Spider Mites Vs Captain Jacks Deadbug

• Thread starter MetalGear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MetalGear

MetalGear

Hey guys

Bummed i have to post up in the infirmary but realize i have a pretty decent case of spider mites! I thought thrips but my buddy took a look and said it is def two spotted spider mites.

First things first I tossed 3-4 plants that had major white dots and stuntage.

Second i got captain jacks DEADBUG and have been spraying them 1 time a week the last 3 weeks under and top side of plants ( did nothing )

Finally yesterday I defoliated the living shit ( no pun intended ) out of these wherever i could find a leaf that had mites under it or bite marks. Then gave them a major spray from upside down under the leaves and again topside.

2 days later i still notice more mites under the leaves again and can smear the dot with my finger and see either a blood or brown mark on thumb.

Are my Mom plants completely fucked or would you recommend me just taking cuts/ a cut of each and starting over ? Captain jacks deadbug really didn’t help and I will admit i sprayed 3 days in a row before i went to defoliate

Any help would be so appreciated I am actually stumped at what else to do

-MG

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey guys

Bummed i have to post up in the infirmary but realize i have a pretty decent case of spider mites! I thought thrips but my buddy took a look and said it is def two spotted spider mites.

First things first I tossed 3-4 plants that had major white dots and stuntage.

Second i got captain jacks DEADBUG and have been spraying them 1 time a week the last 3 weeks under and top side of plants ( did nothing )

Finally yesterday I defoliated the living shit ( no pun intended ) out of these wherever i could find a leaf that had mites under it or bite marks. Then gave them a major spray from upside down under the leaves and again topside.

2 days later i still notice more mites under the leaves again and can smear the dot with my finger and see either a blood or brown mark on thumb.

Are my Mom plants completely fucked or would you recommend me just taking cuts/ a cut of each and starting over ? Captain jacks deadbug really didn’t help and I will admit i sprayed 3 days in a row before i went to defoliate

Any help would be so appreciated I am actually stumped at what else to do

-MG
take some cuts,but you got to do same with them if you dig,best way to fight any bug is switch it up,every 3 days for 2 weeks to be on safe side you got to spray,captain jack today,azamax in 3 day then maybe some spinoside,and continue process ,thing is you can kill what hadnt hatch larvae still gonna hatch ,if you dig me,so you are hitting them all,after 2 weeks clean the shit out of every thing,filter,fixtures,fans,every thing with bleach water,if you killing them whats a little bite on a leaf your not gonna smoke anyway,so i wouldnt defoilate anymore either,they say bud photo and all ,just might but a little green in there for safe mesures wont hurt burnt and all,really my last grow,heat tore um a new ass,most of the leaves that had burn spots and tip,took it off with scissors and plant still did well.
all in all you got to switch it up and hit um every 3 days,for 2 weeks and take what you can get

B

Burned Haze

* Venerate and Grandevo on rotate every 3 days , if you want a extra 3rd rotate I would do nuke em or azaguard .

* Get a 60x scope so you can scan for pest daily and I would spray in veg as a IPM plan so you never get a Population of pest, once you the pests populations . You lose, so don’t let it!

* Always take a shower before going into to your room, have “ room clothes” and I suggest having dedicated grow room shoes or boots and never let anyone in your room. Any ducting based intake , get a heap based filter

Just a few tips for ya to help you to succeed in the troubles of mites and pests in general .

Last edited by a moderator:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You didn't necessarily have to throw away those plants. Spinosad doesn't work on spider mites without a wetting agent, and even then it's not effective enough to bother with. I've found that Azamax alone will decrease their numbers dramatically. I've applied it at max strength once every 5 days 3x and a fourth if needed. Worked very well but not 100%.

Recently I had a broad mite infestation on top of the spider mites and my local hydro store guy turned me on to the garden hose affixed Triazacide. Dang, that sh*t works! Everything was dead, dead, dead. Unfortunately, it's only for use outdoors. Cheap too. $12 bottle covered 3 applications on 6x 10'+ plants.

Last edited:
M

Midsallday

Nuke em works for two spot spider mites. sprays everynight for three days

Top Bottom