Spider Mites In Flower. Your Thoughts Please..

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cinnerman914

Hi All, my first post here - I've got spider mites in my flowers and am considering using neem oil as I have used it on the leaves and it worked, but not completely. I am asking if anyone knows about using neem oil on flowers - does it need to be washed off before harvesting and curing?
Thanks for any information you may have!

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Hi All, my first post here - I've got spider mites in my flowers and am considering using neem oil as I have used it on the leaves and it worked, but not completely. I am asking if anyone knows about using neem oil on flowers - does it need to be washed off before harvesting and curing?
Thanks for any information you may have!
Are you indoors or outdoors?

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

If their outdoors then let nature run its course, you spray these chemicals or whatever and it's killing the mites but it's also killing beneficial mites that are eating the bad mites and probably everything else. I've grown many times outside, you'll have mites for a week or two then they'll get chewed up, they come back a few weeks later and they'll get chewed up again. Lady bugs will wait in your medium for them bastards to come back.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

If their indoors then you got a problem. Their almost impossible to eradicate indoors especially if they've got a good colony rolling and you didn't catch them early. Them fuckers will be in your carpet, your curtains, house plants, you name it. If you buy clones from an outside source always spray them down before you bring them in your house, people love to pass mite filled plants around because apparently if they got em then they want you to have them too. I've been fortunate and never gotten infected. Bad thing is once you think you finally got rid of them in your garden indoors, all the sudden their back. But to your question, if it's proper flowering time outside then put them outside but make sure you put them out outside in sequence of sleep time with sunset, don't want to disrupt that to much if you can help it, and let predators go to work, other option start spraying but your gonna have to spray the buds because they lay eggs everywhere, mainly on the underside of your leaves, fan leaves and sugar, and you don't want to smoke mites.

Last edited:
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Not sure if this helps, but early in flower this year I had spider mites. I'm kind of a "let nature take its course" guy and do natural things. I sprayed the plant with the hose. From above and the under sides too. This physically removes the mites. At the same time in the greenhouse, the mint was getting a heavy trim for the end of season. (Mojitos are awesome) I remembered reading that mint is a natural insect repellent. The oils irritate insects. So I placed a few sprigs within the branches and a bunch at the base of the plant. No more white spots and assumably no more mites. No chemicals, no mess. No idea if I'm gonna have minty buds though. I'll let you know around Halloween.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thank you. I have harvested them already, but I will definitely try that if I get those little bastards again.

Top Bottom