Sour Diesel Flowering Tips? First Grow Outdoor

• Thread starter Matt F
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Matt F

Hey everyone. So I had found 6 seeds back in June in a nug I got from my dispensary. I assume these were feminized because I ended up getting 6 girls! I germinated June 14th. The strain is sour diesel. I’m in Cali and growing outdoors so the weather has been pretty nice still although I know that this is pretty late season for flowering. These girls had spider mites 2 months back and once I figured out the problem they tripled in size! So they are a little behind. Right now they are getting about 4 hours of direct sunlight, and 8 indirect each day.
They are about 4 weeks into flowering and Each plant is a little different from the Next. One of the girls isn’t budding as much as the others. The most bushy plant has the least amount of buds and the tallest seems slightly behind in every step but also seems to carry very good genetics.
Any tips for a first time grow would be greatly appreciated! I also just got sensi bloom from amazon and just arrived. Thanks!

Sour diesel flowering tips first grow outdoor
Sour diesel flowering tips first grow outdoor 2
Sour diesel flowering tips first grow outdoor 3
Sour diesel flowering tips first grow outdoor 4
Sour diesel flowering tips first grow outdoor 5
Sour diesel flowering tips first grow outdoor 6
Last edited:
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

First off, the first pic is great lol you can just see the Hollywood sign in the background lol but there's lots of cool things you can do buddy... You said you had might and I assume it was in flowering stage. I say that because at 4 weeks that bud sites are a bit small but once they bulk a little bit I recommend a technique called "Back building" it will give you huge fat nugs. Also, start tieing those middle and lower branches down slowly over the next few days. This will allow more light to get to those lower sites. As far as harvesting tips, make sure to flush your plants and give no nutes for the last week or so, you will see some yellowing but that's normal. When you see this change, make sure you have a scope or Jewelers loupe. Look at the thrichroms (crystals) if you want and upbeat buzz, harvest when 90% of the crystals are milky and 10% are a Amber color. ( Tons of resources online and info differs depending on preference) and for a couch lock buzz, harvest when the crystals are 50/50 or more. More Amber = more sedative effects.

Dunge

Dunge

Nice.
My prediction is that once you have a nice growing experience, it is just a start to years of fun.

An important aspect of your grow is the diversity of plant structure and development.
It shows clearly the result of incidental (unintended) pollination.
The results are unreliable, and your grow is a great demonstration of this.

I'm very excited to follow your grow through harvest, and get to know each plant as an individual.
Most bag seed grows are one plant under a CFL.

So please keep us updated.
And welcome to the farm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom