Sour Diesel and (harborside)Chem 91' scrog, 600hps,H&G nutes

• Thread starter M.S.T.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Hey all, just thought I'd show a brief rundown on current op that is 4 weeks into flower. !3 plants, 8 sd cuts from friend, and 6 Chemdog 91' from harborside. 600w nextgen digital 600 hps hortilux super. 2'x3' tray, ebb n flow, 20 gal res. 4"x4" grodan cubes in emily's pots surrounded by hydroton. 3.5'x3.5' scrog. 24" away from light. Air cooled reflector w/glass. Fresh air from outside. No CO2. House and garden nutes. I am following the aqua flakes chart w/ all additives at 75% of directions. First time with those nutes after switching from GH just to check it out. Let me tell ya, shit is expensive. If it is worth it's weight or not? I'll let you know. GH is easy and cheap w/ good quality in my opinion. Anyway, here are pics hope you like them. By the way, all criticism is welcome, I always have room to learn, especially photography.:cool0041:

Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes
Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes 2
Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes 3
Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes 4
Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes 5
Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes 6
Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes 7
Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes 8
Sour diesel and harborsidechem 91 scrog 600hpshg nutes 9
J

jimbaloo

looks good man, i just cut down some of the chem '91 from hhc...seems legit. lookin forward to seeing how your run goes!

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Thanks, tomorrow is day 29 and a res. chng. I dropped the multizen at day 22 and started adding the bud xl. Tomorrow I will drop the root excel., and start to add the top booster. I will also clean res and do a midcycle flush for the medium before I add new nutes. I will post some more pics. I am experimenting with some things as well. Like I said this is the first time I have used all the H&G nutes. It is the second time I have trusted someone I don't know first hand for cuts. That being the 6 from harborside. Last time I tried some headband from craigslist. I guess it was kind of naive, it was not 707, that is for sure, alright yield but not very stoney. I also got a sour grape clone from coffeeshop bluesky (oaksterdam U cut). I will grow it out to mother some cuts. We shall see, I would love to prove that some of these club strains are legit and killer. Thanks for stoppin in. I have been sleeping better since posting on this site. Some where to transfer that grow energy and hone my patience.

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

New Pics

What's Up, yesterday was day 29 for theses ladies, medium got a good flush before cleaning res and adding fresh nutes. I addeed Top Booster and dropped root excel. as per H&G feed chart. I didn't realize, but the TB is only a one time additive just for this res chnge(wk 5,dy 29-35) to trigger natural aggresiive flowering and adds iron mid way to keeps foliage green. We shall see? I cleaned any funky leaf underneath and hacked some small stuff that wasn't going to reach canopy for a nice clean under growth allowing plenty of airflow. Whole room got a good wipe and sweep as well. Cleaner the better. Remember this room is built in my bedroom, in my (2 bedrm)apartment with 4 cats, 3 dogs, 3 snakes, 2 lizards and a turtle.
So here are pics, I tried to show separate shots of each strain. The sour diesel is a friends cut and is so far one of my favorites I always include more plants of this than any other to ensure I get something I like, but I would love to find a strain that imo kicks its ass. That is why I always throw something else in with it. We already know Chemdog 91' and sour diesel are close in genetics if not the same just renamed. You can see that when grown next to each other. It is very hard to tell the two apart. Which means the Chemdog is holding it's own. :anim_52:
I am also thinking about using molasses or a carb load during flush. I have never done that before. If anyone has experience or advice (pros & cons) let me know. Ever heard of using 100% fruit juice for sugar content? Such as apple.
Any good advice on mothering a plant? Trying to keep them short. I have picked four clones of different strains to mother for my next grow to test strains from different clubs.
Chemdog 91'
DSCN0867.JPG
DSCN0868.JPG
DSCN0869.JPG
DSCN0870.JPG

Sour diesel
DSCN0872.JPG
DSCN0873.JPG
DSCN0875.JPG
DSCN0876.JPG
DSCN0876.JPG
DSCN0877.JPG

Full garden
DSCN0879.JPG

Undergrowth :party0033:
DSCN0880.JPG
DSCN0882.JPG
DSCN0883.JPG
DSCN0884.JPG

winta

winta

nice and neat! one of the underneath pix looks like a glass design lol

P

pucker

Love your grow...I might have overlooked it but how long were they vegging prior to flower ?

I'm looking to try a small scrog grow myself

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

I vegged for almost 21 days, a little too much, was waiting on one slow grower to hit screen. I wold go no more than 14 days if you have a strain that likes to stretch as these.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Nice job buddy, it looks like you are going to have a room full of good stuff soon. I have been hearing all sorts of things lately about the different things to flush with, I would think that it would be fun to try juice and whatnot, but I also grow in boxes and I would never risk an entire crop on flushing it with something that does not complement it well. I also grow sour diesel, and from my experience the original berry sweet from botanicare works very well, so I assume it would also do great for the chem. Just my opinion and you know they are like assholes right?

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

I would never risk a whole crop either. Would be fun to try on one plant somehow. Maybe a dwc bucket or something. Nothin wrong with a-holes, they do their job, as long as they are not in your face all day. I appreciate your opinion.

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Day 36 new pics

Like the title says. Day 36, I changed the res today, made it through the top boost and still nice and green. Very slight curl on leaf tip. Added the shooting powder. I have used this before and always go light. I use 1/4 sack in a 20 gal res.. I decided to go w/ GH Flora nectar, carb boost. It is derived from cane sugar, molasses and malt extract. I have also raised the light one link on my chain to try to prevent any bleaching, fox tailing or slowing of production. I might be able to get one more link out of the chain but my space is limited, and I don't want to pinch my ventilation. I'm sure it will be fine, just precautions. The 600 is arond 24" away. Here are the pics. Tried to take some with flash to show some tru color. A heads up on my other projects which will become individual journals eventually. I have four clones from clubs I am going to mother and run for a quality test. I also picked up a TCC mixed pack. Popping the smallest three to start. When I say that I mean 12 out of the fifteen were huge and there were 3 smaller ones. I think that sums it up for this week. Enjoy!
Sour Diesel Day 36
DSCN0923.JPG
DSCN0924.JPG
DSCN0925.JPG

Chem Dog 91'
DSCN0927.JPG
DSCN0928.JPG
DSCN0929.JPG
DSCN0931.JPG

Full Garden
DSCN0935.JPG

Chem Dog 91'
DSCN0937.JPG
DSCN0938.JPG
DSCN0939.JPG

top shot
DSCN0940.JPG

Clones
DSCN0941.JPG
DSCN0943.JPG
DSCN0942.JPG
DSCN0944.JPG
DSCN0945.JPG
DSCN0946.JPG

Seeds
DSCN0921.JPG
DSCN0947.JPG

Man that is alot, but it's only once a week. Right?
:character0180: Later!

C

CAPO

MSTimes-

Winta's right, that one picture from below was art!

Is this the '91 clone you got from HHC or did you wrangle these from the CC beans?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Molasses and Hygrozyme first week, Pure water week 2, in my system. Cheaper than carboflush stuff, and works well. Kleerex, Final Flush, etc are basically sugar water- glucose and sucrose. Effective, but not very frugal. (Warning: do not mix table sugar and water for your plants as a homemade substitute. Not the same thing.) Unless you love bugs, I'd recommend not using any fruit juices. The molasses, ironically enough, fights pests and disease while feeding beneficial micro-organisms in your soil/nutrient solution. When I first tried it, I was concerned about gnats especially, but it actually helps rid your garden of the pesky critters. I like your clean setup; your scrog is very well done. Keep it up! Peace

Top Bottom