then 4 days later is buddered/waxed what ever you call it. Still good tasting. See 1st pic

I packed my 2.5x4.5 25iu baggie full with some hand trim last night and pressed it. Same color as my.dry ice extract rosin.

The RAW parchment paper in the pic is GREAT! Best paper I've used so far. I've tried 4 types/ brands.
2nd pic

20161213 211814
20161213 210753

D

dab science

My personal kief from my kief box. Looking at a good yrs worth of collect.

225* pressing
Kief (unknown micron size)
All top shelf strains
25iu baggies
70* ambient temps

Result was super shatter. View attachment 653107
I did some year old kief for a guy I know and It came out super shatter aswell to a point where it was hard to collect and alot of it shot every which way ... I also had a darker color to it

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I lost about .5g trying to collect it all. Put the parchment on my griddle on low for 15 mins. Softened it up so I could collect it. It's super super shatter. In 4yrs of making and smoking extract, not even any of my old bho was this shatter like.

I also ran some bubble hash as well. Next harvest, instead of doing a dry ice extract, I'm gonna do a bubble hash extract, wait for it to dry, then press the bubble.

M

magicmonkey

I am also getting similar results, using older keif and bubble.. Super shatter, but a darker color.. Is this good? Tastes alright, but sometimes I get stuff that doesn't melt, looks like hash, or burnt.. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, except maybe using too small a screen on my press.. I am using a 1.25x3.25" screen on a 3x5" press. Was hoping for more of a lighter color, easier dabed material.

F

FooDoo

After trying to press dry sift that didn't go well because of lack of moisture I also decided to order some bubble bags. I feel like moisture is needed to bond and ooze the extract (it's just a quick idea that hasn't been tested) . My sift was sitting in like 35% RH for awhile and pressed in the same RH.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Sad to say Im selling my press, plates, remaining 25iu baggies, and 2 rolls of raw paper to one of my clients. Although I LOVE rosin, processing ppls trim and flowers leaves nothing in the end. I barely break even. I don't even think I break even. I don't do charity work any longer. Back to bho it is.

Gonna press some Mob fuck flowers in a bit. I'll post up the results later.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Great info in this thread thanks everyone for sharing/posting that. I'm curious about storage and viability. How to store, where to store, how long will rosin remain viable? Currently storing in silicone containers in the fridge. All help appreciated...DD

whitebob

whitebob

hey guys I'm really interested in all this pressing you guys are doing... would someone be able to just give me a quick run through in what it is you have to do? what is it that you are pressing is it already extracted first or are you literally pressing flowers and collecting the ooze... i could probably google it, but experience is key and google doesn't make shatter or rosin,, you guys do!

whitebob

whitebob

hey guys I'm really interested in all this pressing you guys are doing... would someone be able to just give me a quick run through in what it is you have to do? what is it that you are pressing is it already extracted first or are you literally pressing flowers and collecting the ooze... i could probably google it, but experience is key and google doesn't make shatter or rosin,, you guys do!
i make my own bho which is always very good shatter consistency most of the time..

johnnybats

johnnybats

Hey, You can press anything, Bud,Bubble Hash,Dry Sift etc etc.. Its pretty much as literal as pressing the material and collecting the ooze ha
A rosin press is just two plates (at least one of which is heated) and hydraulic cylinder connected to an air compressor. A lot of people just use a hair straighter and finger clamp but people who want to be more serious about it buy a press.

johnnybats

johnnybats

Good work, can you tell me how many days you went in flower with this batch? And how many days tge darker stuff went from the post above?
Looks fantastic
Thanks bro!
Our Space Queen and Lemon Diesel are both 56 day plants so thats how long each was flowered for. I dont think darker oil signifies amber trichs if thats what your getting at? I get darker oil at higher temps or when i run trim, but higher temps dont always give me me a darker oil. Is that what your asking me? haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom