Something Went Terribly Wrong

• Thread starter Arrrora
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Arrrora

Arrrora

I haven't been making shatter for very long. I know when humidity hits the shatter it's all down hill. My room has very low humidity so I don't know how this could have happened. I have done 3 types in the past few days. One with Jolly rancher that came out great. Great white shark... And m39. This is the great white shark. It looked fine when I flipped it. When I flipped it I put the m39 in the oven with it. The great white shark was sticky and fresher than all the other buds I've ever used. Could that be my problem? Wet weed?
Something went terribly wrong

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I haven't been making shatter for very long. I know when humidity hits the shatter it's all down hill. My room has very low humidity so I don't know how this could have happened. I have done 3 types in the past few days. One with Jolly rancher that came out great. Great white shark... And m39. This is the great white shark. It looked fine when I flipped it. When I flipped it I put the m39 in the oven with it. The great white shark was sticky and fresher than all the other buds I've ever used. Could that be my problem? Wet weed?View attachment 718701
Do you freeze everything first?

Arrrora

Arrrora

No I didn't. I was trying to figure out what went wrong and I saw something about freezing. I wanted to look more into that.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hot days will make the extraction go diffrent, freeze everything first for a lighter colored extract.

Arrrora

Arrrora

The color is actually nice on the small spot that isn't a mess. Most of it looks like this and everywhere else is cloudy. I'm not worried about the color. I'm worried about why this happened so it won't happen again.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

just wondering why would u freeze if u blasting how cold does that gas come out as would that not in return freeze every thing??

I get it when making iso the alc is not going to be cold unless put in the cooler

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Cold helps minimize lipids, waxes, and chlorophyll.

Same reason why some cls have a dewaxing sleeve to put dry ice in to make it super cold.

Arrrora

Arrrora

The temperatures in the vacuum oven I used was 96 and then when I put the m39 in with it I raised it to 105 because the m39 is rock hard and bubbles don't like coming out of it easily.

Do you think my extraction temperature could have been to high? I found the butane cooled the water a lot so I raised the temperature on that.

Exactly what I thought. I haven't looked into it yet. I use a closed loop extractor and the butane freezes the tube so much that it's hard for me to hold it to take it apart. I don't see the point in freezing.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

The temperatures in the vacuum oven I used was 96 and then when I put the m39 in with it I raised it to 105 because the m39 is rock hard and bubbles don't like coming out of it easily.

Do you think my extraction temperature could have been to high? I found the butane cooled the water a lot so I raised the temperature on that.

Exactly what I thought. I haven't looked into it yet. I use a closed loop extractor and the butane freezes the tube so much that it's hard for me to hold it to take it apart. I don't see the point in freezing.

that burn suckkkkksssss soooooo bad

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'd say take a look at the many blasting tek on here and skunkfarm.com. You must use a holder or pot holder to hold the unit while feeding the tane or you'll get a freeze burn.

It's one of the safety things you should have read about before blasting.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I'd say take a look at the many blasting tek on here and skunkfarm.com. You must use a holder or pot holder to hold the unit while feeding the tane or you'll get a freeze burn.

It's one of the safety things you should have read about before blasting.
can not hit the like button enough

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

@DemonTrich have u seen people blasting with a 2lt bottle?

Arrrora

Arrrora

I just looked at the m39 and it has the same spots. I ran the m39 a week ago and this didn't happen. I actually had the m39 at a higher temp in the vac oven last time so I'm going to eliminate heat on this problem.

I'm going to check the moisture filter on my pump the pulls the butane out. And rerun if tonight or tomorrow and hope for the best.

My equipment is secured and fine. I don't need anything else. It's when I remove the tube from the chamber and take it apart that I need to hold it. It's a 3 part tube. I normally grab a paper towel to hold it... But that has nothing to do with what happened here

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I just looked at the m39 and it has the same spots. I ran the m39 a week ago and this didn't happen. I actually had the m39 at a higher temp in the vac oven last time so I'm going to eliminate heat on this problem.

I'm going to check the moisture filter on my pump the pulls the butane out. And rerun if tonight or tomorrow and hope for the best.

My equipment is secured and fine. I don't need anything else. It's when I remove the tube from the chamber and take it apart that I need to hold it. It's a 3 part tube. I normally grab a paper towel to hold it... But that has nothing to do with what happened here
how do u check the filter? what are u looking for?

Top Bottom