Sour Diesel 11 weeks

• Thread starter Crazy Composer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phoenix

"phoenix,

I don't do the amber trichs thing. To me, it's as simple as looking at the bud and being honest with yourself. Ask... 'is this really as ripe as it could be?'. A bud will go through a few stages at the end of flowering. The pistils begin to die off, and the calyxes attatched to those pistils follow suit by swelling up. There's nothing more these swollen calyxes can do but sit and get older. The trick is catch the buds when the majority of the pistils have died and the calyxes have swollen (you'll rarely have to wait so long that every calyx has swollen).

But... every plant ripens differently, so it's all up to the grower. For example, Chemdog #4 will continue to throw pistil almost indefinitaly, even though it's probably ripe enough at about 70-80 days.

FFA will look ripe enough at day 60, but can easily benefit (in taste) from 70-77 days of flower.

A general rule of thumb for me is... NOTHING is done before 60 days. Even plants like C99, that so many people think is done at day 50-55, isn't what I'd consider done until at least 60 days. If you don't like the taste of C99 after 50 days, then you proably just don't like the taste of ripe Cindy.

Another determining factor for me is... smell. An unripe bud can smell nice, but a ripe bud smells like SMOKE ME NOW! This comes with experience. Trust your nose. "

Thanks for the reply CC.
i must admit i think pretty similar,so many dont let things go long enough,u wouldnt eat a green bannana.
Trichs and their colour are subjective,ie
it whats you want thats attractive.Early or late.

It would definatley seem that to know a strain having run her many times or years is more helpfull than going by some sort of industry standard.
You seem to have the sd dialled in perfect.
well done mate,great pics too.

A

Anthonym1911

Hello Farmers!

This is my first thread here. I enjoy looking at and sharing pictures of killer weed. :) Some of you might already know that. :)

This is the Sour Diesel clone at 77 days (11 weeks) and ready to harvest. I like 11 week Sour because it's got a long-lasting high, and the taste is about right where it needs to be. Many folks complain about Sour not keeping them high for long enough. To them I say... try letting it ripen for real and see what you think then. ;)

Sour Diesel is a staple variety in my garden. I haven't been without this clone since I got it, about 6 years ago.

When treated well, she can yield commercial amounts of high-grrrrrrrade pot. Best of both worlds there. The plant these buds came from yielded 5 ounces in just 3 gallons of soiless medium (Pro-Mix). She was fed with FoxFarm nutrients and ammended a few times with Budswel guano tea fro the Guana Company out of Humboldt Co, Ca. Good shit, literally even! hehehe

Peace, good will,
cc
My problem is that my amhurst sour diesel under a 400 watt metal halide light before i switched to 12 &12 it was about 15 inches and i tied all the branches to control the stretch and yes they grew mostly outwards but only 19 inches final height. Now there were a couple things that happened in veg that might have shocked it somewhat such as it was pulled by someone who was mad at me but it didn't do to much damage and one of the times i fimed the top for the first time it wound up not taking so that slowed me down alot. So to get to the point i dont no why it didnt grow alot more as i was expecting. I flowered it at 15 inches because all the research told me how much they stretch.

20161229 140621
20161229 140651
20161229 140635
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hello Farmers!

This is my first thread here. I enjoy looking at and sharing pictures of killer weed. :) Some of you might already know that. :)

This is the Sour Diesel clone at 77 days (11 weeks) and ready to harvest. I like 11 week Sour because it's got a long-lasting high, and the taste is about right where it needs to be. Many folks complain about Sour not keeping them high for long enough. To them I say... try letting it ripen for real and see what you think then. ;)

Sour Diesel is a staple variety in my garden. I haven't been without this clone since I got it, about 6 years ago.

When treated well, she can yield commercial amounts of high-grrrrrrrade pot. Best of both worlds there. The plant these buds came from yielded 5 ounces in just 3 gallons of soiless medium (Pro-Mix). She was fed with FoxFarm nutrients and ammended a few times with Budswel guano tea fro the Guana Company out of Humboldt Co, Ca. Good shit, literally even! hehehe

Peace, good will,
cc
Foxy lady

MiMadman

MiMadman

My favorite. ...both cuts of diesel ive had were straight killer smoke. Yield wise, bag appeal, etc u name it. Liked the FFA i sampled to...very tasty like giesel. The ECSd and original Diesel...are different plants. But some of best genetics on this planet... love me some stretchy long leg woman. Thx for sharing CC...

Brazloko

Brazloko

how and how long do you flush this strain? whit is the week of your last feed ?

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Hello Farmers!

Peace, good will,
cc
That’s some nice fat nugs man :)

Top Bottom