Soul Assassin Crew Cut # 3 breeding

• Thread starter wiklund
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wiklund

Hello!

I'm thinking of crossing my OG kush, Soul Assassin Crew Cut # 3 to make seeds. I just can not decide what I shall cross it with. My suggestions are:
Dna Genetics LA Confidential
The cali connection Bubba kush BX2
The Next Generation Dynamite
Serious Seeds White Russian

Which of the above, you would think would be the best mix with my Soul Assassin Crew Cut # 3?
Or do you have any other suggestions?

Kind regards M

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

With none of those options being landrace, or even stabilized, I would use none of them personally.

Choose a landrace strain if you absolutely have to cross an unknown hybrid mutt like OG Kush. Find one that shares similar physical characteristics foremost, and then choose based on grow environment secondarily.

Get some books on breeding (Greg Green, DJ Short, R.C. Clarke) and start reading. It's not such an easy thing when you really think it through.

Illmind

Illmind

cali and their names. sheesh. remember tom cruise lol. what couldn't get the snoop dog or the game cut? j/k

D

DoubleDub

Yo ill mind please say on topic...

everyones gunna have their own opinion on this and youll prob get a million dif ideas but heres what i say...

Theres a few things you must consider when choosing a dad.

First thing is how much work/time do you plan putting into your cross and how consistent do you want your seeds to be? If you choose a dad who genetics are very different from the mom your offspring will be just that... very different There will be a huge variation in pheno types. Most likely it will take about 30-200 seeds to find the best possible pheno.. and even then it may need a few more generations to hone and breed in the traits you want. Plan on spending at least 2-3 years on a hybrid of plants that are completely different from one another. with that said, a cross of this nature isn't necessarily a bad thing. if you have the time and the resources you can essentially cross and choose the traits you want to breed with and infuse from any two strains. Or if your just after a new cut you could easily grow out 100 seeds and find that one pheno you love.

If you choose a dad whose genetic make up is similar you wont be making a completely new strain but could easily bump up the yield a little and still retain flavor..

Also another thing to keep in mind is that you should always use a dad whose sisters were as good or better than you expect your final cross to be. A cross will never magically get better than its parents.. if you use a shitty strain to make the cross youll end up with a shitty strain in the end. you should pick a dad from the best possible stock.

personally im gunna have to disagree with detroit. Any landrace you can find nowadays is going to differ in genetic makeup much more than the crosses you named. also most landraces available are of poor quality. I would take advantage of the 60+ years that growers have spent hand picking the best of the best and cross it with a high quality strain of similar genetics.

It seems like you have the right idea. I think that a bubba dom hybrid would be a strong candidate for your situation.

LA Con is a bubba cross and would probably produce decent offspring. Keep in mind that la con is not a huge yielder.. this strain is unlikely to increase your yield.

CC bubba is another strong candidate.. I may be wrong, but I dont believe this stock has auto/hermie issues and do know that swerve used a good bubba cut to make that cross. also a small yielder though. If you choose the right dad, this cross will add crystal content, pass on a good smell, and maybe a few purple hues

If your going for a bubba cross though I would definately use motas double koosh! they are readily available and will pass on the same bubba dankness that most bubba crosses have. check out the pics in motas forum

Ive grown a select white russian from clone and can tell you a little about it. Its yield is really good. Probably 1.5-2 per light. It packs crystalls on like a mofo. its a little tricky to trim but not bad. The high knocks you the fuck out! couchlock to the max. I hated it. Also the smell is kinda weird.. nothing like a good kush... I did not keep this strain around and personally would not use it unless you plan really working with this strain.

Other good one to check out are sunsim's sunsour6xchem4. It smells a lot like og/chem and yields a little better. These should be coming to the farm but will probably get bought out pretty quick. Pm me if you wanna know where to get em right now. I did end up with a few very minimal hermies but many of the females didnt hermie at all. honestky all chem crosses are likely to hermie.. if all you want is a new cut and your own cross than i would definately consider this route.

Also if you can get any of top dawgs white or chem crosses those would be good candidates too. Ive heard and seen goos stuff from these.

also emerald mountain seeds can be bought medicinally in cali... I honeslty think that these guys have better dank than 90 percent of the seed stock online. if you get your hands on a pack i doubt youll be disappointed.

its all a matter of selection. pick a good dad and youll get a good cross!

C

Calicannabiseed

I think the best would be to use a Landrace. I like Hindu Kush from Sensi Seeds, or Afghan #1

420king-MASSES

How about a purple sfv og kush males pollen would that work for ya wink wink knudge knudge

johnursery

johnursery

if ur using a cut then theres no way of knowing how stable it is, i would think the best approach would be to cross it with a landrace thats been inbred and stabalized like hindu kush, afghani or durban then youll know what traits your clone passes to the offspring because you already know what to expect from those strains...or maybe self your clone and inbreed it till its stable then breed it with other hybrids...whatever u do good luck with it, peace

D

DoubleDub

yo john but don't you think overall that would produce a strain of lesser quality than the cut hes starting with? I mean the sa3 cut is pretty fuckin dank is pretty hard to beat that..

