Sour Diesel

• Thread starter samino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Try the seed bank here or if you look hard enough theres a seed bank in michigan which i won't name that may stock yer seeds..

Other then that you might try and befriending some local growers and see if they will clone one for ya.

Motarebel

Motarebel

To get the most from Sour D it must flower for 12 weeks and most peeps can't last that long. I'm running the Fuckem cut which i believe is the same as the AJ cut. Smell is an earthy/fuel like a good OG. I have a Sour Turbo male ready for action so later this year i'll need a tester.;)

samino

samino

To get the most from Sour D it must flower for 12 weeks and most peeps can't last that long. I'm running the Fuckem cut which i believe is the same as the AJ cut. Smell is an earthy/fuel like a good OG. I have a Sour Turbo male ready for action so later this year i'll need a tester.;)

Fuckem Cut, never heard of it, sounds awesome though! Whats this Sour Turbo make up?

gr33nbean

gr33nbean

Hey Motarebel I would love to test some sour d beans from you? I have ben looking all over for a real sour diesel I have a few MTGs 101 headband and covello sour diesel is the sour turbo got anything to do with MTGs turbo diesel?

gr33nbean

gr33nbean

Nice power OG I cant wait to see her! That's one cut Ive ben looking all over for I have a ecsd but I think it is watered down and lacks the real Sour Fuely gasolines smell's I remember from the old sour d, even though my ecsd goes about 74 day's.

Motarebel

Motarebel

@gr33nbean what's MTG? Yeah the ECSD cut I have is super earthy/fuel. Had someone offer 5k for a cut but I don't sell cuts and certainly not ones gifted. The Sour turbo male wasn't a keeper but found an excellent female so she'll get hit with CS to reverse her. Need to germ some more but I have a huge OG project about to start. I did hit the ECSD with heri pollen hoping to shorten flowering time.

gr33nbean

gr33nbean

5k is a lot lol, But I'm not saying I wouldn't pay that for the real sour diesel cut. MTG is a seed company out of Cali it stands for money tree genetics I think.
@gr33nbean what's MTG? Yeah the ECSD cut I have is super earthy/fuel. Had someone offer 5k for a cut but I don't sell cuts and certainly not ones gifted. The Sour turbo male wasn't a keeper but found an excellent female so she'll get hit with CS to reverse her. Need to germ some more but I have a huge OG project about to start. I did hit the ECSD with heri pollen hoping to shorten flowering time.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

MTG is a seed company out of Cali it stands for money tree genetics I think.

I grew some of their prezidential kush, pretty dank genetics. I kept it around a while.......
I got a couple packs of their gear in the seed vault

gr33nbean

gr33nbean

Hey power OG where did you aquier the AJ Sour Diesel cut at? If you don't mind me asking every sour diesel I have grown lacks the real sour diesel, I won't name eny names but even clones I have aquiered from dispenerys just aren't the real deal. Having said that I haven't seen actual Sour Diesel in a few years. :( I have paid a lot of money for certain cutts like Pre 98 Bubba kush and OG kush(crippy) but I have paid thousands for cutts like Sour Diesel and ECSD only to find out they come very close or just lack the smells associated with Sour Diesel. :(

john martin

john martin

Cali. Connect - Original Sour Diesel = decent, but nothing like it should be. More fruity og leaning.

Just ran 5 Reserva Privada - Sour Diesel and the three taller phenos had very similar smells to the real sour diesel. I over-fed them and let them go way too long (12+ weeks).
Next run I'm going to pamper them and get a real nice clean finish and only plan to let them go 10 weeks. I noticed the smells really diminished the longer I let them go.
The lessor phenos remind me of Cali. Connect Buddha Tahoe, which I just really don't enjoy the taste or smell of.

@Motarebel, does the 12 week flower vary greatly, or do you think the phenos I have that lean towards 10ish are bunk? They grew really weird, almost like a calyxed out sativa version of Cheese, if you know what I mean... the hairs never really stuck out much, they seemed to grow with the nugs and very tips sticking out stay white until around week 10... I way over-fed them, so I imagine they will finish by week 10 on the re-run.

I think there being a super fine line between all these Sour, Chem, OG, etc. and the wide variety of phenos from different companies, makes it all about the hunt.

Just ran 4 Cali. Connect - Chemdog 91 sk va and found a real promising, super frosty and chunky shorter pheno. I made the same mistakes with these as I did with the Sours, so round two should be promising.
My friend grew some super frosty, but crappy tasting Bubblegum, and then grew some Cali. Connect Chemdog #4, and it was FLAME. It was probably 80% exact taste as the real Sour should be, but every so slightly less loud and with an extra hint of lemon. He didn't pheno hunt or keep any cuts, and only grew it once, so I think there is some major potential with Cali. Connect if you are willing to pheno hunt.

I have a pack of Loud - Sour that I need to run soon here as well as a pack of T.H. Seeds - Sage 'n' Sour... I heard real good things about Loud 7/8 Sour, and don't see why it wouldn't be even more dank.
Adam Dunn has a cool enough show for me to have some hope in his seeds, trying their Dawg Star soon as well! Friend of mine grew some Darkstar a while back and it was like a mix of Sour Diesel with the inside of some funky tire air.

Last edited:
H

happy b

Iv never had a sour d cross that left me thinking "aahhh that WAS sour d"it was something iv hunted for a very long time to no avail.

Top Bottom