Spider Mites! Best Solution?

• Thread starter Maniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maniac

Maniac

This is my first grow so its a steep learning curve for me. I have a small CGE garden with a handful of Sour D plants in 1 gallon pots They all seem to be healthy and doing well but i should have recognized the occasional speckled leaves. A few leaves here or there would die on me but i assumed it was due to lack of light from the foliage above blocking the light. As soon as i noticed web like features forming on a few of the leaves I identified the problem as spider mites. As i am in my 5th week into a 10 week flowering cycle today i felt like i shouldn't spray the foliage so i am trying Ladybugs. I sprayed the foliage with water and released 1500 Ladybugs into the room to munch on the spider mites 2 days ago. I plan on releasing a second batch of 1500 today. I'm curious if anyone else has used them with success. I have a pretty substantial infestation. What other solutions has anyone else used with success?

I'm currently working on my first grow. Strain is Sour D, I'm just finishing Week 4 of 10 of flowering and have a decent amount of flowers (20-30 bud locations on each plant)
-CGE
-SCROG
-Coco
-House and Garden full nutrient line

Y

YaBuddy321

There will be more replies bro but you can also search this site there is ton of stuff on mites. And regular spider mites are easy to deal with compared to some bugs. Also I've never seen lady bugs 100% get rid of them, I also watched on YouTube you need to build the lady bugs a home or they will just die off.
Np and good luck

ARoachclip

ARoachclip

This is my first grow so its a steep learning curve for me. I have a small CGE garden with a handful of Sour D plants in 1 gallon pots They all seem to be healthy and doing well but i should have recognized the occasional speckled leaves. A few leaves here or there would die on me but i assumed it was due to lack of light from the foliage above blocking the light. As soon as i noticed web like features forming on a few of the leaves I identified the problem as spider mites. As i am in my 5th week into a 10 week flowering cycle today i felt like i shouldn't spray the foliage so i am trying Ladybugs. I sprayed the foliage with water and released 1500 Ladybugs into the room to munch on the spider mites 2 days ago. I plan on releasing a second batch of 1500 today. I'm curious if anyone else has used them with success. I have a pretty substantial infestation. What other solutions has anyone else used with success?

I'm currently working on my first grow. Strain is Sour D, I'm just finishing Week 4 of 10 of flowering and have a decent amount of flowers (20-30 bud locations on each plant)
-CGE
-SCROG
-Coco
-House and Garden full nutrient line
An oz of prevention; per gallon that is, of the afore mentioned neem oil or Mighty wash or what ever. The main thing in control of pests and blight in small hands on gardens is from the moment that you find out that "It's a girl" You begin physically inspecting and spraying. I know it's tedious but that's the job. Make sure your plants are clean before you flip to 12/12. As for the ladybugs, my personal experience is that they flew around, screwed,crapped, then flew into the lights and died.I too got 1500 and I'll tell ya,"that's a lot of names" If I were you, I would cover my buds with sandwich bags. Then with a rubber glove on, dip your fingers in the solution (what ever you choose)I would choose "Organicide" if it is available to you, and carefully treat the bottom of each infected leaf. I also use full strength neem oil on stalks and stems, applied with a paint brush. This is where you can really show your stuff. You will not git rid of them at this late stage, but you will control them. I have done several experiments with spider mites, and I'm still working on it. If the tooth fairy ever brings me a fancy new "Ultraviolet light" I'm going to try it. They are very expensive. I would not want to hang it on the wall next to my $250.00 Blue Lab truntion (that doesn't work anymore). I'v got some other tricks up my sleeve, and there are some actually educated folks who post on this forum. Good luck. I'll keep you posted. But next grow, "Prevention, Prevention,Prevention.

IMG 2543
IMG 2155
Last edited:
Y

YaBuddy321

An oz of prevention; per gallon that is the afore mentioned neem oil or Mighty wash, or what ever. The main thing in control of pests and blight in small hands on gardens is from the moment that you find out that "It's a girl" You begin physically inspecting and spraying. I know it's tedious but that's the job. Make sure your plants are clean before you flip to 12/12. As for the ladybugs, my personal experience is that they flew around, screwed,crapped, then flew into the lights and died.I too got 1500 and I'll tell ya,"that's a lot of names" If I were you, I would cover my buds with sandwich bags. Then with a rubber glove on, dip your fingers in the solution (what ever you choose)I would choose "Organicide" if it is available to you, and carefully treat the bottom of each infected leaf. I also use full strength neem oil on stalks and stems, applied with a paint brush. This is where you can really show your stuff. You will not git rid of them at this late stage, but you will control them. I have done several experiments with spider mites, and I'm still working on it. If the tooth fairy ever brings me a fancy new "Ultraviolet light" I'm going to try it. They are very expensive. I would not want to hang it on the wall next to my $250.00 Blue Lab truntion (that doesn't work anymore). I'v got some other tricks up my sleeve, and there are some actually educated folks who post on this forum. Good luck. I'll keep you posted. But next grow, "Prevention, Prevention,Prevention.
Wow I've never seen them that bad!!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

are you aware that you are growing male plants? Unfortunately I don't see a single female flower. None of that is smokeable and likely contaminated your grow with pollen, so future runs will be fairly seeded for a while.

Oh yeah, and the spider mites. That is infested beyond treatment, even if those were female plants I would throw them out.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
are you aware that you are growing male plants? Unfortunately I don't see a single female flower. None of that is smokeable and likely contaminated your grow with pollen, so future runs will be fairly seeded for a while.

Oh yeah, and the spider mites. That is infested beyond treatment, even if those were female plants I would throw them out.
The picture of mites isn't the thread creators pics.......

frebo

frebo

Come on. Be nice. ARoachclip was probably crossing strains before you were born.

ARoachclip

ARoachclip

Those plant pics were mine not the guy that was asking for help. The spider mite and male pollen was from a dumb experiment that I was conducting. I have been doing experiments like that for many years. Also I told him to cover his colas with plastic baggies and use his fingers dipped in a pesticide of his choice and basically remove the mites manually.Pic #2 is me long ago in a galaxy far away. I've been breeding seeds like that since the 1980s. Sorry if you misunderstood me. "Highest Regards"

IMG 2543
Fea9bf187e1246088bb4e6e9c590f684
Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

My ladybugs seem to be kicking ass , I also used a clone tray and a humidity dome to make em a home and added bananas and wet cotton balls with bottled water
I've done a lot of research and they're actually very easy to take care of and keep at home

Top Bottom