Sos Over Dry Harvest....

• Thread starter Brazloko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brazloko

Brazloko

so i chopped 6 white widow plants last Saturday,then been up side down in my closet in the
dark,75f temperature 50%h ......yesterday i put some buds a jar and humidity was 75% so i took it out and left the alone,today i get home from work and the fell dry i put buds in the jar again and humidity was 50% , this is what i like usually when i am done curing ,some where around 50% to 55%, but if the are already at 50% i wonder if cure then will do any improvements as taste and potency,i also wonder if i should re hydrate then with bovida 62 and then slowly cure then down to 55%, any advice and ideas will be very appreciated,

thank you in advance ....

Monster762

Monster762

so i chopped 6 white widow plants last Saturday,then been up side down in my closet in the
dark,75f temperature 50%h ......yesterday i put some buds a jar and humidity was 75% so i took it out and left the alone,today i get home from work and the fell dry i put buds in the jar again and humidity was 50% , this is what i like usually when i am done curing ,some where around 50% to 55%, but if the are already at 50% i wonder if cure then will do any improvements as taste and potency,i also wonder if i should re hydrate then with bovida 62 and then slowly cure then down to 55%, any advice and ideas will be very appreciated,

thank you in advance ....
Ah no good. 75 is high for temp and 50 rh is a little dry. You were probably dry after about 4 days at that set. I’m still trying to perfect it I think cooler like 60 and 60% humidity should put at about a week to dry. Any faster and that hay like smell n taste is locked in. Rehydrating will not fix it. You can mask it some by rehydrating with grapefruit peel. But there is also a lot of chemical processes that don’t get completed in that time.which will show in the potency Slow as possible dry without mold. Cool n dark.

Enforcer

Enforcer

You can put a few freshly plucked fan leaves in the jar or even a piece of lettuce.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
55% humid, 65-68F let hang till branches snap.
204847B0 E744 4877 873C DBC695F44D03
Boneyard

Glassdub

Glassdub

Necroposting but I moved my cut from paper bags to turkey bags & after sitting about 17 hours they are only reading at 50-54% worried I over dried, sure smells better than the first crop though. 🤷‍♂️

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Your goal is 62-65% RH. When drying it’s better to go slower than faster. Once you hit the 70% mark you should be burping only when it needs it. You will need a hygrometer and you need to keep it dark the whole cure

Glassdub

Glassdub

Your goal is 62-65% RH. When drying it’s better to go slower than faster. Once you hit the 70% mark you should be burping only when it needs it. You will need a hygrometer and you need to keep it dark the whole cure
Yeah, I know this but I'm using The paper bag method:
Adding the hygrometers in the turkey bags when I filled them late yesterday, I hear it takes at least a full day to get an accurate read so I'm hoping it will go up. 🤞

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Your close.

If you come from colder temps to warmer room temperature they will sweat and increase the humidity some.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Your close.

If you come from colder temps to warmer room temperature they will sweat and increase the humidity some.
I keep the house cool, the grow room is the warmest but the bag temps are 63-66 F currently.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

If your at 54% and temp at 66 degrees.

Try increasing the temperature to 72 or even higher and check the humidity.

A higher temperature will show a higher humidity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom