Some Sort Of Mildew Or Musty Smell From Coco?

• Thread starter JingglerHARD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JingglerHARD

Hey guys is it normal sometimes for coco to smell a tad mildewy ? I have been watering 3 - 4 times a day but its just basically a flush . Im growing outdoors but take 2 plants in at night cuz im flowering them. The pots are about 75% as big as a hydro pot a little smaller. I have been using Lemons and Limes to control PH. If its not normal anything I can do to combat the smell? Idk if they got infected from my shop vac but I noticed that smelled like mildew first so I got rid of it. 1 week later now the 2 plants in flower kinda smell its just the pots...

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

try to ease the plant from container,see if you have mold issues,if you do,try to get the h2o2 to fix it,me i would toss,mold aint nothing to play with,those spores can destroy you and all living things around ya

J

JingglerHARD

try to ease the plant from container,see if you have mold issues,if you do,try to get the h2o2 to fix it,me i would toss,mold aint nothing to play with,those spores can destroy you and all living things around ya
Dude the plants look absoultely beautiful I cant toss em is there no other way ??

J

JingglerHARD

Ok you dongglers today I did not water with phdown water via lemon juice and did not water 4 times. I watered 1 time and did a good flush..very good flush. Smell has gone away tremendously. Hmm...maybe I was overwatering? But I been following directions online most people water more then once a day when it comes to coco amI right??

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Possibly. I'm an organic soil guy , but from what I've seen and herd most people do water coco on average twice a day ,but could be a climate thing .....

J

JingglerHARD

Possibly. I'm an organic soil guy , but from what I've seen and herd most people do water coco on average twice a day ,but could be a climate thing .....
Ok as a organic farmer dont guys like you rely on mold?

And from what I learned online, mold actually helps break down matter into useable nutes in uptake form avaiable for the plant?.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Yes you are and aren't correct mold is good in a compost . The problem is when the mold takes over your growing medium .

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

just Like anything else you can have to much of a good thing bro.

J

JingglerHARD

just Like anything else you can have to much of a good thing bro.
maybe its just ur lemon juice getting funky....
Well I had to while they were sleepn take a examination of roots. So my roots where white AF stacked and looked great. I pinpointed the mildew smell to be on the top layer of the coco.. it was under my layer of perlite. So I removed the perlite, washed the pot, gently poked 1 mm deep holes on the top layer so air could get into the coco, then I cleaned my rooms floor with bleach and then with a spray bottle and a very very very light mixture of bleach n water I sprayed the top layer of coco very very lightly. I will re check everything in the morning. So far I think it smells better.

J

JingglerHARD

good deal man happy to see you figuring it out !!

Yeah dude I had too last night the smell shut down my garage I was just like fuck me in the ass hopefully today since the layer of perlite is removed the Sun will shine down onto the top layer and kill the smell for good. Im really hoping to kill this in the ass quickly cuz my plants are about to hit week 2 of flower and they are looking amazing Id die if I had to throw the 2 away..

Top Bottom