Sony Alpha A350 14.2MP Digital Camera 18-70mm Lens

• Thread starter manicgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Let me start by saying that I dont know much about cameras.I was looking at this camera and wanted to know if any of you know if this is a good camera.Im gonna be using it for canna-pics and my wife loves taking pics.Also what would I need to get with this camera to take close up bud shots(macros) of resin heads?Thanks in advance !:smiley_joint:

hubcap

hubcap

does it come with a lens, too, for $800usd?

if so, thats a decent deal for a 14+MP dslr camera.

canon/nikon bodies alone easily clear $1k for 14+MP

while im not familiar at all with sony cameras....
they invented digital technology as we know/use it today so, in that aspect, id assume it would take decent enough images. (depends heavily on image processor tho....canon/nikon are known to be the better ones)

lemme ask u this...
are u avid photog/photoshopper?

terms like RAW...TIFF....JPG mean anything to you?

only asking before i get too in depth... i wanna know more on what yer skills are.

taking macros is ez with a good camera/lens/lighting but taking images is as complicated as one wants to make it......

-hubcap-

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the response Hubcap!I remember you from IC and glad you mad it over to the farm.I got the camera with lense for $600!It was a display model at a camera store(wasnt removed from glass display).As far as what I know....I know I love taking pictures of my plants but besides that I know nothing about photography.I want to learn though.Thats part of the reason I wanted to get a nice dslr.........

hubcap

hubcap

great deal on the cam.
im not familiar with it tho....

does it have its own macro setting? (usually a flower icon, ironically)

this is a setting that will be most helpful.
also good lighting is very important.
and so is a mono- bi- tri-pods....

did the camera come with editing software....

-hubcap-

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, it has a flower icon.I also have a tripod for it.It didnt come with the software or box(part of the reason it was so cheap).Do I need to buy a special lense to get the up close macro shots?

hubcap

hubcap

for solid, crisp pix of trichs up close, a macro lens, imo, is the best way to get great macros.

sure you can do it without a lens...
but....
if youre spending good money on a camera body....
spend it on the lens, too. makes better images anyways.

might wanna try an download photoshop elements or score a full version off someone.......
editing software helps....

just play around and get a feel for it......

-hubc ap-

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool!Thanks for all your help Hub!

Top Bottom