Spydrx Plus Vs Hlg550s Round 2

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

I
Listen blurple,A sphere test is the industry standard to test light output,most big companies own integrated spheres for in house testing but send out to independent labs for unbiased numbers.I am not knocking what they make or saying their bad all im saying is prove it,no need to baffle us with bullshit about how your bars are patent pending,or you have some special spectrum that no one else in the world has figured out.
Sphere test or shut the fuck up.

I think you totally missed my point. It's worth double for a reason. It isn't because of some stupid sphere test they did or didn't do to hype up their product.

This isn't clothing.. it's not subjective where you pay extra for the brand because they tell you you're pretty.

We're talking about scientific efficiency and productivity. I doubt this sphere test has anything to do with the price..

I get what your saying but it's so overtly simplified, one has to not know how the economy works to believe.

K

kansabis

Well the way the economy works really makes zero sense,people buy what they are told to buy or what they think they should buy for the most part because the average consumer doesn't have a clue or research anything they spend their money on and everything is way overpriced even with so called technology that makes things easier and quicker,we still charge more and more for everything unless its old technology does the price drop at all. The reason they can charge more than hlg is because they didn't and don't really have much competition directly in their market other than hlg,so they can charge whatever they like as long as people are buying the lights why change??? Same with seeds,you can get the same genetics for a range of prices it just depends on how much the "breeder" wants to charge,as long as the demand is there and people have the money to spend.

Freshone

Freshone

@dgp,Great question,biggest sphere ive personally see has been 3' i think but im pretty sure they have larger ones.
@PassTheJ,Sphere tests ARE the way you determine light output and efficiency,period.It is the way every scientific light experiment is conducted yet you dont think its relevant to Fluence?What fluence is saying is trust us cause were better,what im saying is prove it.For all i know they could blow everyone else away,theres a million arguments but there is only one way i know of to prove its output and cut out the BS.
How do you think we should compare fluence to hlg or plc or gavita or any other light without certified test results?Im all ears.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I

I think you totally missed my point. It's worth double for a reason. It isn't because of some stupid sphere test they did or didn't do to hype up their product.

This isn't clothing.. it's not subjective where you pay extra for the brand because they tell you you're pretty.

We're talking about scientific efficiency and productivity. I doubt this sphere test has anything to do with the price..

I get what your saying but it's so overtly simplified, one has to not know how the economy works to believe.
I wouldnt buy a LED light that didnt have a independent "stupid sphere test" ... Sounds like you got it all figured out. I have nothing against spyder lights either except for their price and no independent testing. You say they are double the price for a reason, could you tell me why?

sixstring

sixstring

Let's not forget UL and ETL testing plus patents
Cost money,spydr fluence will get that money back one way or another lol.commercial ops can't always just hang up a new product like hlg550,they need the certs.which hlg will have very soon.plc as well.spydr should be a 1100 - 1200.00 light

P

PassTheJ

Yea.. I dont know about sphere tests so shoot me.

It still doesnt explain why a company could continue to sell lights twice the price of everything else if the only reason happens to be a cert test.

If these sphere tests are so standard and the only way to determine the effectiveness of a light then obviously buyers dont care enough about it since Fluence continues to sell these lights at that price.

I'd take a negative review at this point as an argument but I haven't found any so obviously I wont accept this "sphere test" as the reason why Fluence gets to supposedly RIP off people.

I guess not only dont the buyers care about the sphere test, they're walking away pretty happy..

So everyone agrees that only a shmuck would by the SpyderPlus? Lol

P

PassTheJ

Well the way the economy works really makes zero sense,people buy what they are told to buy or what they think they should buy for the most part because the average consumer doesn't have a clue or research anything they spend their money on and everything is way overpriced even with so called technology that makes things easier and quicker,we still charge more and more for everything unless its old technology does the price drop at all. The reason they can charge more than hlg is because they didn't and don't really have much competition directly in their market other than hlg,so they can charge whatever they like as long as people are buying the lights why change??? Same with seeds,you can get the same genetics for a range of prices it just depends on how much the "breeder" wants to charge,as long as the demand is there and people have the money to spend.
Much of what you wrote are exceptions to the rule. Competition dictates and resolves most of these exceptions.

Stupid consumers have and always will be part of the equation but not the general rule. Your evaluation of our economy is more cynicism then reality.

P

PassTheJ

Your kind of like a bitch bro,Not looking for answers,just wanna argue over and over,lol.

Calling me a bitch when I haven't said a word to you says more about your mother than anything else..

Also.. It's "You're" not "your".. I'm sure you have all the right answers though.. bro....:p

Last edited:
P

PassTheJ

Hey everyone, thanks for the insight. So much left to learn.. Definitely helped me figure a few things out. I'll update what lights I went for after the purchase. Most likely the Spyders though. I haven't heard or seen any negative pushback and that's reassuring. They seem like amazing lights.

Thanks ya'll

sixstring

sixstring

. Any reference to a component inside the car is irrelevant to the driver.

right from fluence website before they skip telling us what diodes they use in a big speech about led diode quality lol

first they say
Remember, the LED wattage is a system input, and growers care about the system output. Hence, the LED wattage doesn’t tell us anything about the system’s ability to deliver light to your plants.

then they say,lol

Again, you are buying light to grow and develop your plants. In our opinion, you want to buy a lighting system that delivers the required amount of light to your plants for the lowest initial cost, while consuming the fewest electrical watts possible. Ask the fixture manufacturer to provide the following pieces on information: PPF, input watts, and PPFD maps for your intended coverage area. With this information, you can calculate: PPF/$, μmol/J, light distribution patterns, and uniformity levels.

lowest initial cost ???
looks like a decent light but i know the costs of components,they are 300+% profit even IF they used the best availible diodes

sixstring

sixstring

Calling me a bitch when I haven't said a word to you says more about your mother than anything else..

Also.. It's "You're" not "your".. I'm sure you have all the right answers though.. bro....:p
calling you a bitch is not cool,but...... you had already taken us on a 8 page trip of q & a where answers were provided,then ya went to a new thread,2 new lights for what? you mind was made up months ago when ya realized mars aint all that lol.so i feel his frustration.i will say post up some pics and a review when ya get the fluence fixtures.everybody can chill now,its only money :cool:

P

PassTheJ

calling you a bitch is not cool,but...... you had already taken us on a 8 page trip of q & a where answers were provided,then ya went to a new thread,2 new lights for what? you mind was made up months ago when ya realized mars aint all that lol.so i feel his frustration.i will say post up some pics and a review when ya get the fluence fixtures.everybody can chill now,its only money :cool:

I was just being inquisitive. But yea. I get it. My intention was to gather information. Good and bad.. it didn't matter.

I'll def post up the lights.. maybe a stupid question but is it worth me buying 2 right now and changing over before I set my current cycle into flower? Finish off strong.. nothing consequential switching mid stream right?

D

DrDankPHD

the charts are to dissimilar to be used to determine anything

that aside, I have an original BML SYDR 600 (6 bars) with spectrums of my choosing based on spectrum knowledge from way back in 2014. It's ~ 85% CW/NW/WW with the remaining 15% a combination of 450 and 630

The SPYDR bars can be squeezed together, spread apart, or angled, which will alter the readings

Here's 2 @ (from seed) under it and 2 under a CoB hybrid
View attachment 791253 View attachment 791254 5 week old girls

Of course their difference one 660w ones not. Get a par meter and u can tell. Hard to do Apple to apples each light has difference specs for canopy distance. Best test. Get a par meter and grow them at the same par level. Spyders gonna be higher. The other ones has to be closer. And then check and adjust par every day.

That's what u get when you go led.

I like COB for tents or cmh. 1500 for spyderx plus? Everyone got their preference. Yield is almost always watts.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Of course their difference one 660w ones not. Get a par meter and u can tell. Hard to do Apple to apples each light has difference specs for canopy distance. Best test. Get a par meter and grow them at the same par level. Spyders gonna be higher. The other ones has to be closer. And then check and adjust par every day.

That's what u get when you go led.

I like COB for tents or cmh. 1500 for spyderx plus? Everyone got their preference. Yield is almost always watts.

well, watts /cu ft anyway

Leew421

Leew421

I did lots of research and didnt just go for some new trend. That's the Mars lights or variations of those lights. I wanted high quality at a low cost sustainable foot print. Honestly, if you have the right shop you can get a deal at 1200 or so. If you're serious you can PM me and I will put you in the right direction. You could say fluence bioengineering and I are neighbors. My shop I use is very tight with Nick. Just like six states, it's only money. And if for some reason you dont want to keep those 6 spydrx pluses, I'll make sure to buy them for 1200 a piece off you.

Top Bottom