Also i dont think stability would be a problem unless he plans to sell the seeds.. you may end up with a hermie or two but honestly with thtat cuts it's unlikely.. i guess it just depends if you plan on selling the seeds or not.

If what your after is a dank ass new cut that can hang with og a landrace is unlikely to do that.

johnursery

johnursery

yo john but don't you think overall that would produce a strain of lesser quality than the cut hes starting with? I mean the sa3 cut is pretty fuckin dank is pretty hard to beat that..

Also i dont think stability would be a problem unless he plans to sell the seeds.. you may end up with a hermie or two but honestly with thtat cuts it's unlikely.. i guess it just depends if you plan on selling the seeds or not.

If what your after is a dank ass new cut that can hang with og a landrace is unlikely to do that.

i dont think the strain would be lesser quality persay but we cannot just assume that the clones trichome coverage or potency are dominant expressions, if u cross a polyhybrid with another polyhybrid u r not gunna automaticaly see the best of both parents, ur gunna see all types of traits from there heritage and some of the undesirable traits may be dominant which could be why its clone only?

and if he crosses it with an IBL he will get good hybrid vigor and more stability these are just my thoughts, theres lots of different lines of thought on breeding

G

gerardbutler79

Hello!

I'm thinking of crossing my OG kush, Soul Assassin Crew Cut # 3 to make seeds. I just can not decide what I shall cross it with. My suggestions are:

Which of the above, you would think would be the best mix with my Soul Assassin Crew Cut # 3?

Kind regards M

Sac #3 is a low yielding, vigorless, and difficult to dial in cut. I think if you have access to old stock of white russian that'd be your best bet. I know nothing of Dynamite so can't comment on that. Good luck.

W

wiklund

Sac #3 is a low yielding, vigorless, and difficult to dial in cut. I think if you have access to old stock of white russian that'd be your best bet. I know nothing of Dynamite so can't comment on that. Good luck.

Hi!

I only got the new stock of white russian. I still like it, but hate the taste and smell. But overall a deasent plant with killer stone if you asking me.

Kind regards M

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Regarding what DD said about Emerald Mountain Seeds - their Royal Kush ( Purple Kush x Sour D x Afghani ) = Fuckin' DANK!! great yield indoor, not so great outdoor though.

plantevil

plantevil

i am actually planning on popping some of my s.a.c. #3 seeds and was planning on pollinating it to see what i come up with. my choices are between pre98 bubba bx2(lol) and eisbaer from alphakronik(the white x Snowdog bx). i really liked the idea of the pre98 bubba because its also known to turn purple and would keep the purple trait in the offspring. and i believe i read somewhere the swerve used an afghani #1 to cross with the pre98 bubba before backrossing it which also turns purple with cold temps. dunno yet maybe ill pollinate one bud with bubba and another bud with eisbaer? btw thanks double dub for the descriptive post that was very informational for a beginner like myself

W

Wingman420

Hello!

Kind regards M

Matthew Riot is working now to release his Soul Assasin Crew #3 cut to a frost machine of Pre 98' Bubba Kush so I would go from there

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
There are crosses that have phenos that are better than either parent. That is the very reason hybrids got started with plants and livestock. There are cannabis strains known for achieving this. Original Haze being one of them.

Make some crosses with what you have and see what happens. While doing that you could make one with a landrace too. The real work is in growing the seeds you make and hopefully get some good usable smoke from them and maybe find a keeper along the way.

The best thing to try is reverse that OG soul assassin cut and make s1. Then you have a really good chance of having some seeds that will produce something similar. So you then will have the potential of preserving the genes of a cut you like.

A packet of seeds is a packet of confidence that you at least won't totally lose the genetics if a keeper cut dies or losses vigor.

Illmind all these names are driving me nuts too. LOL!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Oil change Kush, In & Out Kush lol

Just cross it and grow it. All the planning in the world will do you nothing till you hit it up. Cross it to all the above stains and grow them out. Find you a winner.

Yall act like every good strain out there is held to some high standard in some crazy breeding program. Shit c99 was bagseed.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

I was comeing in here to say none of those are worthy of sac#3 but I see tabor was already hinting towards that already, get some sac#3 s1s going... Az

D

daddymexbricks

Sac#3 ain't that great IMHO.. Get a better og cut then do ur work! Higher yielding more vigorous og cut.... Tahoe,sfv,ha,etc,etc..... Just my 2 cents!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom